Amadeus

Eurovision Song Contest

Not even 24 hours after winning, and the Dutch are already arguing who’s going to be paying for the event next year :toofunny: . Even the prime minister said he wouldn’t chip in with tax money. That is so Dutch lol

We're choosing our representative this Saturday and here's my favorite...

The other candidates are just boring ass ballads and then there's an uninspired, beyond generic party song that deserves zero listens and attention. I knew Erika before because she's pretty much the only candidate that's been around, not really because of her music but because of her relationship with a male artist who used to be big like 50 years ago so yeah she's in a relationship with a 77-year-old and she's 27 herself so obviously the tabloids have been feasting for years. She seems very down to earth though so I like her as a person but I've never been into her music - when I first heard this I thought it was corny and very, very bad but then it turned out to be a total earworm and an actual kind-of-a-bop even though some of the lyrics are still quite cringeworthy. ESC fans apparently love the song and it has over a million views which is a lot more than the other candidates so this bitch better win, I don't want Finland to participate with yet another ballad no one's going to remember after the performance or that stupid ass party song that I won't even link here.

She got the most televotes but because of the international jury she was ROBBED and this is the song and performance that will represent our country this year, literally the song during which you go grab something to eat from the fridge. The two were against each other in the end and the live audience literally kept shouting Erika's name only  :defeated:

She got the most televotes but because of the international jury she was ROBBED and this is the song and performance that will represent our country this year, literally the song during which you go grab something to eat from the fridge. The two were against each other in the end and the live audience literally kept shouting Erika's name only  defeated.png

all of the northern countries maybe minus iceland and maybe maayybe denmark deserve to stay in the semis (which we know they'll make it anyway but still..)

the meltdown that saturday was

anyway bulgaria is sending billie eilish

i76mrxw.png 

Ok, so I just watched the video Amadeus posted above from March 3rd and below are my thoughts lol.

Why did I hear Armenia's singer sing "I'mma put jeans on you!" when I read the song title (chains on you) just seconds before? :facepalm:

If Germany does well, I can imagine it being played on radio stations here and me getting tired of it after the third play on the same day.

I have no idea how Iceland will do, it will either do terribly or get lots of votes because they're kind of funny. There's no in between lol.

I did not expect Latvia to send substep lmao! Sounds too noisy to me...

And Serbia!! You do NOT pronounce the H in "hasta"! :facepalm:

It'll be interesting to see if Spain's singer will hit that high falsetto note live on stage. :creep:

A firework on Ukraine's guitar! :O

And like 'deus said, Bulgaria is really sending Billie Eilish lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

the fact this website doesn't let me edit my posts again so i can't add this iconic gif to the post above and delete the glitchy colour thing ... a nightmare

9.gif

anyway reminder to stream solovey 

i76mrxw.png