ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

lol just ignore them, it doesn't matter. just don't do the same thing to taylor swift, it's not her fault

or i'll go ክፉ ቃል የሚናገሩ እጅግ ይሰቃያሉ ፡፡  በቅርቡ ይጠፋሉ የሚለውን እውነታ መቀበል ብልህነት ነው ፡፡  በፍርድ ላይ ዐረፍተ ነገር አፍርተሃል ፡፡  ንስሐ መግባት ይፈልጋሉ ግን በጣም ዘግይቷል። 

Some of these critics deserve to be put down wtf. I haaate reviewers and articles that cannot let go of the 2011 ideas about her. Time's moved on old men.

exactly. as a critic it's their job to be unbiased and focus on the music. 

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

People should really email Metacritic about the Telegraph review...they've taken off misogynist reviews before.

The real bias is the Alexis Guardian review, though. If someone sent the screen shots of Lana mentioning him and the infamous 2014 interview, they would take it off for bias. 

They removed LFL's highest score for "bias" but never explained why.

Stupid question: someone said in this topic that Meaghan Garvey will review the album for Pitchfork. Are there some proofs? Or just your speculations?

I asked her about NFR review and she responded „You know I got you”.

giphy.gif

Yeah, but she already wrote this (great) piece for Billboard: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8527901/lana-del-rey-billboard-cover-story-2019

Hope you're right, 'cause if it's her the score will be very high this time.

The score is decided by the editorial team as a whole, so it's still up in the air a bit! Sometimes they publish reviews where the writing and the score barely match  :deadbanana:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

The score is decided by the editorial team as a whole, so it's still up in the air a bit! Sometimes they publish reviews where the writing and the score barely match  :deadbanana:

I know that, but i've read many enthusiastic opinions by p4k's team on Twitter. Hope still a dangerous thing, btw.

About the Guardian review: I'm sending an e-mail claiming the review was highly mysoginist and the guy's judgment was clouded by his own bias regarding Lana's history with the publication, and I encourage y'all to do the same. The email is editorial@metacritic.com

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

About the Guardian review: I'm sending an e-mail claiming the review was highly mysoginist and the guy's judgment was clouded by his own bias regarding Lana's history with the publication, and I encourage y'all to do the same. The email is editorial@metacritic.com

Don't forget to send the screenshot. 

lana.jpg

paste it so i could send it

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

Don’t copy and paste the same message - they’ll ignore it

Yes, they will see it as spam. But essentially I wrote that his review was clouded by his own bias regarding Lana because of that interview and that his views about women in general tend to be very mysoginistic and usually his reviews carry a mysoginistic tone (even cited Taylor, Lizzo and Bey as examples).

def no c&p, if anything it will help our case if we just send a few sentences where we look like normal vaguely offended people and not stans who've dissected and critiqued every line :judgingu3:

don't use your stan email address + make sure your real one can't be linked back to twitter, instagram, facebook, or lanaboards :judgingu3: if they see one mention of cinnamon girl…... the whole operation is foiled

send a few sentences where we look like normal vaguely offended people and not stans who've dissected and critiqued every line :judgingu3:

The problem is: english it's not my first language + i have adhd so I always have the need to make myself come across as clear as I can, which resulted in a three paragraphs e-mail about how mysoginist and disrespectful the guy was   :judgingu3:

this alexis guy is a fucking asshole though. he tends to score garbage male singers higher than any woman AND he gave high as hope a 3/5! the AUDACITY

He and his fragile male ego must have felt threatened listening to NFR (song).