Sign in to follow this  
latothemoon

SXSW showcase in Austin, March 17, 2017

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I wish she would drop BTD or VG for once. I'm glad she's switching it up though. Now give me Brooklyn Baby followed by Love and I'll be satisfied.

She doesn't sound good when singing BB live

She did it before

On 3/18/2017 at 8:17 AM, Creyk said:

She doesn't sound good when singing BB live

She did it before

Does she ever sound consistently good live though?

On 3/17/2017 at 11:34 PM, Elle said:

Here's the set list.. she cut OTTR and added SOC between Yayo & VG

50616170307_b4a9f06ca6_b.jpg

Good riddance!

tumblr_n4tas9suZA1s73qs0o1_500.gif

If she sings old songs, she should at least perform them with some sort of passion, like with Cola and Lolita.

But especially Born To Die sounds half-assed almost every time since mid-Paradise tour and Blue Jeans has lost all its magic by now. Ride sounds uninspired live amd I don't get why she still does Carmen.

CW is already a drag on the album, the live version is even worse. Why the hell did she decide to keep just this song out of all the magic UV tracks, especially since she stopped doing West Coast, which was always great live.

The only BtD/Paradise era track she should still do on a regular base is Video Games, the rest of the set should UV/HM and new material. So many artists perform multiple new songs live in advance, why are Lana's setlists such a bore? No excuse for that.

Playing older tracks live is only cool if you have not been doing them for a while.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

If she sings old songs, she should at least perform them with some sort of passion, like with Cola and Lolita.

But especially Born To Die sounds half-assed almost every time since mid-Paradise tour and Blue Jeans has lost all its magic by now. Ride sounds uninspired live amd I don't get why she still does Carmen.

CW is already a drag on the album, the live version is even worse. Why the hell did she decide to keep just this song out of all the magic UV tracks, especially since she stopped doing West Coast, which was always great live.

The only BtD/Paradise era track she should still do on a regular base is Video Games, the rest of the set should UV/HM and new material. So many artists perform multiple new songs live in advance, why are Lana's setlists such a bore? No excuse for that.

Playing older tracks live is only cool if you have not been doing them for a while.

At this point we should be happy she even performed in the first place

And she did good. Did you hear the vocal runs in Ultraviolence? She sounded fantastic and looked like an exotic legend

I wish I had a weeks advance notice, would have made the drive (gotta allocate at least 3 full days to drive from

NY to Austin (4 really is needed each way) and I would gladly have paid the $1650 for a ticket (probably could have

stayed with a friend with advance notice.

Great set list

Great show (where is the Ride video though?)

I know when I see her, if she doesn't do Born to Die or Video Games, etc. I would be disappointed, as would any fan

NOT TO MENTION- by doing those songs, it keeps people PURCHASING Born to Die, which keeps it on the charts-

(Brand new Billboard- Born to Die is in its 267th week out of 268 weeks).

And that brings in new fans who might not have had the album (or heard some of the other songs on that album

and the Paradise album).

and unlike some here said, Lana says loudly that "LOVE" is her new song.

I am ashamed at some of the posters who are negative 24/7/365...are you sure those posters are not posers

who were the same ones who posted negative comments on all the comment sections from day one? Because I for one find it hard to differentiate. How selfish.

Lana flew in last moment, had a 100% great show, had the #1 single biggest buzz of the entire SXSW festival

where thousands of concerts occurred, and is a great moment in her career.

Why do people have to be so hateful? Not to mention so childish and selfish.

AND obviously those hateful remarks and people are not paying attention to her words

SHAME ON YOU

and again, wish I had more advance notice to drive the 1800 miles. Would happily have done so.

(I hate flying, so flying is out, especially with the horrible east coast weather last week, airports were closed

two days and backuped the 3rd).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp