Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Okay but who here is ready to admit that Cherry is overrated + mediocre

I have to laugh when people say it’s one of her top songs

Please don't give me an aneurysm she Cherry is a highlight of LFL my love

I know the lyrics suck but the beat is so good to shake ya ass to

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Lana even addressed the hate BTD got at the time of its release in her Pitchfork interview during the LFL era. She literally admitted that she stripped down her music due to the criticism regarding BTD's production. Were u even a fan back then

Of course BTD was dragged at first, mainly due to Lana’s perceived inauthenticity. But it is being recognized as a good album by critics - as of the late two or theee years. Do you recognize the word “retrospective?”

Lol. UV has a 74 on metacritic, Honeymoon - 78.

UV was on more year-end critic lists than most albums that year.

Born to Die has received retrospective acclaim and is typically listed as one of the best albums of the decade.

And saying VB is easily digestable and GP-friendly is delusional af

Getting a C or a C- is not great, I'm not sure if you were around during those eras.. critics hated her and were pretty vile. 

Lana: fresh out of fucks foreva

LB members: FUCK ME UPPPPPPP WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS SO GOOD IOT4PREKWADG`PLFQWSLFD'RQW0`P I CANT BELIEVE IT OMG THIS SAVED THE WHOLE FUCKING YEAR OH WHAT?????? MARY????? YOU CAN SEE???? BUT YOU ARE BLIND SINCE BIRTH!!! OH NO, VENICE BITCH MADE MY BLIND SISTER SEE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!!! LANA MARRY JACK ANTONOFF CHALLENGE

Getting a C or a C- is not great, I'm not sure if you were around during those eras.. critics hated her and were pretty vile.

81 on MC is considered “universal acclaim.” It’s not comparable to a school grading system :rip:

I’ve been around since 2012. UV era, critics were vile towards her personally but recognized the music was good and I just cited the receipts. Stay delusional.

lmao the 3 people here with the sudden out of nowhere venice bitch hate :toofunny: good sis is comfortably one of if not the most acclaimed song by critics and fans alike anyway chhh i bet y'all stan Ugly Mustank or artists like malaria martinez or belly acheish or slayter or sumn

anyhows can we go back to the Ben slander i was njoying that

Mah gurl startin' get pissed cause she b talkin' like dis okurrr

No but seriously we all like Venice Bitch I'm just always dumbfounded when people got to put down LFL to make NFR look good like bitch let the music speak for itself, don't cheapen your opinion with hate, it just makes you look uncertain in how good your fave is and that you have to restore to low blows in order to get the response you'd like

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

the tea is she KNOWS she can put in no effort whatsoever into an era and we'd still buy it/stream it/make it a success.

Lana extorting money from poor gays? Looks like Hillsong taught her a thing or two.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Proved our point. I'll never forget how this forum voted for a 10 minutes long anticlimactic piece of shit as the best song ever released by Lana.

now that's actually a valid point. if you don't like that kind of music and were expecting catchier/poppier stuff, of course it wouldn't be your thing. personally i wish NFR were a collection of VB, Cruel World & Heroin type songs, but that's me.

Mah gurl startin' get pissed cause she b talkin' like dis okurrr

No but seriously we all like Venice Bitch I'm just always dumbfounded when people got to put down LFL to make NFR look good like bitch let the music speak for itself, don't cheapen your opinion with hate, it just makes you look uncertain in how good your fave is and that you have to restore to low blows in order to get the response you'd like

who did that though

personal opinion aside - you're 100% entitled to totally hate VB, who cares - the reasons you're using to explain/justify why you don't are just factually wrong, lol. VB wouldn't fit into Sirens any more than idk, Party Girl would fit on UV. just say you don't like long songs and/or psychedelia and go, lol.

I love long and/or psychedelic songs

I don't loves snoozefests with shit lyrics

I like how me disliking Venice suddenly means I hate the entire psychedelia genre consisting of thousands of songs

U speak of logic but are u flaunting it?

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

81 on MC is considered “universal acclaim.” It’s not comparable to a school grading system :rip:

I’ve been around since 2012. UV era, critics were vile towards her personally but recognized the music was good and I just cited the receipts. Stay delusional.

Plenty of reviewers panned her music calling it unoriginal and dull. I was there too, selective memory to fit your narrative?

Because they can't just do that, they've got to put down all of Lana's other songs, especially when it comes to LFL. It's been happening the past couple pages mama. So as long as our sisters keep preaching that LFL is the worst and that it smacked their kid in the face, Imma do the same :troll:

Well I just got here and what I saw was people using LFL to bring down VB, which well... to each their own. But it's not cute how you're always defending the singularity of people and how different we all are and how we're entitled to have different opinions and still tell people how they should feel about a song. Aren't you the one always telling people that art is subjective? It comes off as a little hypocritical tbh but hey if you think VB is awful and have a boring solo and all that I'm gonna respect your opinion.  :party:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I love long and/or psychedelic songs

I don't loves snoozefests with shit lyrics

I like how me disliking Venice suddenly means I hate the entire psychedelia genre consisting of thousands of songs

U speak of logic but are u flaunting it?