Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Beautiful, but it's a shame it didn't came as a separate poster because now you can't hang it on the wall without losing the booklet

original.gif

I am listening to this album as slowly as I can so I can savor it, so my reaction times are very behind, but BPBP is so amazing and has such a 70s vibe, especially when their voices come together. I also see what stevie was saying when she said she learned a little from Lana. I can hear her kind of dragging out the syllables just a tiny bit more (in a good way) than she normally does when she usually sings. They fit so well together in the world of the song, in a way I wasn't expecting. 

alright guys... i'm trying SUPER hard to get into GBA but holy cow i just can't take this song seriously :lmao:  (but i'm still lowkey here for it :creep: )

the chorus kills the momentum of the song and the gunshots.. :rip: . but it's still cute and good for a laugh so i'll keep it

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif

so my target edition of lfl came in the mail today and i was very upset to find that as soon as i opened the brown package there was a crack in the cd case going all the way across the front. will i be able to take this to my near target store and exchange it for an un-cracked case??? im also really upset that the poster IS the booklet from above ^^^

i wonder if i act mad enough they'll let me get a new copy and keep the cracked one so i can have the booklet AND the poster  :creep:  :creep:

so my target edition of lfl came in the mail today and i was very upset to find that as soon as i opened the brown package there was a crack in the cd case going all the way across the front. will i be able to take this to my near target store and exchange it for an un-cracked case??? im also really upset that the poster IS the booklet from above ^^^

i wonder if i act mad enough they'll let me get a new copy and keep the cracked one so i can have the booklet AND the poster :creep: :creep:

Yes you should. Just show them your receipts and explain what happened. you should be good to go

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

This is really a thought out album, what I really liked the most was the clear narrative and the fact that she was so open in the interviews about what the album really was about, which made it all a lot more clearer. What an interesting record, to see Lana grow it's  so fascinating, makes me wanna grow too.

My favorites are Heroin, Get Free, Change, God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, man I love them all, but I must say my least favorite is White Mustang. Also, Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind fits SO GOOD on the album, damn, it flows so well, ugh. I hope she does them all live at some point, I don't get why she said in the Livestream she was sabotaging herself by playing those songs in the listening party, Dear Lana, those songs are diamonds, be proud of them, we love them, you love them, play them to us.

Something to really thank Lana about is for bringing good-full-of-lyrics choruses back, I love Honeymoon and Ultraviolence but man, I just realized I really did miss the complex choruses of Born To Die and Paradise.

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I think Get Free is one of my favorite Lana songs along with Old Money, Off To The Races and Video Games... wow :wowcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i know they'll let me exchange it but what i REALLY wanna know is if i can keep the cracked one for the poster :ohno:

I say print a fake back cover and keep the booklet. They will never know. :godlaugh:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

i know they'll let me exchange it but what i REALLY wanna know is if i can keep the cracked one for the poster  :ohno:

If you ordered it online, just email them requesting they send you a new one to compensate for the broken one

FzytWEW.png

but i havent opened the wrap around it so it wouldnt work :crossed:

Well, sis, just act mad like u originally planned

Also

DYLAN UPLOADED HIS REACTION BITCHES GO WATCH

and just send pictures when they ask for proof??

yeah, I've done this heaps with many different stores and they've all just sent me replacements and let me keep the faulty one. Not all of them even asked for pics (Urban Outfitters did not), I mean why would they want the faulty one anyway

FzytWEW.png

does anyone else feel like some songs on LFL feel like what HM should've been? 13 Beaches feels like a honeymoon song, from the strings outro to the rolling chorus and the synths. it's like Honeymoon+. I love it tho. <3 and then white mustang also feels like a HM song, mostly with the synths

smile.gif