Sign in to follow this  
evalionisameme

Lana's Impact: Artists who cite her as an influence/legacy on the music industry

xxxtrashtaction also said he liked her since "day 1"

half of these artists I would never listen to so it really makes me think of her "impact". and all artists here are pretty irrelevant as compared to beyonce, taylor swift, drake.. you know the whole circle. I mean maybe Halsey but that's Halsey. taylor was a surprise to me on the list tbh. didn't Adele say she loved Lana too? 

I literally don't know who is this but a girl named Rachel Platter talked about how her song "Collide" was inspired by Lana (can't really hear the influence though?) anyway, she still said that she was inspired by her

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I literally don't know who is this but a girl named Rachel Platter talked about how her song "Collide" was inspired by Lana (can't really hear the influence though?) anyway, she still said that she was inspired by her

this is her most popular single in the US back in mid 2015 

she's the other white female artist soccer moms love besides Meghan Trainor

goes well w a side of Sam Smith

Just about every single artist is directly influenced by Elizabeth. Both old and new

She took her own influences and one upped everyone

and when everyone is copying or stealing or taking from her, she moves onto another place and time far far ahead of her

funny thing when people say Lana and David Lynch are en synch, well there is one part where that just is not so.

Lynch has no water, his existential being is inland.

Elizabeth yearns for water and the sea in almost every single album

Be it nightmare, be it dreams, be it looking inward or outward that is a fundamental difference.

and older artists who are into later day music are affected themselves, in that they seem to come back into the public, be it a new album, a new tour or something

and I have said it and I believe, Lana had a somewhat influence on even Kate Bush, and she came back to re-stake her place in the music world

where she too was unique (and where those months of touring in only one place, probably to never happen again) directly led to her far delayed first nomination

into the rock hall of fame. (Would she show up if she is picked? She don't fly. So it would have to be by boat.

And this same year, Nina Simone also way way way way way way way too late, has received her nomination to the Hall.

(Wouldn't it be something if both Nina and Kate were inducted and Lana was one of those inducting both of them? 

and it's more than obvious that Leonard Cohen too because she would not have been invited had Leonard not personally mentioned her.

(and then there are all the rappers, and Stevie Nicks, Courtney Love, Sean Lennon. etc.

the question is- how many artists now WON'T do publicity they always did, because they are copying Lana

(and the other question is- how many record and radio people say get me a Lana who WILL do whatever that they can control.

always one step ahead, Lana on the boardwalk with the soft ice cream, looking back, winking with us, at all those ten steps behind her

and just when they think they caught up, she is another ten miles ahead of them.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Here's a list of few of the "biggest" artists who have said nice things about Lana:

-Lady Gaga: they're friends and has quoted Lana's songs in instagram posts before

-Christina Aguilera: said she loved Lana during an interview at the 2012 AMAs

-Madonna: when asked about Lana, Madonna's manager tweeted that she loves her

-Katy Perry: tweeted multiple times she loved Lana and they've met a few times

-Kanye West: we know he's been a fan since the beginning

-Miley Cyrus: once posted on insta saying she was Lana's #1 fan, covered 'Summertime Sadness' multiple times on tour

-Taylor Swift: included songs of Lana on her spotify playlists

-Lorde (even tho in later years she criticized Lana): used to be a fan and reblog Lana stuff on tumblr

-Lil Kim: tweeted that she loved Lana

-Elton John: talked very well about Lana on his radio show

-Frank Ocean: often talked about Lana on tumblr

-Charli XCX/Halsey/Melanie Martinez/Florence & The Machine/Marina & the Diamonds: all talked well about Lana (as said in posts before)

-Sam Smith: tweeted Lana multiple times

-5th Harmony: covered Lana and Lauren is a huge fan

-Justin Bieber: reportedly approached Lana as a fan years ago in Cannes

-Niall Horan: went to Lana's concert in 2012

-Lindsay Lohan: stated she's a fan and they're friends

I'm gonna update this soon

giphy.gif