Jack

Melanie Martinez

On 11/28/2023 at 8:44 PM, The Siren said:

weve talked about that here

never knew about S&T being a bonus track tho.

i could see a singles run for K-12 as

1. The Principal
  2. Show & Tell
  3. Lunchbox Friends
  4. Teacher's Pet

Here's my ideas for the singles and the dates I think they could've been released:

1. Nurse's Office - June 24th, 2019 (a week after the TV spot w the snippet)

2. High School Sweethearts (w Strawberry Shortcake as the B-Side, similar to how Play Date was the B-Side to Fire Drill) - July 23, 2019 (the day the vinyl single was released)

3. Show & Tell - October 3, 2019

19 hours ago, The Siren said:

portals (release 2021/2022)

1. Death
  2. Void
  3. Tunnel Vision
  4. Faerie Soiree
  5. Magnets
  6. Dragon's Blood
  7. Garden
  8. Leeches
  9. Fingers Crossed
  10. Sirens
  11. Needle & Thread
  12. Pluto
  13. Womb

diss tracks ep (release 2023)

1. Amulet
  2. Battle of the Larynx
  3. The Contortionist
  4. Nymphology
  5. Evil
  6. Powder

yes? no? edits?

lemme edit for SNUBBING her best unreleased song, Needle & Thread.

Here’s the tracklist I made for Portals 1.0

01 VOID (2021 Leak)

02 MOTHER OF PEARL

03 INCONSISTENT FLAME

04 SYNCHRONICITIES

05 LABYRINTH

06 TUNNEL VISION (2021 Leak)

07 FAERIE SOIRÉE (Demo)

08 DRAGON’S BLOOD

09 MOON CYCLE (Demo)

10 EMERALD

11 GARDEN

12 LEECHES (Demo)

13 MILK OF THE SIREN (Last Demo that leaked 2021)

14 DEATH (2021 Leak)

15 NEEDLE & THREAD

16 FINGERS CROSSED

I Didn’t include a lot of the short demos and songs that sounded too rough to put on it.

When the Jingle Ball show was first announced I was really excited and hoped she'd either show up in full prosthetics or just go on as herself. But instead we just got the same half-assed costume as the tour shows, with a handful of Portals songs that she struggled to sing(if it weren't for backing tracks her touring career would've ended years ago).

It just feels like we've been seeing the same thing all year and I really feel like she missed an opportunity to do something more unique from her current shows. And it didn't have to be anything flashy or expensive.. just her going on stage and doing a stripped acoustic set in a plain white T-shirt and jeans would've had Twitter screaming for months.

These jingle ball shows were an opportunity to grow her fan base, you have SZA and Olivia Rodrigo fans in there and most of them are not going to want to listen to someone dressed as a creepy pink alien. This isn't the portals tour where the fans are expecting that this is a live streamed festival with A List headliners... I mean her choice it's just not a good one lol

After seeing the jingle ball and in agreeance with what Grayson Stark said, I think this break she's taking will benefit not only her but us. I hate to think about the wait but if it means she puts out better quality music and actually is able to do things better then so be it 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

I've never been into the pink alien costume and I'm so beyond over it now, it really ruined the whole rollout for me and it’s why I didn’t go to the tour, I’m not paying to see Mr Blobby’s offspring prance around the stage. Since Cry Baby she’s really let her music suffer for the sake of visuals, even the quality in her lyrics went down after her debut, comparing songs like Mrs Potato Head to literally anything that came after it is so ??? Like what happened? Why did she become less about the music and more about aesthetic and visuals, such a disappointment from someone with so much potential and influence that just feels wasted now

giphy.gif