YUNGATA

Lana Del Rey at Golden Globe Awards 2015

Critics who put her into the worst-dressed list and compare her to the little mermaid and Lisa Marie Presley *without* mentioning the vintage Hollywood connection (and the Marilyn Monroe connection), look pretty bad (or like idiots), imo. So I wonder if that was one of her intended effects.

I love what she was going for in style, but I don't think it worked so well. The dress needed to be a different color and her hair would have looked much better in a Veronica Lake style. Ah well, she still looked pretty and happy.

I hope she gets nominated for the Oscars and really brings it, though.

I like the dress. I give it a 7.5/10. The color is audacious. You like it or you don't, it's a matter of personal preference, but there's no "ugly" color imo.

The pleating is beautiful. The fitting is not perfect, but that's ok. It's not meant to be form fitting, hence making her look more voluptuous (I love her curves!)

Problem is, if there's some flaws on the way pleats fall on her body, specially at the bust/waist, it's very visible because of the satin silk fabric that catches so much light. It may look a bit cheap. It's a capricious draping. I'm sure it looks better irl than photographs.

I so wish I could become her stylist... :flutter:

She's a beauty, but:

1. She's not pregnant...

2. She needs to fire Johnny Blueyes asap (her appearance at the Globes was subpar, to put it mildly)

3. She needs to let go this "I wore cheap looking clothes and shoes so that people will stop saying that I came from money” (they won't)

4. Let that Priscilla Presley impersonator shtick go (I love it but enough it's enough)

Now I'm sure that she needs an image refreshment overhaul for the new era because the whole 60-70's shtick gets tired. Lana is slowly getting uncool and what is baffling is that it seems that she is working hard on that.

This isn't just aimed at you and I'm not saying this forum should just be for delusional fangirls, I'm just responding but don't you think this is a bit of an overreaction?

Personally, I think she looks stunning, I mean I actually want to die right now, I get the dress is not to everyone's taste but she looks like a beautiful old Hollywood mermaid, it's her style and I'm glad she's stuck with the 60/70's look for red carpet events. Also, with the hair, it needed to be big to live up to the dress and I think this looks better than the massive bee hive she used to have, which was really Priscilla style.

I just don't get why such a large quantity of the fanbase has to dig at her weight so much. It's not pregnant, it's called healthy. She has beautiful curves, it's ridiculous that this can be considered too fat. 

Idk, just because she's famous doesn't mean she's not human - I thought the dress was gorgeous until I saw the comments (probably just my 0 fashion taste lol) so that probably means she'll be getting enough of a hard time off the media. The least we can do as fans is support her.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

I just don't get why such a large quantity of the fanbase has to dig at her weight so much. It's not pregnant, it's called healthy. She has beautiful curves, it's ridiculous that this can be considered too fat. 

Exactly People think Sam Smith is nastily obese when hes just chubby... like chill, there's a difference between fat and unhealthy obese  :biblio:

Also, I doubt people who say this have actually seen a huge person in real life

THIS I like men myself but all this talk about foundation and lipstick and a Veronica Lake hairstyle :biblio:

Veronica Lake had the most famous hair in old Hollywood. Lana gets compared to her all of the time! I'm not even close to a stereotypical geh and I love Veronica Lake. :P

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism of an outfit. I mean, look at all of the publications judging the best and worst of the night...we do it all of the time here. It's the fat-shaming in here that is ridiculous. 

Guys everything's a clue!!11! The dress and remember Lana said she's dying her hair red! Honeymoon is about The Little Mermaid!11! Ha Ariel era is coming Lana is a genius!!11!

:troll:

She gained weight. We all know this.

She's never been a curvaceous girl tho. Her weight gain started after the paradise tour.

It's really noticeable now that people started calling her preggers.

There I said it for all yall.

Regardless, I love the dress and her look. The only thing is that the make up make her look a bit "matured" old. Middle aged woman teas. Regardless, she looked very beautiful last night.

Luscious angel :oprah:

Only thing that seems off to me is that dark brown lipstick. It's not the most flattering colour for her and clashes with the dress.

Reminds me of the Paradise era though. I feel like she's warming up her glamour game again, maybe as a shift towards a new Honeymoon aestethic.

I like curvaceous women. For me Lana is one of the most beautiful women with all of the little imperfections of hers.But you have to be aware of your possibilities: if you gain in weight you have to adjust accordingly when you are selecting your outfits. When you're getting older (Lana is 30 this year) you have to be more careful with your looks, the "I don't give a fuck how I look" attitude isn't working for her anymore, she needs to be on point from now on. If you're not taking care of yourself you are going downhill quickly regarding your looks. Let's be real her looks plays a part in her appeal. I think that her attitude was changed during her relationship with Barrie: that guy had a negative influence on her in everything except in music.

You all do the absolute MOST  :biblio:

I think she looked great. I don't really know why everyone thinks the color is so bad, it's gorgeous... I also have no clue why she's worst dressed on so many sites. I swear some blogs are just out to get her, did anyone else see how absolutely tragic other people looked? Like wth?????????

REJPMf7.png

i don't think there's anything wrong with saying stuff like oh maybe she should've worn a different colour dress or did her hair differently bc that's just constructive criticism but when you're like she look like she so fat she look a whale she look like her pussy stank like.....that's just unfair.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1