TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

1 minute ago, stwzrd said:

What if this is a single cover? Her website shows this image on a mobile device but when I checked it on a laptop it was a gif from the announcement video

I hope not. I need a cover where she is giving face. Maybe the cover will be from the music video, once they film. 

Don’t make me get dark on you, baby

I’ll go dark… 
˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

tbh i think the version of voices carry she put out cant be topped, theres something super grungey and raw about it that i think adding synths would take away from that or make it cheesy sounding

Spoiler

but atleast enable downloads maam :trisha:

16 minutes ago, backseat said:

does anyone else have a feeling that sky wasn’t planning on saying anything last month and then she started getting all of the hate was like “we need to come up with something real quick” and put the teaser together super last minute to avoid the backlash she would’ve gotten? idk i especially feel like that because the aesthetic is so different from what has been of the masochism “era” so far, DL and most of the photoshoots from the last few years were going down a completely different visual direction haha i was NOT expecting the sudden 80s new-wave thing in the trailer. i wonder what the music video is gonna look like

the Masochism shoots have been entirely 80s/90s themed and so was the teaser

negAbhB.png

i saw someone complaining about how she’s gonna be doing this 80s sound and they’re disappointed because it’s overdone

meanwhile her music has always been influenced by the 80s/90s in some way it’s literally her entire aesthetic 

negAbhB.png

I mean I understand there’s an exhaust of 80s synthpop albums but if anyone excels at that sound we know it’s Sky. Even All My Lovers Die sounds a bit like a Madonna/Sade power ballad, from what little we’ve heard I think she’s evolved from the sometimes juvenile sound of NTMT.

Just now, vitriolkisses said:

I mean I understand there’s an exhaust of 80s synthpop albums but if anyone excels at that sound we know it’s Sky. Even All My Lovers Die sounds a bit like a Madonna/Sade power ballad, from what little we’ve heard I think she’s evolved from the sometimes juvenile sound of NTMT.

exactly.

Especially when Legends exists, that single-handedly shows she’s gonna own this 80s synth pop revival

negAbhB.png

With Sky’s attention to detail in production… I believe it will be nothing like we’ve heard so far in the current day mainstream 80s revival. Even the announcement looks like as if it was taken off the VHS. Not like most of popular works of other pop artists when it’s inspired by the visual concept of it and then similar design applied using modern software.

1 minute ago, stwzrd said:

With Sky’s attention to detail in production… I believe it will be nothing like we’ve heard so far in the current day mainstream 80s revival. Even the announcement looks like as if it was taken off the VHS. Not like most of popular works of other pop artists when it’s inspired by the visual concept of it and then similar design applied using modern software.

say what you want about Sky (except for what Eclipse says, that shit is kinda weird no offense)

if there’s ONE thing Sky is gonna get right, it’s her visuals

negAbhB.png

4 minutes ago, stwzrd said:

I agree with this, I’m expecting her to pull inspiration from more “obscure” references and figureheads of that time in music, Don’t Forget snippets have always reminded me a bit of The Cure. Her producer Jorge Elbrecht is also the shit, we’re in good hands. I don’t think they’ll use the same rinsed generic sound we’ve been hearing for a while now, Sky knows she has to show something ambitious for the years she’s been away.

7 minutes ago, EmptyPromises said:

I'm remembering that pic of her atop a car in a blue swimsuit looking pretty 80s too

Hide contents
  Hide contents

:sky:. She was before her time !!!!

it’s a shame we don’t have it in HQ!!!!

negAbhB.png

3 hours ago, backseat said:

does anyone else have a feeling that sky wasn’t planning on saying anything last month and then she started getting all of the hate was like “we need to come up with something real quick” and put the teaser together super last minute to avoid the backlash she would’ve gotten? idk i especially feel like that because the aesthetic is so different from what has been of the masochism “era” so far, DL and most of the photoshoots from the last few years were going down a completely different visual direction haha i was NOT expecting the sudden 80s new-wave thing in the trailer. i wonder what the music video is gonna look like

Yes. And I firmly believe in this because of the previous story she posted about wrath and death threats till April which right after the announcement, she deleted it. But this teaser was such a good thing because as you all could see, there are a lot of people WAITING ON HER.

Spoiler

Not saying that this was because of me, but 

I also DM'ed her that I didn't think it was fair to wait another whole month for an announcement, she could've at least put it to Pre-save/pre-order. Or say something because we've been waiting the whole March.