Jack

Melanie Martinez

no, tomorrow morning at like 7-8 est probably. The NZ store updates at 2-3am

Ohh okay. I only listened to the stream once because I want to listen with headphones when we actually have the full quality I guess I can WAIT

9ISvyf0.gif

Just started watching interviews and realized I've been pronouncing her last name wrong awk. Her speaking voice is so different from what I imagined.

And fuck @ her being sold out in Atlanta. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

how do you possibly pronounce martinez wrong  :toofunny:

mar-tin-ehz vs mar-teen-ehz 

:crai:

i'm from the south

She comes across as so genuine in interviews, it makes me really like her more. I'm so excited to hear Crybaby but I'm too lazy to look for a download and I'll get it in a few days anyways.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Does Tag, You're It parallel another mature theme or is it there strictly for the wolf kidnapping saga? Because the "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, grab a woman by her toe. If she squeals, don't let her go" and the chorus seem a bit... rape-y.

MkWI4Ns.png

Does Tag, You're It parallel another mature theme or is it there strictly for the wolf kidnapping saga? Because the "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, grab a woman by her toe. If she squeals, don't let her go" and the chorus seem a bit... rape-y.

The entire song is rape-y. Especially the pitch-shifted "here's what the male is saying" lyrics like "I love it when you hear your breathing, I hope to God you're never leaving"  :ohno:

X----into me, into you----X

The entire song is rape-y. Especially the pitch-shifted "here's what the male is saying" lyrics like "I love it when you hear your breathing, I hope to God you're never leaving" :ohno:

It's about sexual assault. It's supposed to sound like that. The wolf/predator took Cry Baby from the parking lot (probs near a playground after her "pity party" goes awry she prob went there) and he tried to lure her in. When she tried to get away he pushed her down and grabbed her.

The only thing that's unsure is if Cry Baby in this instance is suppose to be a little girl (showing more or less the dangers of strangers) or an adult woman and men trying to have their way with them by forcing them.

Even tho the topic is risque.... that song fiiire tho.

I wasn't that interested in the album from the songs she released beforehand but now that I'm hearing the whole thing I'm obsessed. My favorites are "Milk and Cookies", "Pacify Her", and "Mrs Potato Head". "Training Wheels" is pretty good too.

Just started watching interviews and realized I've been pronouncing her last name wrong awk. Her speaking voice is so different from what I imagined.

And fuck @ her being sold out in Atlanta. 

omg LB meetup pt 2 if we find them

also Sippy Cup is still the stupidest track on the entire record. it's maybe the only point where the shtick goes to grating instead of conceptual. I don't even know how to describe why/how much I hate it

BzhmW.png

I love the entire album and its concept so much, I hope it's in local stores, 'cause I ain't paying no $30 shipping fees. The only let-down is the title track tbh - the production is great but the vocal filter is a tad bit annoying