SugarVenom

Ride Headdress Controversey

this is basically a Queen Of The Gas Station music video if u think about it. its filmed in a gas station and indian reservation

I immediately thought of this song too.

And Carmen

AND her GQ interview haha. If you put those 3 elements together, you have the ride video

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

I take such an issue with someone posting messages meant to be private for the world to see. Not only is it tacky, but it makes me question the girl's intentions.

Edit: Skimming through her tumblr, she doesn't even seem to understand why she should be upset, other than: "Hm, this looks offensive."

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

I take such an issue with someone posting messages meant to be private for the world to see. Not only is it tacky, but it makes me question the girl's intentions.

The girl wasn't a fan and obviously didn't expect Lana to reply. I think posting it wasn't too awful, as many others wanted an explanation, too.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

Edit: Skimming through her tumblr, she doesn't even seem to understand why she should be upset, other than: "Hm, this looks offensive."

EXACTLY, I was looking through her Tumblr and it seems as if she just jumped on the bandwagon of saying "This is bad because people say it's bad." - She even asked people what she should say as a response to Lana! Sad, sad. People can't even have a mind of their own.

this REALLY bothered me. She was talking about how she was getting into social justice and ~fighting~ for them lmao and asking everyone 'did I do okay?' and saying she didn't know much about it... At least get some education.. ugh.. the tumblr generation- We're Mad but we can't articulate why!

Oh and that lizzyandthephenomena tumblr is awful. They asked why it was offensive and I reblogged and told them. Then they posted a Native American's website talking about why stuff like that was bad with a caption "haters gonna hate" ..so dense

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I swear people find anything to hate on her!

It didn't even cross my mind that wearing that would be 'offensive' it's not like she threw it into the fire or anything!

It's my favourite scene though...i think...tbh, the whole video is just amazing!

mH07H.png

rolled my eyes @ "I share struggles w/ my friends" comment. And all of this just seems like bs excuse lol. But this is honestly not something I would care about irl, so I'm not going to act offended over the internet when I dont even care about it.

& I wont defend her either.

I knew those bored/pressed social justice majors on Twitter and Tumblr would go after her for wearing that. Most of them aren't even from the groups they claim to get offended on behalf of, which makes them super tiring IMO.

I'm glad she's able to defend herself by explaining that it has personal significance to her, but those types need to realize that individualized "culture" is dead in our globalized society and the future is just one big blender. All modern art is appropriation, especially in the post-internet age.

LanaLogo-e1328412462487.png

iamamiwhoami purity ring jessie ware grimes twin shadow

I knew those bored/pressed social justice majors on Twitter and Tumblr would go after her for wearing that. Most of them aren't even from the groups they claim to get offended on behalf of, which makes them super tiring IMO.

I'm glad she's able to defend herself by explaining that it has personal significance to her, but those types need to realize that individualized "culture" is dead in our globalized society and the future is just one big blender. All modern art is appropriation, especially in the post-internet age.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. Sure, America is a big melting pot but part of what makes it great is the individual cultures that inhabit it.

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

but those types need to realize that individualized "culture" is dead in our globalized society and the future is just one big blender. All modern art is appropriation, especially in the post-internet age.

But this is sad. Belonging to a small culture I refuse to be swallowed up by some global blender. Individuality is what makes different cultures so fascinating. I am not attacking Lana for wearing the headdress because I sincerely believe that she meant no offense but I can understand people wanting to keep some elements of their culture private. Maybe the melting is inevitable in the future but this doesn't mean that everybody has to calmly accept it.