YUNGATA

Lana Del Rey at Golden Globe Awards 2015

I'm noooo expert in fashion and makeup and all that, but I'm not a big fan of her lips color ... I don't like the combo turquoise with that brown. The dress ... Well ... It's nice per se, I guess, kind of prom looking though imo. But she looks straight from an old Awards show ! And her hair is nice ! 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Lana's one of those people that looks great even with awful clothes on because her hair and makeup is always perfect. That dress isn't awful like but its not great, but she looks 'nice' overall because her hair and makeup is spot on as usual.

If she could fire who ever styles her and get someone else that would be great....

qsVmBMd.png

I hope.

She didn't go on TV at all in the UV era so this would not raise her spirits for sure

Well, but look. We need to leave this "OMG, she is so senstive" things go away. If you are a recording artist, if you are in the public eye, you should be able to deal with some things.

Other artists had to endure way worse on a daily basis, see Beyonce and the fake pregnancy rumours. Now that's a thing. To be on some worst dressed-lists is just nothing compared to that

Well, but look. We need to leave this "OMG, she is so senstive" things go away. If you are a recording artist, if you are in the public eye, you should be able to deal with some things.

Other artists had to endure way worse on a daily basis, see Beyonce and the fake pregnancy rumours. Now that's a thing. To be on some worst dressed-lists is just nothing compared to that

But she is sensitive!

I already had nightmares that Honeymoon will be too similar to BTD and the critics will drag her even more again and Lana will throw a hissy fit and then jumps off a cliff or something

I worry too much :heidi:

I think she looks great.

Much improved over the event she went with Courtney Love which was a mess.

I don't think she has a stylist anymore. Her BTD era red carpet was always on point. ( even her general promo appereance and stage outfit was ON POINT)

It started to go down hill after UV.

Personally, I think the dress looked very flattering on her. I love it. And her hair, goodness her hair..  :crying4: Simply stunning. 

I also cried when I saw that snapchat video, she's too cute.

ALSO:

tumblr_ni1cimGMBY1rz2bopo1_500.jpgtumblr_ni1zyzTh0n1r4lsbyo6_500.jpg

Lana vs. Miss Monroe - dress is from the same designer, William Travilla.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I don't think she has a stylist anymore. Her BTD era red carpet was always on point. ( even her general promo appereance and stage outfit was ON POINT)

It started to go down hill after UV.

In that case we need that stylist back because she looked great back then.

qsVmBMd.png

http://www.film-costumes.com/post/107876604554

"We usually don’t cover red carpet events, but this outfit was too interesting not to write about it.

Yesterday Lana Del Rey attended the Golden Globes 2015, where she was nominated for her Big Eyessong from the Tim Burton movie soundtrack. She stunned the audience wearing a vintage Travilla seafoam green dress, a dress I would have identified with my eyes closed. 

William Travilla designed most of the costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe in her films, including the infamous gold pleated dress, originally intended to appear in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953). In the movie you can see the dress from behind: it was considered too racy because of its plunging neckline, so it didn’t get a front shot.

By the way, Marilyn wore it at a photoshoot with Ed Clark and to receive an award from Photoplay Magazine, thus disappointing the costume designer, who thought the dress was for a movie, not for a public appearance. The dress was created out of a single complete circle of gold lame and sunburst pleated. Every pleat lines up with the back seam and there is an iron V build in the centre of the dress from the waist to the bust, creating the moulding effect.

This isn’t the only pleated evening dress Travilla designed, but it’s definitely the most famous."

thought this was interesting 

http://www.film-costumes.com/post/107876604554

"We usually don’t cover red carpet events, but this outfit was too interesting not to write about it.

Yesterday Lana Del Rey attended the Golden Globes 2015, where she was nominated for her Big Eyessong from the Tim Burton movie soundtrack. She stunned the audience wearing a vintage Travilla seafoam green dress, a dress I would have identified with my eyes closed. 

William Travilla designed most of the costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe in her films, including the infamous gold pleated dress, originally intended to appear in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953). In the movie you can see the dress from behind: it was considered too racy because of its plunging neckline, so it didn’t get a front shot.

By the way, Marilyn wore it at a photoshoot with Ed Clark and to receive an award from Photoplay Magazine, thus disappointing the costume designer, who thought the dress was for a movie, not for a public appearance. The dress was created out of a single complete circle of gold lame and sunburst pleated. Every pleat lines up with the back seam and there is an iron V build in the centre of the dress from the waist to the bust, creating the moulding effect.

This isn’t the only pleated evening dress Travilla designed, but it’s definitely the most famous."

thought this was interesting 

I like that Lana is probably paying homage to Marilyn Monroe.

qsVmBMd.png

yeah and I love the fact that the dress means something to her when she talks about it in this interview, im so glad she wore it

http://lanamusic.tumblr.com/post/107855393307/lana-del-rey-being-interviewed-by-e-tv-at-72nd

"Well ... I love drama"  :thumb3:  :omfg:  :omfg2:

She's so cute !  :flutter:

Her make up is weird because her foundation Is too white lol

but nonetheless she was beautiful 

I was thinking about that, maybe that's why the dress' color looks a bit off ? 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

hair and make up on point but the colour of that dress...no. maybe a wine red or black would have been more flattering on a fairer skin tone.

that ring tho

:icant2:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.