1. 1. Which era is the best?

• Sirens
    • AKA
    • Born to Die
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust For Life

Ultraviolence era gave us amazing photoshoots, the iconic legendary talented beautiful tempo changing masterpiece that is west coast.... , shall we even mention the shades of cool music video in that coachella dress... plus all of the leaks happening right before the era started.... "meet me in the pale moonlight a new b-side from lana's new album" tweet response about the first single being WC like it was all amazing there are no other competitors the album and it's innovative production was and will remain to be her best, the leaks were the best, the tours and festivals were amazing, all of neil krug's amazing shoots etc.     :crossed:  :hooker:  :woot:  :diva:

I don't like choosing, as it depends on my mood and where I am in life what era I find most intriguing, but with a gun to my head, I'd probably say this^^

Ultraviolence might arguably be the album with the most longevity, it has that timeless quality, where as some hiphop/trap elements on BTD and Lust for Life for example might age less well. 

EDIT: Oh, and as much as I loved Paradise, with Tropico, Ride and the beautiful tour, I could never choose it simply because of that H&M campaign with the peach pink fuzzy sweater and matching jeans. Like I actually thought it was kind of cute then, but it's probably something our children will taunt us all for in a decade  :facepalm:

The "Paradise" era, which includes Tropico was her strongest era of vision IMO.  70% of BTD is amazing, as well as Ultraviolence... but all of Paradise was top notch.  It's unfortunate, in a way, that it got lumped in with the BTD era because to me it's a fully unique listening experience.  Deeper than most of the BTD songs, and produced much better than either BTD or Ultraviolence.  And after doing Tropico, her visual output has been increasingly lazy and boring.  And I have to add, I think she looked the best in this era also :)

26vMNDz.gif

LFL all the way! To be honest, every previous album talked about that lifestyle made of rich guys, expensive cars, drinks, swimming pools... that's wasn't my thing. It was also the reason I loved her, because listening to her was like entering in the different world of a persona who was really different from me, and that helped a lot while I was unhappy and stressed in my real life. However, in this era she talks about empowering women, global warming, climate change... She's so conscious now, and that's the quality I appreciate the most in a person.

Anyway AKA, in terms of visuals and sound is my real favorite era, but I didn't, you know, lived it, so LFL wins :D

THE OCEAN MAKES ME CRY

I'm gonna say AKA because I know it's not going to win the poll and I live for the whole aesthetic of that time in Lizzy's life. The platinum hair, the high singing voice, the trailer park vibe.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I feel the only correct answer is Paradise and this is coming from a gay who's a UV stan. y'all we got a fucking mini movie ala Tropico, the ep was so lush and rich in sound and she was at her peak in terms of looks imo her face was always beat for filth and some of the looks were just...immaculate. A beautiful era if I ever saw one

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Born to Die and Paradise easily. Best videos, best looks, great photoshoots, she was new and growing. Everything was exciting. She just kept her momentum going with Paradise and released Tropico and Ride and gave great live performances (iTunes Festival 2012). All the rest of the eras have been boring and just music to me. UV has a nice aesthetic and looks, but her videos and eras have been boring for me ever since Paradise ended.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

If this was a year ago I would have surely said UV. But I've doing some thinking and although every era is precious and near to my heart. Lust For Life is by far the best. I say this for many reasons. Mainly that Lana herself has been so confident and adamant about her work, how she worked with all her favorite fellow artists, how she spoke so eloquently about the issues in the world around her, how she broke out of the box that everyone has put her in as the resident "old-hollywood esque" sad crooner. And how no one would let her be anything more than that. But she is so much more. She has so much to say and she says is so well. And this was the year I feel that Lana has finally broke free. And because of these things and many others, I say that without a doubt Lust For Life is the best era.