TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

49 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Actually she is amazing live. One of the best live vocals I’ve heard and I’ve been to a lot of concerts. Sure it’s a mess and say what you want but she puts on a show that kind of puts everyone in a trance and want to root for her. Everyone leaves her shows talking about how amazing it was despite the issues. I think that says a lot 

yeah no, after ten fucking years i'd be more than disappointed with a low quality live album rather than a full studio album 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

hi bitchesssss i got logged out lmfao... so like.. pretty dull 2023 live we're out of the slumps almost

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

Emerging from the shadows for a moment to say that I am genuinely very curious if we’ll be hearing anything from her after this tour… If she actually did part ways with Capitol, it’s very, very likely that everything she’s recorded while under them belongs only to them (even if she funded it herself). I know that’s what happened to Zella Day in 2019, and she had to remake 3 years of music so she could release the same songs under her new label. If Sky is not with Capitol anymore there’s a high possibility that whatever exists of Masochism up until this point is off the table—perhaps her and the label are both refusing to make any statements because they’re in a legal dispute now and she’s trying to get her songs back from them. At least the tour might cover her legal fees if anything of the sort is happening behind the scenes lol

3 hours ago, Deleted Member said:

Emerging from the shadows for a moment to say that I am genuinely very curious if we’ll be hearing anything from her after this tour… If she actually did part ways with Capitol, it’s very, very likely that everything she’s recorded while under them belongs only to them (even if she funded it herself). I know that’s what happened to Zella Day in 2019, and she had to remake 3 years of music so she could release the same songs under her new label. If Sky is not with Capitol anymore there’s a high possibility that whatever exists of Masochism up until this point is off the table—perhaps her and the label are both refusing to make any statements because they’re in a legal dispute now and she’s trying to get her songs back from them. At least the tour might cover her legal fees if anything of the sort is happening behind the scenes lol

omg if this is true someone get into capitol records files

and i don't seem to mind

now that it's been said...

after the 5th show or something she simply stopped singing the unreleased songs, she's only performing the ones officially released and voices carry+hands all over me...:illumarina:

i think it's actually over:eartha2:

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

Sky's amazing live and anyone who complains about her being late is saying that bc she doesn't have an opener. 9:30 is usually when half my faves get on stage anyway, and she kept going even tho her voice was giving out. And the audience was super chill too.

45 minutes ago, Wayamaya said:

Sky's amazing live and anyone who complains about her being late is saying that bc she doesn't have an opener. 9:30 is usually when half my faves get on stage anyway, and she kept going even tho her voice was giving out. And the audience was super chill too.

She’s late which means late which means lazy 

maybe if she doesn't own her unreleased anymore meaning she'll probably scrap masochism... she'll make a new album concept we'll FINALLY get

and i don't seem to mind

On 12/9/2023 at 9:08 PM, Deleted Member said:

Adding onto this—I’m pretty sure this is what’s happening to Bonnie McKee as well? I don’t know much about her, but I do know she had label issues and is now re-recording a handful of songs of hers that were made under her old deal, shelved by them, and eventually leaked, and I’m assuming she has to be re-recording for a reason instead of just releasing what she already finished/the masters recorded under her old label. Not sure how all of it works exactly and every contract is different but Sky possibly being dropped could actually be the worst thing that could happen for her at this point considering how much of a perfectionist she is and how much she has already made. If this is the case it’s either start at ground zero and make Masochism (Sky’s Version), scrap Masochism and begin the process of creating a whole new album, or give up after being beaten down by the industry over and over again. If I were in her shoes I would probably give up. We’ll see what happens, hopefully both sides will stop being so vague or someone will be ballsy enough to ask her about it at a show if given the opportunity

Edit- okay I just read a bit more about Bonnie McKee and yes, she originally tried to buy the rights back to the songs she made under her old label but was never able to, which is why she’s re-recording. Mind you they were unreleased songs too, just like Sky’s and she still couldn’t get them back to put out officially after she parted ways with them. Yikes

2 hours ago, Deleted Member said:

Adding onto this—I’m pretty sure this is what’s happening to Bonnie McGee as well? I don’t know much about her, but I do know she had label issues and is now re-recording a handful of songs of hers that were made under her old deal, shelved by them, and eventually leaked, and I’m assuming she has to be re-recording for a reason instead of just releasing what she already finished/the masters recorded under her old label. Not sure how all of it works exactly and every contract is different but Sky possibly being dropped could actually be the worst thing that could happen for her at this point considering how much of a perfectionist she is and how much she has already made. If this is the case it’s either start at ground zero and make Masochism (Sky’s Version), scrap Masochism and begin the process of creating a whole new album, or give up after being beaten down by the industry over and over again. If I were in her shoes I would probably give up. We’ll see what happens, hopefully both sides will stop being so vague or someone will be ballsy enough to ask her about it at a show if given the opportunity

Edit- okay I just read a bit more about Bonnie McGee and yes, she originally tried to buy the rights back to the songs she made under her old label but was never able to, which is why she’s re-recording. Mind you they were unreleased songs too, just like Sky’s and she still couldn’t get them back to put out officially after she parted ways with them. Yikes

If she really got dropped, she's def never releasing anything new and gonna tour NTMT for the next 10 years just like she's already doing :true:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

not saying this is good or anything but i hope she re-record don't forget and do it right this time:xgiggle: at least with a little bit more emotion in her voice or depth in the mixing

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

she's been cutting pretty dull guardian and amld, but she played innocent kind tonight. i think it's not an issue of not wanting to play the unreleased stuff it's an issue of she is always late so has to shorten the setlist

12 minutes ago, imbennett said:

she's been cutting pretty dull guardian and amld, but she played innocent kind tonight. i think it's not an issue of not wanting to play the unreleased stuff it's an issue of she is always late so has to shorten the setlist

that & she’s probably more confident performing her released songs… I mean.. she’s had a decade to practice. :eartha:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: