basico

Sugababes

Sugababes is an English girl group based in London. Formed in 2011, the group consists of Siobhán Donaghy, Mutya Buena, and Keisha Buchanan. The trio comprises the founding members of the Sugababes, although each of them individually departed the group in 2001, 2005, and 2009, respectively. As the Sugababes, the group released their first album, One Touch in 2000.

mutya-keisha-siobhan-2012-630x500.jpg

Sugababes (previously known as MKS)

Origin: London, England

Genres: Pop, R&B

Years Active: 2011–present

Labels: Independent

Mutya Buena

Keisha Buchanan

Siobhán Donaghy

SINGLE "FLATLINE":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaQh-TTeUWs

mutyakeishasiobhan.com   

SOCIALS:

[THEY DIDNT RELEASE ANYTHING SINCE FLATLINE YALL :xcry: ]

PfYhgA2.jpg?1PfYhgA2.jpg?1PfYhgA2.jpg?1

Wow y'all is talent not a thing?? (i thought this thread will blow up and I think that y'all are thinking Sugababes died during the hiatus ok bye :smokes3: :bye2: :sadcore: )

The never manifested the album. 

You can rename the topic Sugababes cause they won the name back.

They're supposed to release something sometimes but it's been 11 years that they reformed and they released only one single and one collaboration so we shouldn't be waiting for it to happen soon. 

On 3/16/2022 at 4:40 AM, saith said:

The never manifested the album. 

You can rename the topic Sugababes cause they won the name back.

They're supposed to release something sometimes but it's been 11 years that they reformed and they released only one single and one collaboration so we shouldn't be waiting for it to happen soon. 

"The never manifested the album." oh??? i didnt know that

im back from the dead and yes i will change...

sad we've waited for 6 years and they still havent released anything new yet since Flatline :xcry: hope they are still together and just delayed music projects because of the pandemic....

On 4/7/2022 at 12:52 PM, basico said:

"The never manifested the album." oh??? i didnt know that

im back from the dead and yes i will change...

sad we've waited for 6 years and they still havent released anything new yet since Flatline :xcry: hope they are still together and just delayed music projects because of the pandemic....

They recorded a lot of material during the MKS era but I think the release was cancelled for multiples reasons : the flop of Flatline, the legal battle to win back the Sugababes name, the leak of a lot of new material, personal strugles...

Apparently they are constantly working on new things but they are yet to release anything new. 

I think they were supposed to tour for the re-release of their debut album for its 10 years. The re-release happened (apprently itoutperfored the original release)  but not the tour due to covid. 

They are to headline Mighty Hoopla festival in 2022 tough. 

By the way, thank you for updating the topic title and description. :kiss3:

On some bits, the replacement of MKS by Sugababes is a bit off because for exemple they didn't form in 2011 but reformed as MKS. What would you think of the following :

Spoiler

Sugababes is an English girl group based in London. Formed in 1998, the group has been subject to multiples line up change. Formed in 1998, the group consists of Siobhán Donaghy, Mutya Buena, and Keisha Buchanan. Each of them individually departed the group in 2001, 2005, and 2009, respectively. The original lineup reformed in 2011 as Mutya Keisha Siobhan until they legally won back the Sugababes brand. 

This thread pops up and I'm like :shock: that sounds familiar! So I search on YouTube and it's this song!

Sorry to the real fans cause this is probably that annoying song that got so popular, but I loved this when I was like 9 or 10. I remember thinking the black girl was the prettiest person I'd ever seen. Still think so :flutter: damn I love this song. How can they be singing so sweet but its so dirty

An update for anyone interested. 

They were at Glastonbury and there attracted so so many people that entry to Avalon Stage had to be closed. A festival first apparently.

Flatline, their first single since they reunited was rereleased under the Sugababes name this year. It didn't get the attention it deserved in 2013 because there was much confusion about the band's name (people called them MKS or Sugababes while they were Mutya Keisha Siobhan at the time). Now that they won back their name it's only justice for Flatline to be retconed as Sugababes song. It is an instant classic. It got great reviews at the time.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:28 AM, TrashMagiq said:

Push The Button song of the century that’s some REAL music right there!

Praying for a comeback album. The MKS lineup really is the best one like the scrapped MKS album songs were So good.

I definitely agree They are the best lineup. Individually they are each better singers than their replacement (in my opinion) but what strikes the most is the heavenly harmonies these 3 bring. There's a chemestry that can't be replicated. 

This interpretation of Caught in a moment is the best exemple. Siobhan is replacing Heidi's parts here. She's literally replacing her replacement and it works so much. I think it's way better than the original version.

And yes the songs they recorded during the MKS era was really good. It's too bad they never got to release it because of the fight for the name and the leak. The 50 songs that leaked are among the best Sugababes songs. A double album with the best songs from the leak and new songs would be great.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:40 AM, Ultra Violet said:

This thread pops up and I'm like :shock: that sounds familiar! So I search on YouTube and it's this song!

Sorry to the real fans cause this is probably that annoying song that got so popular, but I loved this when I was like 9 or 10. I remember thinking the black girl was the prettiest person I'd ever seen. Still think so :flutter: damn I love this song. How can they be singing so sweet but its so dirty

Such a fun song. I think it is a classic for fans too. Maybe not as much as more Alt Pop songs such as Freak Like Me.

It's funny because I saw the Lizzy Grant Sugarbaby EP topic appear on the main page when I was going to update this post. I believe that their manager called them Sugarbabies before they choose Sugababes as their band's name. 

I do wish Love In Stereo, Too In Love and Enough were included but either way the tracklist they went with is very excellent I'm very pleased :true: 
I'm so glad it has the version of Back in the Day with the sample

qfrWuBl.png