Amadeus

Eurovision Song Contest

There are usually 3 categories of songs at the ESC and that's really visible this year:

1. generic boring-ass edm-ish songs all sounding almost the same

2. generic ballads 

3. a few standouts, not so generic pop songs and ballads

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Meh...I'm super underwhelmed. I liked Australia, Belgium and Azerbaijan. Malta served vocals but I'm not in love with the song. Liked Ireland's stage effects and Macedonia's reflecting armor thingy. 

-Homeland of the Gods-

So happy for Lithuania and Belgium oh my god I feared that they wouldn't qualify... 

I think the first finalists are perfect even though I would've switched Norway with Croatia 

(I loved also Australia but it was obvious that they couldn't let them qualify cause it would have been weird to have the grand final with a live on tape performance) 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

45 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

My sister is rooting teeth and nails for Ukraine and I can't blame her, they slap

I can't take them seriously, all I think of is a flute boi holding a trance rave party in the woods :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I really like Ukraine's entry, I would even unironically stream their song:defeated: other bop entries off the top of my head are Cyprus (although I despise the pre-chorus) and Belgium 

I was a bit surprised by Croatia not qualifying and by Azerbaijan making it :noparty:

Anyways, I'm obviously biased here but I'm rooting for Måneskin and I also genuinely love Zitti e buoni :bebe: Looking forward to seeing how Serbia and Portugal will perform tomorrow night :w8ing:

It's so sad that Duncan was tested positive cause I was really expecting a good performance of Arcade, I hope het gets well and no one was infected 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

WE DID IT GAYS

Almost every song I liked from this semi-final made it to the finale. And most importantly, the magic of Eurovision Political Contest did its work and poland lost :kiss:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I honestly don't even know which country I'm rooting for but I do have to admit I feel a little underwhelmed. There's been some years when I've hoped for more pop women but this year there's just too many of them with their EDM drops and no actual singing during the "chorus" and their generic tracks get lost in the mass so easily. Not to mention they're all dressed up to look like the Beyoncé or J-Lo of whatever the country they're from which doesn't help out at all. But hey at least Finland stands out lol! Tick-Tock deserved a place in the final but I'm glad Greece made it. I watched some of Melodifestivalen and I rooted for Tusse and Voices back then, I'm willing to admit it's also somewhat generic but it might be the only song I'd listen to out of the ESC context (which I actually have). So idk.

Oh and I haven't heard the songs of UK, Spain, Germany, France or Netherlands because I'm saving them for the final tomorrow. Also I can't wait to get drunk on some sparkling wine... :icant: