Sign in to follow this  
latothemoon

Sydney, NSW @ Qudos Bank Arena - April 2nd, 2018

I think her extensions look hideous without styling. :toofunny: I prefer her shorter hair with curls over this. :flutter:

Yeah, those extensions paired with that hairstyle was...a choice.  :toofunny: Leave the long, straight ponytail to Ariana Grande. Maybe they would look a little better if they were loose and wavy or curly.

giphy-1.gif 

honestly people be dragging her look but honestly y'all didn't get to witness the iconic long ponytail in person- you don't even KNOW what you're talking about- she looked absolutely stunning, just radiating good energy.

Also the crowd was surprisingly good! I was expecting lots of pushing and shoving to see Lana, but most people in the crowd were super respectful. Feel sorry for the guys who waited 2 days camped out for her though since she only took selfies with like 3 people in the crowd & didn't come down during OTTR lol. Sooo many people fainted/vomited. Truly a wild night!

edit: while in line a bunch of people started screaming, and everyone thought Lana must've shown up, and got their phones out to film-- and it turned out people were screaming cause like half a dozen people started throwing up lmfao. I guess thats what happens when security make you clump up together in line in 35 degree heat lol! water was $5 a bottle too. hope everyone still had a blasttt

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I had an amazing time, but I couldn't help being disappointed with how minimally she decided to interact with her fans, and in the aftermath am just a bit sad.

Fully respect her decision and it must be so tiring for her but seeing the highlight reels of fans on the internet getting autographs and selfies makes it seem like such a feasible thing that could've happened. She didn't come down to the left side of the mosh and she didn't greet anyone before or after (huge crowd waiting for 2 hours after the concert finished).

I was in the front side of the mosh and had queued from 8am, there were about 100 people who were lined up before me too, and stayed til 11pm.

Highlights though. Borns was amazing and had so much energy. And Lana sang a snippet of an new song? She also was very sweet to tell us her inspiration for writing Yayo. A sweet moment she had with a fan was when one girl told her she'd been a fan since 2011 and the entire audience aww'ed  because I'm guessing so many of us feel the same way.

I love all her looks casual to dolled up. I was getting a Kim K vibe from her in sydney.

I had an amazing time, but I couldn't help being disappointed with how minimally she decided to interact with her fans, and in the aftermath am just a bit sad.

Fully respect her decision and it must be so tiring for her but seeing the highlight reels of fans on the internet getting autographs and selfies makes it seem like such a feasible thing that could've happened. She didn't come down to the left side of the mosh and she didn't greet anyone before or after (huge crowd waiting for 2 hours after the concert finished).

I was in the front side of the mosh and had queued from 8am, there were about 100 people who were lined up before me too, and stayed til 11pm.

Highlights though. Borns was amazing and had so much energy. And Lana sang a snippet of an new song? She also was very sweet to tell us her inspiration for writing Yayo. A sweet moment she had with a fan was when one girl told her she'd been a fan since 2011 and the entire audience aww'ed because I'm guessing so many of us feel the same way.

I love all her looks casual to dolled up. I was getting a Kim K vibe from her in sydney.

I feel for you and it’s okay to feel sad. While meeting her is feasible..it’s also relying on luck, her mood, the crowds mood and so many other factors..whether she goes left or right when she comes down the stairs, etc. It’s all so unpredictable and I do think she comes down at the US dates to specifically see fans she knows and who follow her around and along the way meets other people for the first time. So I feel like that’s why she didn’t spend too much time down there for the Australian shows? It’s really unfortunate as she doesn’t come to Australia often obviously so everyone waits so long for a picture or interaction and if it doesn’t happen it’s just soul crushing.

To be fair though other artists charge a lot of money to meet them like this, and people of Lana’s fame don’t even have paid meet and greets. So she is a saint for doing it but at the same time it can be difficult to get the opportunity and you kind of have to see her a few times for everything to line up perfectly (I had to try 3 times).

I’m scared for when she stops coming down to the barricade for good. I don’t feel she can keep doing it forever and it also creates chaos and competition among the fans...people lining up earlier and earlier and acting crazier and crazier. But its such a special thing she does, it’ll be sad when it’s over.

It was weird seeing her walk out on stage. Like Lana was only either been someone in my head/ears or someone on screen and finally seeing her in person was really surreal (and kind of disorientating)  :icant: . The dress and long ponytail was much better in person and Lana was taller than I expected. 

The show itself was kind of perfect. I still don’t know what the dancers added but I guess they’re there and they’re fine. She didn’t perform any songs from Honeymoon, not even MTWBT even though there was this one guy who kept shouting Honeymoon  :crying5:  when she asked which song she should perform. We love that man of taste :defeated: .

edit: while in line a bunch of people started screaming, and everyone thought Lana must've shown up, and got their phones out to film-- and it turned out people were screaming cause like half a dozen people started throwing up lmfao. I guess thats what happens when security make you clump up together in line in 35 degree heat lol! water was $5 a bottle too. hope everyone still had a blasttt

That was kind of hilarious. Seriously though, the doors opened one hour later than stated so I don’t why security thought it was necessary to make us all stand up and squeeze together. I’m not surprised people fainted and vomited. It was hell waiting in the heat and I think the way the handled it surely was not OH&S compliant even though the security guy kept talking about how his job was to keep us ‘safe’ (and kept repeating how any one with a seated ticket does not belong in the line)  :eartha2: .

The crowd is general wasn’t as bad as expected (they were quite chilled for a Lana event) particularly compared to what I’ve heard online. I’m def stuck in my bubble but I was struck at how mainstream and GP-friendly Lana has become. It should be obvious but it’s only in scenarios like this you realise it’s not 2011 anymore  :um2: . Also I was surprised how young the crowd was. There were some 20 year olds but it was mostly packed with teenagers. I guess all the older ones were in the seats  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:.

Here’s the part of Lana talking about Cat Power (Borns was cute but Grimes, Courtney or Chan probably would’ve kept my interest :hooker: ): https://twitter.com/bereavedbyyou/status/980820784728780801

dreaming away your life...

Seriously though, the doors opened one hour later than stated so I don’t why security thought it was necessary to make us all stand up and squeeze together.

Security said that there was a problem at the rehearsal/sound check. They were rehearsing while we were queuing so they can't let people in until they finish...

Also I was surprised how young the crowd was. There were some 20 year olds but it was mostly packed with teenagers.

Yes loads of teens but I expected that. Maybe some twenty somethings have baby faces? I was with two other people in our mid twenties and the kids in front of us told me I looked 16  :(

I feel for you and it’s okay to feel sad. While meeting her is feasible..it’s also relying on luck, her mood, the crowds mood and so many other factors..whether she goes left or right when she comes down the stairs, etc. It’s all so unpredictable and I do think she comes down at the US dates to specifically see fans she knows and who follow her around and along the way meets other people for the first time. So I feel like that’s why she didn’t spend too much time down there for the Australian shows? It’s really unfortunate as she doesn’t come to Australia often obviously so everyone waits so long for a picture or interaction and if it doesn’t happen it’s just soul crushing.

To be fair though other artists charge a lot of money to meet them like this, and people of Lana’s fame don’t even have paid meet and greets. So she is a saint for doing it but at the same time it can be difficult to get the opportunity and you kind of have to see her a few times for everything to line up perfectly (I had to try 3 times).

I’m scared for when she stops coming down to the barricade for good. I don’t feel she can keep doing it forever and it also creates chaos and competition among the fans...people lining up earlier and earlier and acting crazier and crazier. But its such a special thing she does, it’ll be sad when it’s over.

You make some good points. I didn't realise that she would come down especially to say hello to 'groupies'. Three times! I felt just so lucky to see her concert once since she hasn't been here for 6 years :O but I would be doing that sort of thing if could visit the US.  Last night I didn't feel the connection that I hoped to - that's ok, I'll definitely live and keep enjoying the music. 

It was weird seeing her walk out on stage. Like Lana was only either been someone in my head/ears or someone on screen and finally seeing her in person was really surreal (and kind of disorientating)  :icant: . The dress and long ponytail was much better in person and Lana was taller than I expected. 

The show itself was kind of perfect. I still don’t know what the dancers added but I guess they’re there and they’re fine. She didn’t perform any songs from Honeymoon, not even MTWBT even though there was this one guy who kept shouting Honeymoon  :crying5:  when she asked which song she should perform. We love that man of taste :defeated: .

That was kind of hilarious. Seriously though, the doors opened one hour later than stated so I don’t why security thought it was necessary to make us all stand up and squeeze together. I’m not surprised people fainted and vomited. It was hell waiting in the heat and I think the way the handled it surely was not OH&S compliant even though the security guy kept talking about how his job was to keep us ‘safe’ (and kept repeating how any one with a seated ticket does not belong in the line)  :eartha2: .

The crowd is general wasn’t as bad as expected (they were quite chilled for a Lana event) particularly compared to what I’ve heard online. I’m def stuck in my bubble but I was struck at how mainstream and GP-friendly Lana has become. It should be obvious but it’s only in scenarios like this you realise it’s not 2011 anymore  :um2: . Also I was surprised how young the crowd was. There were some 20 year olds but it was mostly packed with teenagers. I guess all the older ones were in the seats  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:.

Here’s the part of Lana talking about Cat Power (Borns was cute but Grimes, Courtney or Chan probably would’ve kept my interest :hooker: ): https://twitter.com/bereavedbyyou/status/980820784728780801

I really wanna see her doing a song with cat power

Are you sure? Why has no one mentioned this omg

@@Coney Island King mentioned in this thread page before, I think we were talking about the same thing? I couldn't remember if it was after Cherry, but I think so?  I got a clip of a bit of the second part of it but not the whole thing.

It was probably the intro to White Mustang? But yes tell us exactly what happened lol

It seems like it might've been. I didn't get a video of the whole thing though. (She was singing for a good minute or so before I filmed and I didn't recognise it in other uploads) Here is the part that I got

I can't seem to edit my above post because of a database error with the site... but anyway, seems like it was probably just the white mustang intro the whole way.

honestly people be dragging her look but honestly y'all didn't get to witness the iconic long ponytail in person- you don't even KNOW what you're talking about- she looked absolutely stunning, just radiating good energy.

Also the crowd was surprisingly good! I was expecting lots of pushing and shoving to see Lana, but most people in the crowd were super respectful. Feel sorry for the guys who waited 2 days camped out for her though since she only took selfies with like 3 people in the crowd & didn't come down during OTTR lol. Sooo many people fainted/vomited. Truly a wild night!

I agree with you. It's weird that the photos posted on here don't do the youthful elegant candor she radiated in person on the night justice. 

The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

One of the greatest nights of my life. Samantha and I walked - or rather, floated out - like we'd just been to a special place in heaven. Sam turned to me with this look on her face, and says, "I really think I'm in love with her." :D

Overheard comment from behind us when she first walked on stage: "Oh my god, she's real!!"

One of the greatest nights of my life. Samantha and I walked - or rather, floated out - like we'd just been to a special place in heaven. Sam turned to me with this look on her face, and says, "I really think I'm in love with her." :D

Overheard comment from behind us when she first walked on stage: "Oh my god, she's real!!"

How lovely. 

At the Brisbane show I had 2 Bogan chicks behind me yelling "OH MY GOD SHE'S SO FUCKING HOT,  I THINK I'M LESBIAN, THIS CUNT NEEDS TO SIT IN MY FACE" 

"OH MY GOD,  I'M GONNA CUM!!!!  WHAT ABOUT YOU!??? "

Just found this thread and such great memories! It was my first Lana show and I was still on a high when I rocked up for work as a flight attendant the next day and was told she's on my flight to LA (my avatar is the selfie she offered to take after my fan-girling lol)