Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Don't give Dan too much credit for shaping Ultraviolence to be the masterpiece it is. Since we don't even know how the original UV sounded, and how different it is to the final product, it's unfair to owe UV's success solely to Dan. At the end of the day, these are tracks co-written and birthed by Nowels. He is the real man behind the album.

5nsjRo4.gif

We have actually heard the radio edit of West Coast ( the German radio edit). And that was the demo of the song. I think we don't need to go further than that.

The UV outtakes speak for themselves. It's wasn't a desert/psychedelic album before. Before there was a lack of instruments (and ultimately just a lack of heavy production. The outtakes were clearly missing things like guitars, drums and "fuzz".

Funny that you mention the UV outtakes. I was just listening to Fine China, after someone commented how it's an atrocity that it wasn't on the album, and was mesmerised by the beautiful songwriting.

0Raxhwm.gif

Dan definitely had a large impact on how the album sounded, but no amount of production is able to cover shitty songwriting :oprah3: Dan's production is simply the cherry on top of Rick's gourmet cake.

We have actually heard the radio edit of West Coast ( the German radio edit). And that was the demo of the song. I think we don't need to go further than that.

Y'all keep referring to songs that were never supposed to be on the album. Let's not go off-topic! 

Funny that you mention the UV outtakes. I was just listening to Fine China, after someone commented how it's an atrocity that it wasn't on the album, and was mesmerised by the beautiful songwriting.

0Raxhwm.gif

Dan definitely had a large impact on how the album sounded, but no amount of production is able to cover shitty songwriting :oprah3: Dan's production is simply the cherry on top of Rick's gourmet cake.

Y'all keep referring to songs that were never supposed to be on the album. Let's not go off-topic! 

She didn't want it because it was not good enough.

0Raxhwm.gif

She didn't want it because it was not good enough.

0Raxhwm.gif

Yet isn't the final version of WC still trashed on a daily basis by the Mariah Carey stan? 

No matter how great a song is, there will always be people who aren't pleased!

tumblr_nfz4rnhZSj1szwmq5o7_r1_400.gif

Yet isn't the final version of WC still trashed on a daily basis by the Mariah Carey stan? 

No matter how great a song is, there will always be people who aren't pleased!

tumblr_nfz4rnhZSj1szwmq5o7_r1_400.gif

We shouldn't trust the Mariah stan. Who we also shouldn't trust  are Brazilians, Venenzuwhatevs, Colombians and Chilenos. Just sayin. :horror:

I'm curious WHEN they decided to delay to add collabs and songs. She turned Coachella around so quick and it's very obvious it was a rush job. I hope the new additions won't have the same crappy production and low quality lyrics. I hope we don't say she should have kept these songs for ldr6 and perfected them.

LIZARD PEOPLE

0Raxhwm.gif

Not really. The songs were baseless. I'm sorry, but Rick throwing all the shit Dan made together in a recording studio isn't exactly talent to be honest. Ultraviolence wasn't production heavy, it never was. For example, BB before and after it made the album. There was very little there to begin with, so when Dan added the drums and guitar it changed the entire chorus drop.

I would prefer Dan's version over Rick's any day. If you imagine songs like AFFA, JFK and Hollywood with Dan's style they probably become 20x better. From those songs alone, there wasn't much. Not as highly produced as BTD or HM.

I'm curious WHEN they decided to delay to add collabs and songs. She turned Coachella around so quick and it's very obvious it was a rush job. I hope the new additions won't have the same crappy production and low quality lyrics. I hope we don't say she should have kept these songs for ldr6 and perfected them.

this is my exact concernn, I just hope she doesn't replace a bunch of songs, It'd be nice to just have an addition of songs though. I wouldn't mind a Borns or Marina collab but a G-Eazy collab has no place on an album with Stevie Nicks, he can keep that for his album  :toofunny:

Not really. The songs were baseless. I'm sorry, but Rick throwing all the shit Dan made together in a recording studio isn't exactly talent to be honest. Ultraviolence wasn't production heavy, it never was. For example, BB before and after it made the album. There was very little there to begin with, so when Dan added the drums and guitar it changed the entire chorus drop.

I would prefer Dan's version over Rick's any day. If you imagine songs like AFFA, JFK and Hollywood with Dan's style they probably become 20x better. From those songs alone, there wasn't much. Not as highly produced as BTD or HM.

Dan was never involved with Black Beauty. That was Paul Epworth.

Plus, the beauty of Black Beauty was in how raw yet powerful the beat was. Paul ruined it with those dissonant, screeching guitars.

I'm exiting this conversation as I am not dealing with fraudulence!

PRlviuw.gif

D5Ql569.jpg

giphy.gif

The last one is my local store. They changed the release date to June 9.

I think that's the right date they get CDs in stock.

There's a chance that we might get LFL digitally around now.

I just woke up and scanned thru these last pages pretty quick and didn't see it so sry if I'm late lol

he's learning juvenile sass from all the gays that have (rightly so) been harassing him; no offense but this is y'alls fault LMAO

rihKQ8M.gif