Cashew

Poppy

Because she left her previous record label under which she was That Poppy and because of that rift she had to change the name to just Poppy. It's also why she posted the Computer Boy music video on her Youtube channel "Poppy" instead of her Vevo channel "ThatPoppy".

But I'm Poppy was released under the name That Poppy.

yeah it's time to unstan this album. "Let's Make A Video" is trash, we're never getting another Bubblebath.

Moriah has talent but its being wasted away with the YouTube shit which has become beyond boring and predictable and the songs are getting worse and worse.

...but then again that's probably the whole point, knowing Titanic. "up and coming talented star becomes slave to industry and puts out mediocre music" narrative.

te deseo, cariño

The new song is really bad :( It's a shame because she did make some nice pop music earlier on (especially her Moriah cover stuff and the first few songs as That Poppy, like "Everybody wants to be Poppy"). But the direction Titanic is taking here is not my cup of tea. Yes, probably it's supposed to sound that way (cheap and generic) but I don't want to listen to music like that!

It's actually not that bad. Reminds me of Chewing Gum.

Poppy should seriously work with Vocaloid producers at this point because this straight up sounds like a Hatsune Miku song. Isn't she like into Japanese pop culture? Plus she was in Japan too.

Like this type of sound is right up her alley and is what she would sound like with better production/melodies anyway.

This song especially sounds very Poppy lyrically :rip:

It's actually not that bad. Reminds me of Chewing Gum.

Poppy should seriously work with Vocaloid producers at this point because this straight up sounds like a Hatsune Miku song. Isn't she like into Japanese pop culture? Plus she was in Japan too.

Like this type of sound is right up her alley and is what she's trying to go for anyway with Computer Boy and whatnot

This would... surprisingly work. I doubt it would happen but there are some pretty good Vocaloid pop producers.

It just frustrates me that they chose this direction. The whole "parody of a pop star" thing. Unlike actual "generic" pop stars this is literally her choice, while the people she's parodying have their outputs controlled by the labels. It's so annoying to me that they can stop this act whenever they want and give us quality pop songs again.

There are like 7-8 new registered titles and they are all produced by Bubblebath producers :)

How recent is this because she's been dropped by labels a couple times including the one that released Bubblebath so wouldn't it be difficult/impossible for them to actually release these songs anymore? I'm not sure how it all works though so sorry if I sound really dumb lol

te deseo, cariño

They appeared less than a week ago

Hmm, guess my assumption is wrong. I know producers =/= labels but I sorta figured that without being part of the label the producers work for it'd be difficult to get the rights to the songs or something. I dunno. Clearly I'm uneducated, so that's my bad . :creep:

te deseo, cariño

@Harmonia exactly. it's not even satire at this point like it's literally what her sound is becoming :rip:

Why not work with the people that actually influence her. I can only see great things happening if Poppy worked with good Vocaloid producers.

Forget those other two songs I posted. This would be the quintessential Poppy song. The lyrics are literally her :rip:

The only concern I have is how Poppy would sound like bc she has a naturally deeper voice like on Bubblebath so idk how she'd fit in with true bubblegum pop.

yeah it's time to unstan this album. "Let's Make A Video" is trash, we're never getting another Bubblebath.

Moriah has talent but its being wasted away with the YouTube shit which has become beyond boring and predictable and the songs are getting worse and worse.

...but then again that's probably the whole point, knowing Titanic. "up and coming talented star becomes slave to industry and puts out mediocre music" narrative.

I'll be honest, her singing voice isn't even that amazing. Which is all the more reason to break away from this archetypical character that her and Titanic are playing out. It doesn't belong enough to her. She's definitely creative, and her voice is above average, but she's not distinctive enough to pull this off for long (and neither are Titanic's talents, honestly). 

I'll be honest, her singing voice isn't even that amazing. Which is all the more reason to break away from this archetypical character that her and Titanic are playing out. It doesn't belong enough to her. She's definitely creative, and her voice is above average, but she's not distinctive enough to pull this off for long (and neither are Titanic's talents, honestly). 

Yeah I agree her voice isn't the most stunning out there and the way she sings (and even speaks, in her videos) in a higher tone than her natural one doesn't help either. Her natural tone is so much more pleasing. I really dislike Titanic as a whole and I wish he'd fuck off lol, Moriah deserves better.

te deseo, cariño

so the new titles are:

Bleach Blonde - Poppy, Titanic Sinclair, Simon Wilcox

Interweb - Poppy, Titanic Sinclair, Simon Wilcox

My Style - Poppy, Titanic Sinclair, Simon Wilcox

Pop Music - Poppy, Titanic Sinclair, Simon Wilcox

Software Upgrade - Poppy, Titanic Sinclair, SImon Wilcox