Sign in to follow this  
annedauphine

Subversive - Lust For Life concept booklet

Started out as a joke but now we here, this is the best thing I've ever done.

LOOK ON BEHANCE PLEASE!!

Concept:
Booklet 28p
Black and white
Inside uncoated paper 140g
Cover and slide uncoated paper 300g
Matte black bubble envelope
Subversive A5 slide sticker on the envelope
Binding wire-o matte black metal small round holes

All illustrations except page 17 by me 

Typography:
Space Mono by Colophon
Akzidenz Grotesk Bold Extended by Berthold
Beckett by Audio Electric Systems

a3bdc054864887.59baddd1b3956.png72e78c54864887.59baddd1b28e1.png

28237254864887.59baddd1b224e.pnge9fff954864887.59baddd1b1c3a.png

daffa254864887.59baddd1b164b.png

756d4654864887.59baddd1b40dc.pngea48dd54864887.59baddd1b331a.png

6b1cc054864887.59baddd1b1329.png

63f33654864887.59baddd1b3df0.png

ede01954864887.59baddd1b0f55.png5a83eb54864887.59baddd1b1948.pnga1b48f54864887.59baddd1b0a4e.png

d0f83854864887.59baddd1b2546.png

01f78b54864887.59baddd1b46a2.png

faae2a54864887.59baddd1b2d85.png

4tdWYMA.png

13 Beaches, Cherry, White Mustang, Heroin and Change are my faves  :oprah:  (Which was actually hard to decide because all of them are so great)

Thank you so much! Mine is definitely the WM/SB spread I love dem chainz. Also GL/IMF

4tdWYMA.png

this is so fucking cool, did you do all the illustrations? I'm doing something like this for my graphic design portfolio and would love guidance on the illustrations like what did you use?  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

5a86642010719_tumblr_otrpzotSn41rdizqpo1

this is so fucking cool, did you do all the illustrations? I'm doing something like this for my graphic design portfolio and would love guidance on the illustrations like what did you use?  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

I did everything except the illustration for Coachella. I used PS, AI and a graphic tablet :) You're a graphic design student? This is so awesome omg

4tdWYMA.png

I did everything except the illustration for Coachella. I used PS, AI and a graphic tablet :) You're a graphic design student? This is so awesome omg

yeah! I'm starting at university soon, I'm just putting together my portfolio and I'm basing mine around album artwork/booklets and the aesthetic you used for this is everything  :defeated: you should honestly consider looking into working in graphic design if you're this good!

5a86642010719_tumblr_otrpzotSn41rdizqpo1

yeah! I'm starting at university soon, I'm just putting together my portfolio and I'm basing mine around album artwork/booklets and the aesthetic you used for this is everything  :defeated: you should honestly consider looking into working in graphic design if you're this good!

Well I'm starting my second year as a graphic design student, Daytona Mess is already a freelance studio and I have the firm intention of entering an agency before flying with my own wings :) Thank you again! I wish you the best! I'd love to get a look once you're done!

4tdWYMA.png

Oh wow, I LOVE the concept! It looks so good! I love how you use the fonts and how they work together and I love even more how you captured the core of every song - everything is on point. Just perfect! :gclap:

From time to time I've always been sneaking into your thread and looked through your work and it's truly inspiring to see all your progress, especially when your creations are already great and then boom you come up with something even better. I guess I have to say that I'm a fan.

Can't wait to see pictures of it printed out.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

It looks cool, however I don't particularly care for the Space Mono font on pages 2, 3 and 6. It cheapens what you're trying to achieve 

Thanks for the constructive criticism :) I really wanted a mono font for the running text and I tested a few and preferred this one but I understand what you mean. It was a risk but I think it works well.

Oh wow, I LOVE the concept! It looks so good! I love how you use the fonts and how they work together and I love even more how you captured the core of every song - everything is on point. Just perfect! :gclap:

From time to time I've always been sneaking into your thread and looked through your work and it's truly inspiring to see all your progress, especially when your creations are already great and then boom you come up with something even better. I guess I have to say that I'm a fan.

Can't wait to see pictures of it printed out.

Wow thank you so much it means a lot!! Yeah I think that everything I've done before that has been deadass shit lmao but I'm really trying to blossom as a designer. Soon I'll have to do other things than Lana so I wanted to put everything in for this incredible, so beautiful album and even though it isn't particularly MY vision of the album it's one in an infinity and I'm happy with how it turned out. I'll have to work on it a lot more to get it printed but it's coming :)

4tdWYMA.png

Updated with the scans :) I'm so happy cause I only screwed up the contents page and today I presented it to my internship report jury and they LOVED it and told me it was high quality work and that I will go far and if I blow up because of Lana I will die of happiness. It's picking up views on Behance please make sure to like it if you can!

4tdWYMA.png

Updated with the scans :) I'm so happy cause I only screwed up the contents page and today I presented it to my internship report jury and they LOVED it and told me it was high quality work and that I will go far and if I blow up because of Lana I will die of happiness. It's picking up views on Behance please make sure to like it if you can!

I told you that you're great!!  :flutter:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :kiss:

Happy to hear that it went well! ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png