missamericatrash

Pam & Tommy

Anyone else watching? Any thoughts yet?

I'm rly enjoying it! But also, there is that level of frustration, bc it is a period piece (90s babies feeling so old), of Pam being slut shamed (so far). When in retrospect, it's super iconic!

It loosely reminded me of Lana, bc of her Guns n Roses references: Mötley Crüe is the same genre of jock rock. 

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

my mom is watching it and she texts me about each episode :xgiggle:

i haven't watched it personally though

Haha I knew I was gonna gonna feel old when I made this thread (only almost 30). 

Watch if you get a chance! :agree:

I echo Courtney Love's statement on the show: it's disgusting and should have never been made. I also find it interesting that Hollywood (hand maidens to CIA and DOD) decides once people have started to forget about the tape (which was a gross violation which she didn't even profit off of) and she's become an advocate for journalistic freedom (Assange a hero journalist being persecuted by dems and reps for exposing american war crimes (aka real journalism which knumbskulls like CNN wouldn't know a fucking thing about those disgraceful corporate slaves, as one example) and the animals. Interesting. They even had a super hero playing actor (the biggest source of military propoganda in the current age) play Tommy Lee. Hmm. As Courtney Love said "Shame on Lily James whoever the fuck she is"

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 minutes ago, Leader of The Pack said:

I echo Courtney Love's statement on the show: it's disgusting and should have never been made. I also find it interesting that Hollywood (hand maidens to CIA and DOD) decides once people have started to forget about the tape (which was a gross violation which she didn't even profit off of) and she's become an advocate for journalistic freedom (Assange a hero journalist being persecuted by dems and reps for exposing american war crimes (aka real journalism which knumbskulls like CNN wouldn't know a fucking thing about those disgraceful corporate slaves, as one example) and the animals. Interesting. They even had a super hero playing actor (the biggest source of military propoganda in the current age) play Tommy Lee. Hmm. As Courtney Love said "Shame on Lily James whoever the fuck she is"

That said I don't care if people watch it. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism. If it's entertainment watch it  just some food for thought

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1 minute ago, Leader of The Pack said:

(I am a huge Love fan)I am unfamiliar about the consent, in regards to the storyline of the show. I understand what you are saying, Pam was done dirty, but the show actually infuriates me, in regards to the distribution of the tape, and so far the lack of consequence. And in a way makes me feel like it was important to share in this time, where we are less judgemental/shaming, so she in a way gets justice? Cause im pissed for her. 

But at the same time, people have the right to privacy etc. Absolutely what was done to her was incredibly wrong, and in this day, would have gone to court (not sure if it goes to court yet, dont spoil if u know the history lol).  

I'm watching it and I was rooting for the construction worker guy to steal their shit but I wish he returned the tape in some way, like throwing it over the fence lol. 

When I asked my mom or anyone living in that period everyone remembers her as a hot actress from Baywatch, not as a slut. So basically everyone forgot about it. 

I heard that consent is never needed in series, not even in docs. Unfortunately, It's unethical but nothing illegal. I wish Courtney Love would shut the fuck up since she inserts herself in other women's scandals and either bashes them for no reason or acts like their guardian angel. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif