canela

Slayyyter

2 hours ago, slayyyngel said:

So the shop is back up, new things went up for sale, and sold out. She tweeted about this and the bankruptcy.

No mention of the people whose orders were made previously but still not sent out.

Wtf is going on I'm getting pissed. 

An email was sent out that they are working on sending out the orders.

She did mention it in her stories!

Well it took EIGHT MONTHS but I finally, finally, got my Slayyyter order!!!!!!!!!! Decided to display it like this with the Graffiti Records picture disc instead of the clear idk I feel like it kinda eats on my wall.

0VwIQtn.jpeg

I honestly don’t get the obsession with Lady Gaga… like the Fame Monster and Born This Way are masterpieces (ARTPOP is a mess but still has great songs too) but all her recent efforts are getting more boring and mid… Chromatica was a desperate way of capitalizing on her past self but failed miserably… she doesn’t even look like the same person AT ALL! 

All she does now is compliant about the music industry, take herself too seriously and try to sell herself as a Jazz singer/makeup artist, WTF! It’s like she has lost all interest in music once she got all the money and recognition 

I hope Slayyyter doesn’t follow her steps, and goes the Madonna route and reinvent herself. STARFUCKER was great but I don’t want her to do the same over and over again. I have faith in her vision tho 

52 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

All she does now is compliant about the music industry, take herself too seriously and try to sell herself as a Jazz singer/makeup artist, WTF! It’s like she has lost all interest in music once she got all the money and recognition 

I sorta agree with this but also I don't since I thoroughly enjoyed Chromatica and I feel like it's a bit of a return to form for pop Gaga. The 911 MV in particular feels like something Gaga would have produced during Artpop era. I don't think judging Chromatica for what it was vs her other pop albums is fair considering Covid fucked up all of her plans for it.

But at the same time, Gaga is a lot less exciting nowadays outside of her music endeavors. Movie Gaga and Businesswoman Gaga are so vanilla that it hurts to think she used to be the Judas girl. 

52 minutes ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

I sorta agree with this but also I don't since I thoroughly enjoyed Chromatica and I feel like it's a bit of a return to form for pop Gaga. The 911 MV in particular feels like something Gaga would have produced during Artpop era. I don't think judging Chromatica for what it was vs her other pop albums is fair considering Covid fucked up all of her plans for it.

But at the same time, Gaga is a lot less exciting nowadays outside of her music endeavors. Movie Gaga and Businesswoman Gaga are so vanilla that it hurts to think she used to be the Judas girl. 

I think with Chromatica she TRIED to come back to her eccentric roots but failed miserably… the production is so H&M it hurts and the lyrics are real bad… I can only see a little bit of old Gaga in Babylon… the rest is so in the nose! Gaga used to have strange lyrics and metaphors like Teeth, Government Hooker or Bloody Mary.

now instead we get lyrics like “My name isn’t Alice, but I still keep looking for Wonderland” or “My biggest enemy is me, Pop a 911” or “the scars on my mind are on replay” or Fun Tonight as a whole. So cringe 😬 

she’s relying so much on “trauma” and not even on an artistic way like she did on ARTPOP. Swine, Dope and Gypsy are great examples of this… it’s like a watered down Gaga! I think even Joanne is superior to Chromatica, at least it’s not selling “weird alien aesthetic” to deliver Ava Max songs.

Trying to rely on features like Ariana, Blackpink or Elthon John is also proof of the tryhardness of it all. It’s givin industry plant 

She has criticized Madonna several times, but the thing is, Madonna has never settled down in her career, specially not so early on… she’s still pushing the boundaries to this day (even if Madame X isn’t my favorite)… im not saying Gaga is not an icon, she has delivered 3 perfect pop albums in a row, and inspired artists like Slayyyter. Im just hoping they don’t fall flat like her and get lazy.

When Slayyyter said she was obsessed with Chromatica I was afraid for the album, but it still turned out good 

Gaga was the definition of pop culture. Until she wasn't.

Like, its just that simple.

Even if she tries to serve cutting edge like the Chromatica visuals she just isnt that person anymore and thats why the music on the album in general flopped. The remix album is literally how the music should have sounded in the first place. She has lost touch with the cutting edge. She is older now but ultimately she lost focus on what was hot in fashion, music, technology which was the core of Gaga's not just personality but her art.

10 hours ago, slayyyngel said:

Gaga was the definition of pop culture. Until she wasn't.

Like, its just that simple.

Even if she tries to serve cutting edge like the Chromatica visuals she just isnt that person anymore and thats why the music on the album in general flopped. The remix album is literally how the music should have sounded in the first place. She has lost touch with the cutting edge. She is older now but ultimately she lost focus on what was hot in fashion, music, technology which was the core of Gaga's not just personality but her art.

So true

im just hopping it doesn’t become a pattern for new artists… so many other artists have lost all their edge and personality like Xtina or Shakira… 

Slayyyter may be the only one currently saving the pop industry :worship:

Interesting tidbits from her tumblr asks...

• Mixtape anniversary / vinyl repress this year, new album is scheduled for next year. She mentioned adding additional songs to the vinyl. She said "one of" hello kitty, i’m high, platform shoes will be on it. "Might do" new songs as well.
  • New album is not "Mixtape 2.0":

i dont wanna say too much bc im in early stages still. itll beeee new territory for me but still really me. i feel like one thing that sets me apart from a lot of pop is like my bits of angst and rage. self destruct, james dean, etc. ... im really tapping into my deepest feelings lyrically i think. no characters no dramatized versions of things. im like screaming about wanting to die on some songs, making really smooth melancholic dance songs here and there. its feels more mature i feel like im getting better and better. it might be my last project as a slayyyter but i feel like im a wacko for saying that lately and will probably change my mind ahaha. but i want to treat it like it will be the last album i will ever make, to make it the best it can be.

• Troubled Paradise likely not being repressed. She says she wants to reshoot the album cover before ever repressing it but its too expensive at the moment.
  • Attention leak from Starfucker sessions is being reworked for S4. Saying it will be more "sad" in sound.
  • "Wants to release 2 or 3 unreleased Starfucker scrapped songs" including Love To Make and Tommy, "maybe before Mixtape rerelease "later this year".

Happy to hear we’re getting Attention reworked, it has a lot of potential! :crossed: I guess she cleared the Tommy sample after all, it’s a win! At least it’s not the Ava Max coded Heartbreak On Stereo. She should also give Heartbeat Away, Emotional or Psycho Lover a chance, they are crazy good 

Also… im hoping to hear some more Tear Me Open, Serial Killer or Talk To Me from her in the next project! She does weird alt pop so well and hopefully she isn’t discouraged from doing it since all the praise she gets it’s mostly from rap / angry songs. Don’t get me wrong, I love them but I kinda like her pop / melodic sound a little more :defeated:

songs over 3:40 / 4:00 minutes are appreciated too (still not over Troubled Paradise)! Im saying all this keeping in mind she casually reads fan forums, hi Cathy! :sass:

I am excited to see what she has planned. She seems to be giving the best of both worlds with this release plan.

A few new things for people who are mixtape fans and moving forward as well. I personally dont think she needs to keep making music like Starfucker sound unless she wants to. She kind of did it in a perfect way that nothing else in that lane is left unsaid. Fans can always keep the leaks and be happy with the b-sides she releases, if she does. (Please Heartbeat Away, Cathy...)

The only thing I'm still holding out hope for is she mentioned on a live possibly reworking Dangerous. I really, really hope that gets released one day.

I would hate to think after S4 she stops making music. I hope if anything its just her contract with her label is up and/or she might 'rebrand' or something.

She is just so in tune with pop culture she does things in a way that is missing with a lot of the other girls in the music industry right now. 

She seems like shes really in a depressed state and devaluing herself, her talent, and her worth lately. Snap out of it Cathy!!!!!