Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

tumblr_inline_nmbb54ZOpZ1rrrkde.gif

I'm not that excited for the possible collab additions, other than Marina and Courtney Love if there even will be collabs with them. Marina because I like her and own her albums, Courtney because she seems kinda badass, idk I've never listened to her lol. More tracks though? Hell yeah. As long as we're not getting too many collabs and the tracklist is around 15 songs or so, I think I'm good. And of course the tracks gotta be coherent enough so that it's not just random tracks released on one record, I don't want it to sound like a compilation album tbh. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I'm gonna trust on her decision-making even though I have my own doubts and concerns on those collabs for now.

(shemar moore is dreamy daddy af btw :creep: )

I hope we actually get the tracklist this time though! It'd be nice if she announced it in an exciting way

I understand but it's not like she's collabing with the wrong artists.. I mean, Stevie Nicks, Sean Ono, possibly Marina - I'm down for that!! Even BORNS I wouldn't mind on the record

Oh I hope you didn't get me wrong, I'm not saying people's opinions about the collabs are wrong!! Just stating my opinions too :)

@HBHBHB is right though, not agreeing with an artist's actions is totally O.K. and does not make someone less of a fan. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and nobody should criticise anyone based on that. freedom of speech y'all!

No hahah this totally was not in response to you at all!!!! I was just saying it's ridiculous to blatantly love everything Lana puts her name on without listening to it 

FzytWEW.png

I hope for a cover on LFL! And a bomb 12" vinyl boxset with artprints

Yes yes yes YES there needs to be a boxset like UV. Not here for another shit boxset like the Honeymoon one

FzytWEW.png

ok I also hope for a UO alternate album art and a pre-release listening party.. ready to miss school to drive to Cologne, which is 2-3 hours away

Yes yes yes YES there needs to be a boxset like UV. Not here for another shit boxset like the Honeymoon one

I actually didn't mind Honeymoon, although it was a bit empty (=no vinyls). The art prints saved it! Especially the gorgeous, underrated exclusive pictures :flutter:

giphy.gif

This is actually a fucking mess though, almost 1100 pages and still next to no information about the album

What do you mean we have the date, title, art, and 8 of the album track names.

What do you mean we have the date, title, art, and 8 of the album track names.

We have a "July 21 fam" tweet, and the date revealed in a French magazine, art posted a month and a half ago randomly and 8 track names revealed through random magazine articles. Lana herself hasn't really said much publicly 

FzytWEW.png

We have a "July 21 fam" tweet, and the date revealed in a French magazine, art posted a month and a half ago randomly and 8 track names revealed through random magazine articles. Lana herself hasn't really said much publicly 

Iconic

honestly when will your fav EVER

giphy.gif

her dad confirmed yesterday and her manager confirmed today. Also we have two music videos. We have a lot of info

I have a day off today and I'm sitting in the garden and it's like 26 degrees (I live in the UK so!!) and imagine if LFL had been released today omg

26 degrees here too!! Perfect day to blast honeymoon and uv on vinyl :glasses:  :dmd:

giphy.gif

I think the problem is that she doesn't have complete creative control when she collabs so those tracks never end up sounding like something classic from her.

The tea is LDR ft..... is watered down LDR.

Imagine Cruel World or West Coast with a feature.. imo it just makes the track less iconique because the track would have to be significantly less dreamy to have anyone featured.

god-damn.png

I have a day off today and I'm sitting in the garden and it's like 26 degrees (I live in the UK so!!) and imagine if LFL had been released today omg

i was so excited to just lie in bed in the dark with my headphones on and listen to the whole album tonight

but alas  :defeated:

I think the problem is that she doesn't have complete creative control when she collabs so those tracks never end up sounding like something classic from her.

The tea is LDR ft..... is watered down LDR.

Imagine Cruel World or West Coast with a feature.. imo it just makes the track less iconique because the track would have to be significantly less dreamy to have anyone featured.

hmmmmm you're right, but in my opinion LDR ft....... isn't necessarily bad LDR, although it's watered down LDR. It's interesting to hear LDR + collab artist's influences on a track, if that makes any sense

anyway I'm excited for the collabs!

giphy.gif

I'm really excited that more songs are being added! Yay for more new music!!  :excited:  :party:

And since Ben said "adding" and didn't say she was changing the tracklist that seems to suggest she is just adding new songs and not replacing any of the ones already on there? Lol, we'll probably never know though 

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg