Amadeus

Eurovision Song Contest

Okay so I liked Sweden the most because of that catchy chorus (been stuck in my head for the last couple of days) and I voted for him. Israel's okay, also liked Ukraine and Serbia (not that wannabe Bollywood vocalist chick tho, I got fed up with her 30 seconds into the song lol). When I watched the second semifinal I thought the Ukraine guy sang some bits in English and the rest in Ukrainian but lmaooo he really did sing the whole song in English, him needing an interpreter in the green room certainly didn't surprise me  :toofunny:

This was the first time Finland's national public broadcasting company YLE selected the artist to represent our country in ESC all by themselves. Usually artists are free to send their tracks etc., their songs go through a grinder so to speak and then it's up to the citizens to vote for their favorite in semifinals and the final. Usually the candidates are unfamiliar to the public as it's widely thought that no serious artists take part in the selection process or the actual ESC, since the careers of our representatives always flop big time. Saara's been in multiple talent/singing contest formats during the last decade (always coming second) and overall there's more of those who dislike her than those who do like her, she pretty much has the reputation of a tryhard. Her success in X Factor UK in 2016 gained her some support but that didn't really last too long.

I saw her live last year because the event was free and even though I admit she has some skills it was just plain boring. It's like she wants her performances to be technically perfect but she never performs with emotion. Apparently YLE selected her to represent us this time around because she was in talks of representing the UK instead. When I first heard Monsters I laughed at it and thought it was completely ridiculous but now I think it's okay since it's grown on me since. Besides Monsters she did two other tracks for ESC and we were able to vote those and their performances, Monsters gaining most of the votes even though the performance was a big ass mess and eventually they changed it completely. The final performance seen this week was better but to be honest coming second to last once again shows that she's mediocre at best.

I think it is a disgrace that Europeans prefer to ban Russia from the Olympics, for doing what they all do (doping)... and yet they allow one of the most murderous nations on the planet (you don't really want to hear who number one is) to participate in this event. Anybody heard of what is going on in Palestine? Typical double standards.

:facepalm:  :defeated:

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

So the Bulgarian Eurovision twink who finished second last year (and released a pretty amazing EP last month) followed me on Instagram LMAO. 

lmao is that the kpop wannabe boy?

So basically our national public broadcasting company YLE asked many, many, many artists to represent our country this year but they all said no so we'll be represented by Darude (Sandstorm) out of all people with this untalented actor-I've-never-seen-in-anything-apparently-turned-wannabe-musician doing the vocals. We'll vote the best one out of three different tracks just like we did with Saara Aalto last year, well the first two are already out and for crying out loud, they're so tragic, pathetic and outdated (the videos as well) like what. the. actual. FUCK. I'm absolutely mortified, I wish we could just choose Sandstorm tbh  :oprah2:

i kiid at the thought of the french delegation probably telling them to use the official video instead of the live performances because of bilal's tragic vocals 

australia going all in this year while 90% of the countries are sending some sort of mid-tempo ballad 

montenegro still being ... what it is

ukraine withdrawing from the contest when they had a top 5 song in their hands for absolutely no reason  :deadbanana:

latvia trying to come for the common linnets 

romania lowkey serving felony martinez but with vocal range

slovenia looking like they're 6 seconds away from a panic attack but somehow it works and i stan

spain having double the bpm than any other entry this year

uk having a song better than half of the other entries so far 

:deadbanana:

i76mrxw.png 

The guy who wrote UK's song is in the Swedish finals, he must be so proud of himself, I know I would. I'm not sure if he'll win though. And I, as usual, don't really like any of our outtakes this year either. Let's see if we send another cute boy again lol.

And it'll be fun to see how many of the songs will be written by Swedes. =P

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The guy who wrote UK's song is in the Swedish finals, he must be so proud of himself, I know I would. I'm not sure if he'll win though. And I, as usual, don't really like any of our outtakes this year either. Let's see if we send another cute boy again lol.

sis y'all need to send wiki or smth because no one is here for another swedish guy singing a pop song it'll literally just hit the final nail in the coffin 

sweden needs to rebrand asap and fast

even that malou clueless girl is better than sending another men for like the 6th time in a row

best case probably would have been a ballad or smth like habibi or that too late for love song

i76mrxw.png 

sis y'all need to send wiki or smth because no one is here for another swedish guy singing a pop song it'll literally just hit the final nail in the coffin 

sweden needs to rebrand asap and fast

even that malou clueless girl is better than sending another men for like the 6th time in a row

best case probably would have been a ballad or smth like habibi or that too late for love song

Omg I hate the habibi girls and their songs, it's just for kids anyway :toofunny: But yeah, I agree.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png