princessdollie

Ethel Cain

Hi everyone! I am currently administering the Ethel Cain (https://daughtersofcain.fandom.com/) wiki and some users have asked to remove pages/references to previous Hayden's releases under the alias White Silas (EPs / full-length projects). No matter how hard you try, you still can't keep quiet about this when talking about tracks that were originally recorded in White Silas era and re-released in the Ethel Cain, but you can not talk about the names of the projects (EPs / full-length projects).

I would like to ask you how necessary it is to remove information about these releases? As for me, this provides only text information without sharing any audio files, which simply allows you to learn about the time periods of Hayden's music recording. For example, Genius still has all these releases and they're not removed.

What do you think about it?

11 minutes ago, Kid Krow said:

Hi everyone! I am currently administering the Ethel Cain (https://daughtersofcain.fandom.com/) wiki and some users have asked to remove pages/references to previous Hayden's releases under the alias White Silas (EPs / full-length projects). No matter how hard you try, you still can't keep quiet about this when talking about tracks that were originally recorded in White Silas era and re-released in the Ethel Cain, but you can not talk about the names of the projects (EPs / full-length projects).

I would like to ask you how necessary it is to remove information about these releases? As for me, this provides only text information without sharing any audio files, which simply allows you to learn about the time periods of Hayden's music recording. For example, Genius still has all these releases and they're not removed.

As long as it's only text information, I wouldn't remove anything. I really want to be able to know all of the background for her discography

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

17 minutes ago, Kid Krow said:

I believe they should be acknowledged and have their own pages. This music was publicly released and even if it doesn't fit the current 'Ethel Cain' persona or artistic vision, it's still part of Hayden (the person)'s discography and history. We need to end media censorship. Even if they're blacklisted from a Wiki site, they'll still be on the internet, so I don't see a point.

Also I know I was speaking negatively about Ethel a few pages back, but for clarification, this does not correlate. IMO, Wiki sites should be informative and truly archival, and I feel the same way about every artist — if you're censoring the mere mention or acknowledgment of an artist's work for whatever reason, it's a sham to me, and not a real 'Wiki'. Like Poppy's Wiki sucks for blacklisting her unreleased music. 

♱ 𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕠𝕟 𝕒 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞, 𝕤𝕚𝕗𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕖 ♱

12 hours ago, Ethel Cain said:

Not to seem gatekeepy or whatever but I really hope this album is less conventional than PD so that the “can i go to ethel cain HOUSE 💜” mfers can LEAVE :aubrey:

the new project could turn out to be ambient and people would still beg for another pop song i do wanna hear football in full tho

3 hours ago, Kid Krow said:

Lanapedia has also information about May Jailer and Lizzy Grant eras, so I would keep it.

17 hours ago, Ethel Cain said:

Not to seem gatekeepy or whatever but I really hope this album is less conventional than PD so that the “can i go to ethel cain HOUSE 💜 mfers can LEAVE :aubrey:

sometimes, very few times, gatekeeping may be necessary and this may be one of those times :bye3:

6 hours ago, Kid Krow said:

The way i view it, if people have a place to learn about these previous eras then maybe they’d be less likely to go looking for this music in secret. The whole hush hush approach doesn’t help and only makes people wanna learn about this stuff more. 

Another issue brought by the hush hush approach is that now some people are finding old white silas songs and because they dont know what the line between White Silas songs and Ethel Cain songs is, they reupload these tracks on soundcloud and youtube under the name Ethel Cain 

1 hour ago, Zodiac Dancer said:

sometimes, very few times, gatekeeping may be necessary and this may be one of those times :bye3:

so real. 

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

On Tumblr someone asked Hayden "what track no. are you most excited for us to hear" and she replied "eight".

So with that I'm assuming this next project will have at least eight tracks (for those who don't know this next project isn't part of the Ethel Cain story if that makes sense). I don't think it'll be released this year, maybe next year.

4 minutes ago, sublimedreamersublime said:

On Tumblr someone asked Hayden "what track no. are you most excited for us to hear" and she replied "eight".

So with that I'm assuming this next project will have at least eight tracks (for those who don't know this next project isn't part of the Ethel Cain story if that makes sense). I don't think it'll be released this year, maybe next year.

i think next year 100% but maybe we get a single before the year ends

ezgif-1-a47a14664a.webp

lyricz.png

On 10/9/2024 at 3:35 PM, Zodiac Dancer said:

The way i view it, if people have a place to learn about these previous eras then maybe they’d be less likely to go looking for this music in secret. The whole hush hush approach doesn’t help and only makes people wanna learn about this stuff more. 

Another issue brought by the hush hush approach is that now some people are finding old white silas songs and because they dont know what the line between White Silas songs and Ethel Cain songs is, they reupload these tracks on soundcloud and youtube under the name Ethel Cain 

I agree but the thing is that it's an Ethel Cain wiki and not a Hayden Anhedonia wiki. shouldn't an Ethel Cain wiki be dedicated more to the Ethel Cain world and storyline, rather than previous musical projects that have nothing to do with it besides the fact that they were made by the same person? it's not like Lana where it's all the same musical project but under different names, like Ethel Cain is a character and not just a musical alias. like a "projects of Hayden Anhedonia" wiki would make sense to include info from all eras but an Ethel Cain wiki .. not so much 

16 hours ago, Ethel Cain said:

I made up that title it's not real lmaoo :hillary: but yeah that song sounds good 

i know JFSJDJ it fits tho!

15 hours ago, sheepie said:

I agree but the thing is that it's an Ethel Cain wiki and not a Hayden Anhedonia wiki. shouldn't an Ethel Cain wiki be dedicated more to the Ethel Cain world and storyline, rather than previous musical projects that have nothing to do with it besides the fact that they were made by the same person? it's not like Lana where it's all the same musical project but under different names, like Ethel Cain is a character and not just a musical alias. like a "projects of Hayden Anhedonia" wiki would make sense to include info from all eras but an Ethel Cain wiki .. not so much 

i agree with this on paper but i think it would be too messy, plus it's not like most ppl will actively divide things based on whether they relate to Ethel the character or not. White Silas is the previous and obviously biggest one but she has many names and side projects, I think it's easier to name them once and then just refer to them as Ethel music the same way I wouldn't talk about AKA as a Lizzy album, just an older Lana one yk

16 hours ago, sheepie said:

ethel cain is a chacter but ALSO hayden's artist name. golden age, carpet bed and inbred are all personal projects not related to the ethel cain character story but are all released under the ethel cain name. so this argument doesnt make a lot of sense and definitely is not the best way to manage a wiki about an artist