Sign in to follow this  
Pocket Gay

If Lana were to change up her sound...

Don't know if there's a thread like this but...what kind of sound or musical direction would you like to see her go in?

I personally would love to see her go into that whole 1970s disco vibe ala Baccara, some examples to get an idea of what that sound would be like:

she changes her sound on each album she does. It never sounds the same. As for changing her style sound. NO way. There is no one out there like Lana that's what makes her unique. We don't want her sounding like other songs on the radio.

in terms of production (BtD more hiphop/baroque pop, UV adding guitars, HM being very cinematic and noir) I'd love to see more jazz-style songs, or at least dimly-lit club style songs; If she were to make an album based off of the sounds seen in Million Dollar Man/Carmen I'd die of happiness- Wait for Life kind of extends the sound of the two aforementioned. But I want Lana to keep her unique style of songs going- even in other alt artists I can never find the same spark, and if I do its genuine people that say theyre inspired by lana (and name their songs things like tropez love, tropico, and bad boy ive seen- ugh)

I would her to do one of those things

1. a real rocky-grungey album with some songs with lyrics where she gives criticizes the society we live in.

2. an elegant pop album, where it's songs sounds like the Paradise's unreleased songs, Hollywood's dead, life is beautiful and etc.

3. an album with a vintage rock sound, like The Velvet Underground influenced.

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

I'm not really sure. It seems like she's continued to evolve her sound since Sirens, and that's an exciting thing to witness. I guess the only thing I hope for, and it's admittedly a tall order for any artist, is for her to continue to make leaps the way she did from BTD/Paradise to Ultraviolence. Again, maybe she will never do that again, and that's understandable (though, on a minor scale, she does that every time), but I love when artists are able to stretch themselves and go in unpredictable ways while also making something that still feels very much like them. 

I'd really just like a feel good album from her. Things that are close to home.

BTD and Paradise was more about reaching for the stars and acquiring fame.
Ultraviolence was targeted more towards society around her and a response to their backlash. 
Honeymoon was when she gained proper recognition for her craft, and leaving all of the toxicity behind her.
Lust for Life is an album for the fans, at the loosest of concepts

I want to know what would happen next. How personal she can be, stripped back in sound, more contemplative inwardly. That kinda material

UV/Honeymoon

I would her to do one of those things

1. a real rocky-grungey album with some songs with lyrics where she gives criticizes the society we live in.

2. an elegant pop album, where it's songs sounds like the Paradise's unreleased songs, Hollywood's dead, life is beautiful and etc.

3. an album with a vintage rock sound, like The Velvet Underground influenced.

yesss

and I'd like to see her doing stuff like this: