Sign in to follow this  
buster

The Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion - May 7th, 2015

She actually did a lot of songs and the setlist was fantastic. Even the old songs that she has sung before sounded somewhat fresh and she improvised a lot. Her voice sounded incredibly good.

And btw, the stage design is inspired by the town in the old movie "Metropolis".

metropolis.jpg

David Bowie also did a similar stage set for his "Diamond Dogs" tour back in the 70's:

rock_music_sets-bowie-1974-diamond_dogs-

Sorry guys I couldn't get online while at the venue, but by now you know everything!

if you want to post a recount of your experience with any photos you took I'm sure a loot of people would be interested in reading that.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Thank you so much! Chelsea (Leonard Cohen, yeah!!!!)

God if they could do a duet together (perhaps a Christmas song)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Great set list, great choice of songs, great set, great voice, greatness.

Love Chelsea Hotel. Now if only there can be a duet with Leonard Cohen (maybe a Christmas Holiday song

And Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Shades of Cool, Serial Killer, all of them old and new

Just wish she would one day due American (my favorite song of hers) here in America (that song reminds me of my President)

About one month to go for the first of three shows I am seeing .

And today is exactly one year since CT 5/8/2014, which IMHO was the best (and loudest fans in the place) concert I have seen since Elton at MSG in 1976 and Queen a couple of years later

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I can't believe this set list!

Thank goodness for this after such an arduous drought of nothing for Lana fans!

And she finally performed Why Don't You Do Right, a song made for her >.<

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Just to make sure I get this right ... no Ride, no Million Dollar Man, no Carmen, no Body Electric, no Young & Beautiful, no Old Money, NO NATIONAL ANTHEM. Cola was not the intro, she did Off To The Races and Brooklyn Baby PLUS YCBTB, Serial Killer, UATW, Chelsea Hotel and a short Jazh Cover. Is she sick or something?

Just to make sure I get this right ... no Ride, no Million Dollar Man, no Carmen, no Body Electric, no Young & Beautiful, no Old Money, NO NATIONAL ANTHEM. Cola was not the intro, she did Off To The Races and Brooklyn Baby PLUS YCBTB, Serial Killer, UATW, Chelsea Hotel and a short Jazh Cover. Is she sick or something?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Does anyone who attended this concert have any information on GA pit that wasn't Silver VIP?  Would i still be able to get front row if I was first in the non- Silver VIP GA line??

No. Gold VIP are numbered seats & rows. Not pit.