Jack

Melanie Martinez

A lot of fanfiction going on I see… 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 hours ago, sublimedreamersublime said:

I saw some interview about a week or two ago I think Melanie said she hasn't started writing any songs for the next album (if she hasn't she might start writing for it later this year). I think she's trying to figure out what direction to go in.

but didn’t she say during the K-12 era that she already had her next 2 eras figured it out with their respective films? 

my guess is that she had the next 2 albums in mind and after the leaks she scrapped that idea and moved on 

6 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Okay, end homophobia and leak Shadow Puppets, Animal Crackers and the rest of K-12 unreleased already :true:

Im tired y’all and Portals and After School were a mess :bebe:

been forever since I heard something good from her :usrsney:

Fr I don't actually care about After School and Portals unreleased, hoard that and spare us the highlights of her career... it's long overdue and the hoarding is ill.

13 minutes ago, WildChild said:

Fr I don't actually care about After School and Portals unreleased, hoard that and spare us the highlights of her career... it's long overdue and the hoarding is ill.

so true, we already have all Portals unreleased tracks (except for Menance To Society maybe) and After School outtakes are real bad with the exception of Function, History and Trophy (Spin The Bottle had potential tho) 

On the other hand, all K-12 unreleased we have are BOPs and I’m curious to know how the rest is 

3 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

so true, we already have all Portals unreleased tracks (except for Menance To Society maybe) and After School outtakes are real bad with the exception of Function, History and Trophy (Spin The Bottle had potential tho) 

On the other hand, all K-12 unreleased we have are BOPs and I’m curious to know how the rest is 

How do we know that all of portals sessions leaked? We only have the initial K&OL sessions from like 2021? And we just recently last year got a 2020 demo of Womb

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

How do we know that all of portals sessions leaked? We only have the initial K&OL sessions from like 2021? And we just recently last year got a 2020 demo of Womb

well, she did say the concept of the album was already done with the K&OL sessions but she had to rewrite all the songs to fit the titles… im not 100% sure we already have everything, but I don’t think there’s much left 

14 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

well, she did say the concept of the album was already done with the K&OL sessions but she had to rewrite all the songs to fit the titles… im not 100% sure we already have everything, but I don’t think there’s much left 

to be fair I thought the same about Cry Baby like three years ago and here we are :teehee: 

no but for real another Cry Baby outtakes mass leak would be amazing :flutter: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

15 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

to be fair I thought the same about Cry Baby like three years ago and here we are :teehee: 

no but for real another Cry Baby outtakes mass leak would be amazing :flutter: 

I would looove that! But as far as we know there’s only two more songs left from that era, and to be fair, CB outtakes are considered as such even before the Dollhouse EP so it’s easy to assume that, with the Dollhouse success, the label wanted to make her record a ton of songs for her debut. 

With K-12 and Portals seems like she had the direction a little more clear while with CB she hesitated a bit more (songs like Run, Million Men, Dear Porcupines, Gold Diggin Love and Trophy Wife don’t relate to the child-like themes). She spent years in the studio before finding her identity as an artist, and it shows! 

I recall her saying she recorded about 30 or so tracks for K-12 but I’m not sure. Anyway, any leak is welcome at this point! Preferably K-12 or CB! :true:

1 hour ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Spin the Bottle is criminally overhated. The concept + melody>>>

28 minutes ago, histories said:

The 30-songs thing was Cry Baby if I am not mistaken

I thought it was 40 for CB :deadbanana: but my memory is shit so it could be false

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

With K-12 and Portals seems like she had the direction a little more clear while with CB she hesitated a bit more (songs like Run, Million Men, Dear Porcupines, Gold Diggin Love and Trophy Wife don’t relate to the child-like themes). She spent years in the studio before finding her identity as an artist, and it shows! 

i think A Million Men could have been a Tag You're It kind of track, no? similar theme

also, im loving the activity today! 

cross your fingers for a mass leak :legend:

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

i think A Million Men could have been a Tag You're It kind of track, no? similar theme

also, im loving the activity today! 

cross your fingers for a mass leak :legend:

theme wise maybe, but the title doesn’t resemble anything child-like like the rest of songs in CB. Only the “mommy sold me for candy” thing and that is a bit of a stretch 

1 hour ago, Anonymcomenter said:

theme wise maybe, but the title doesn’t resemble anything child-like like the rest of songs in CB. Only the “mommy sold me for candy” thing and that is a bit of a stretch 

im not too sure if titles like Mad Hatter, Soap, Pity Party and maybe Carousel are at all child-like?

Cake is the only non-childhood related song on that album, I thought we established that already, and even that's only a bonus track so who really cares tbh

On 2/29/2024 at 5:12 AM, The Siren said:

im not too sure if titles like Mad Hatter, Soap, Pity Party and maybe Carousel are at all child-like?

Soap might look a bit off there but metaphor "I'm gonna wash your mouth off with a soap" is child-like

1 hour ago, histories said:

Cake is the only non-childhood related song on that album, I thought we established that already, and even that's only a bonus track so who really cares tbh

Soap might look a bit off there but metaphor "I'm gonna wash your mouth off with a soap" is child-like

Thats not a metaphor people actually did that but the word soap isn't child related specifically