Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I actually quite liked Venice Bitch, just like I like many of her May Jailer era songs! They're really cute, and I listen to them pretty often. It's the hype I will never be able to understand. It's a bop, for sure, but it's no masterpiece. There's nothing exceptional about it. It doesn't stand out in any way besides the length. Like a pencil dick :pft:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I've always hated it, subjectively to me the production is dire and full of filler songs with trite lyricism and monotone vocal performances-especially when it tried to play up to a classic lana style it just verged on parody.

Also 13 beaches synth production in the chorus ruined the song

So you're one of the edgy everything but UV is shit stans is what you're saying

Girl let's not pretend 13 beaches and Heroin don't shit ALL over VB

They all shit on the same bush in the backyard while the party is going lit tumblr_inline_p5ju5xsEVc1sxckwd_500.gif Hope was not invited as expected

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

If she holds resentment towards her songs being leaked that she supposedly did not want out there, why does she draw attention to them by performing them (Serial Killer, Us Against The World, Paradise, Pawn Shop Blues for some fans, Hollywood on IG live, promising to do Wayamaya, etc) & saying she'll release an album full of them someday. She doesn't want them out there, but then she does? Ok.

Anyways I've never seen a team so mad at the idea of grabbing some easy cash from willing fans. If the album is delayed due to needing extra recording time why didn't Lana mention that vital piece of information weeks ago. The fact that she hasn't jumped in on this to say something while her managers act like children on Instagram (though her behavior in general hasn't been much better) proves she doesn't give one fuck about the disrespect she and her team put out there.

She can DM Spin Magazine and tell them to fuck themselves over a non-factor opinion regarding her boring answers in interviews but she can't tell Billboard & Elle Magazine to omit the rumored March release from their articles. I have to laugh. 

I never thought I would agree with you on somethig. Whew this era is truly something!

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I've always hated it, subjectively to me the production is dire and full of filler songs with trite lyricism and monotone vocal performances-especially when it tried to play up to a classic lana style it just verged on parody.

Also 13 beaches synth production in the chorus ruined the song

NFR era songs have been far more monotonous than anything on LFL. Not to mention the never-ending piano loop on almost every song this era.

Plus "shaking my ass" "two cats in da yard" "I got to thinking that I thought" "ice cream, ice queen" (basically the entirety of Venice's mumbo jumbo) & so on take the cake as far as parodies go 

& She barely sings anymore. It's always a whisper or a mumble. Rarely elongates any notes. 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Sometimes I wonder why everyone acts like Venice Bitch was a song that God made just because of the guitar solo. Like I'm sorry but "ice cream, ice queen, I dream in jeans and leather" is not some next level poetry. They're cute playful lyrics, but it's not out of this world my loves. Just cause something has a guitar solo or just because it's acoustic/has only real instruments in it, doesn't make it next level. You know once upon a time there was a thing called the 60s that had music exactly like this except it was better written and better overall :awkney:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Sometimes I wonder why everyone acts like Venice Bitch was a song that God made just because of the guitar solo. Like I'm sorry but "ice cream, ice queen, I dream in jeans and leather" is not some next level poetry. They're cute playful lyrics, but it's not out of this world my loves. Just cause something has a guitar solo or just because it's acoustic/has only real instruments in it, doesn't make it next level. You know once upon a time there was a thing called the 60s that had music exactly like this except it was better written and better overall :awkney:

VB isn't even fit to be a single.  :defeated: hopefully it'll be better live with the band

THANK YOU

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I'm somewhat conflicted with VB because there are days where I never feel like listening to it, but when I do, then it's SO good. But lyrically, it's not the best and I'll admit that. Production wise, it's very good but it's not THAT psychedelic or complex.

Still a bop tho. :hair:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm somewhat conflicted with VB because there are days where I never feel like listening to it, but when I do, then it's SO good. But lyrically, it's not the best and I'll admit that. Production wise, it's very good but it's not THAT psychedelic or complex.

Still a bop tho. :hair:

The level of taste and intelligence coming from this post, recognizing that Venice Bitch is great without over selling it. Future president mama!

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif