Jack

Melanie Martinez

This is seriously the most excited I've been for an album in YEARS. Literally every time I open my laptop I check this thread to see if the album/a song leaked. 

I actually CANNOT wait 8 more days :(

FzytWEW.png

I too am impatiently waiting for the album! And I just love it that she's planning to make a vid for all of her songs. I know it's crazy but I'm hoping she can manage it all the same, after all she's already released a couple of them.

I discovered her roughly a month ago, thanks to this amazing thread but haven't had the time to post it here, too occupied with checking out Melanie's songs/snippets. My first one was "Dollhouse" and gotta admit it, that was something! Fell in love with it at first listen. I confess I'm not an arduous fan of every cover of hers - but some of them really did strike me in a good way, like, for example, I'm smitten with "Lights" and "Toxic" is unbelievable too. Some mind her looks, I - quite the contrary. Not to mention her own songs. I guess "You love I" is the only one I don't think is great. But that's it. "Soap" didn't sound like my thing at first either but it grew on me. So did the music video. She has great ideas.

(In short: she's absolutely awesome. Am I a promising material for her stan?)

Completely irrelevant:

some elements of her story reminds of "Flowers in the Attic". Especially with "Sippy Cup". "Kids are still depressed when you dress them up" - Gosh, that would literally fit in the book. Not to mention the fact that Crybaby's mother has many features in common with Corrine. And yet, Melanie's story so different.

And the wind I know it’s cold

"Soup"

"I think I just remembered something

I think I left the burner running

now my soup is spilling out the pot"

Such a beautiful, emotional song  :poordat:

:lel:

"I think I just remembered something

I think I left the burner running

now my soup is spilling out the pot"

Such a beautiful, emotional song  :poordat:

<3 <3 Perfect 

And the wind I know it’s cold

No one posted that the Pacify Her snippet is on IG :wtf:

Bc we already have 17 other snippets and a reasonably clear live version... It's not like it's some secret what it sounds like :uh:

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg