Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Kathy Griffin talks about Lana in new book.

A while back, I think in a status update, someone posted a link to an article calling Lana Del Rey the Donald Trump of music, or something like that. I thought it was a ridiculous comparison. But they do share this in common: They are incredibly thin-skinned and have a bizarre compulsion to relitigate every slight in a way that diminishes them.

She defended a dress, in person :deadbanana: Like, compared to Azealia or Kanye....

A while back, I think in a status update, someone posted a link to an article calling Lana Del Rey the Donald Trump of music, or something like that. I thought it was a ridiculous comparison. But they do share this in common: They are incredibly thin-skinned and have a bizarre compulsion to relitigate every slight in a way that diminishes them.

Not that it relates to anything but here's a analogy test item based on that:

Lana Del Rey is to Donald Trump as:
    Female is to Male
    Young  is to Old
    Artist is to Business Man
    Art is to Artifice

remember you're supposed to pick the *best* one.

I don't remember LDR responding to her negative BTD reviews or SNL criticisms other than generally (as regards her mood). She did respond to the "wish I were dead" interview title thing, but that probably didn't hurt her, and being pissed off at interviewers for asking stupid question (e.g. Rollingstone?) is not too diminishing, imo. Trump, on the other hand has made a (surprisingly successful) career out of responding to criticism.

She defended a dress, in person :deadbanana: Like, compared to Azealia or Kanye....

Oh, no question Azealia and Kanye are multiple orders of magnitude worse. But having your outfit criticized by silly entertainment shows is just par for the course when you're a celebrity. I don't understand why she takes it so personally. And I dunno about you, but if I were sitting at a table with Kathy Griffin and Nancy Pelosi that's not a subject I'd bother with. I also think a lot of people here would look at this situation quite a bit differently if it didn't involve someone they stan.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Oh, no question Azealia and Kanye are multiple orders of magnitude worse. But having your outfit criticized by silly entertainment shows is just par for the course when you're a celebrity. I don't understand why she takes it so personally. And I dunno about you, but if I were sitting at a table with Kathy Griffin and Nancy Pelosi that's not a subject I'd bother with. I also think a lot of people here would look at this situation quite a bit differently if it didn't involve someone they stan.

This is assuming Kathy is relaying the story with any speck of truth, though. I don't have a doubt in my mind Lana would be cold towards her, because Lana does take criticism to heart, but I also have every doubt the situation went down anywhere near the story Kathy is spinning. Again, the details of the story changed astronomically just within the last year. It's bull.

Seeing as it's not at all deep and I'm sure Kathy is just compiling all the celebrity interactions she's had like the leech she is, no I don't think we would look at this differently. Celebrities talk to each other, they're sitting at a table chatting and who cares if Lana brought it up? In all likelihood she was lighthearted about it seeing how much obvious lying and fictionalizing there is in this excerpt and Kathy added it to her spank bank for later use and manipulation. Even if Lana was testy about it, as long as she wasn't going on a social media rant to Fashion Police and addressing Kathy Griffin personally, I don't see the over-sensitivity. Nancy Pelosi probably had nothing to do with it either seeing as she was absent from the last version of the story smfh

Several of you mention exaggeration or details changing, but the broad outlines, which most of you seem to implicitly accept in your posts as probably true, are consistent in this account and her telling on Seth Meyers (as is the mention of Nancy Pelosi): that Lana said something to her about her being put on the worst dressed list. And it's certainly in character for her. But honestly, you haven't made it in showbiz if you haven't been put on a worst dressed list. Lame to complain about such a tame gibe, especially to a comedian.

But this argument is boring me to death and I'm already dead. I gotta go pick up my kid.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Seeing as it's not at all deep and I'm sure Kathy is just compiling all the celebrity interactions she's had like the leech she is, no I don't think we would look at this differently. Celebrities talk to each other, they're sitting at a table chatting and who cares if Lana brought it up? In all likelihood she was lighthearted about it seeing how much obvious lying and fictionalizing there is in this excerpt and Kathy added it to her spank bank for later use and manipulation. Even if Lana was testy about it, as long as she wasn't going on a social media rant to Fashion Police and addressing Kathy Griffin personally, I don't see the over-sensitivity. Nancy Pelosi probably had nothing to do with it either seeing as she was absent from the last version of the story smfh

speaking of celebrity leeches, can we expect a Jamie King tell-all anytime soon? :beyonce:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey