Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

2 minutes ago, ihrtldr said:

im trying my hardest to just ignore everything whilst still spreading awareness bc i cant deal w the anxiety of a war right now

please take a break from the internet for an hour or two, if you're not directly affected by this then PLEASE dont let the news trigger it too much

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

can we all just take the time to appreciate @The Siren for keeping us up to date on any news & updates? :kiss2:

thanks luv :cryney2:

i hate seeing these things happen, i just want to be informed while informing others.

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

is this real news?

Miss Thing was 100% right about putin

russia is moving to cryptocurrencies :awkney2:

https://nypost.com/2022/02/24/how-russia-can-use-crypto-to-avoid-us-sanctions-over-ukraine/

But billionaire oligarchs close to Russian President Vladimir Putin could potentially blunt the effects of the sanctions thanks to cryptocurrency, according to experts.

The decentralized nature of digital currencies like bitcoin and ethereum allows governments and non-governmental entities alike the benefit of peer-to-peer transactions — regardless of whether they are cut off from traditional banking services.

Okay, I just wanna leave one kind of positive thought here before I go to bed:

I have hope that some of the sanctions imposed on Russia could weaken Putin‘s influence a little. If I understand correctly many countries are not imposing sanctions on Putin himself but on the rich Russian oligarchs, which means they‘re probably gonna lose billions of dollars in the future, and as we all know - the richer the greedier. Putin is mingling with all those billionaires who now are potentially gonna lose a shit ton of money because of his stupid war. They are all very patriotic but maybe, just maybe, if they lose enough money they could make him stop. You don‘t wanna piss off the richest people in your country.

And with that I wish everybody a good night (/day) and hope I‘m gonna wake up tomorrow realizing that all of this was just a nightmare…

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 minute ago, BlueINK said:

And with that I wish everybody a good night (/day) and hope I‘m gonna wake up tomorrow realizing that all of this was just a nightmare…

thats what we all hope for :cryney2:

8 minutes ago, The Siren said:

russia is moving to cryptocurrencies :awkney2:

https://nypost.com/2022/02/24/how-russia-can-use-crypto-to-avoid-us-sanctions-over-ukraine/

But billionaire oligarchs close to Russian President Vladimir Putin could potentially blunt the effects of the sanctions thanks to cryptocurrency, according to experts.

The decentralized nature of digital currencies like bitcoin and ethereum allows governments and non-governmental entities alike the benefit of peer-to-peer transactions — regardless of whether they are cut off from traditional banking services.

gonna spoiler this because this is (potentially) a controversial opinion that (potentially) not many agree with - plus it's a hypothetical situation and a off-handed comment that probably won't happen and i'm not intending to insult anyone affected by this

Spoiler

if we all got rid of money, we wouldn't have to worry about this :coffee:

also this is clearly evidence that having a unitary state that is so far right and authoritarian like russia is will not end up benefiting the people in any way

nor will having a far left authoritarian state like the soviet union was because clearly stalin didn't succeed either

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

gonna spoiler this because this is (potentially) a controversial opinion that (potentially) not many agree with - plus it's a hypothetical situation and a off-handed comment that probably won't happen and i'm not intending to insult anyone affected by this

Hide contents

also this is clearly evidence that having a unitary state that is so far right and authoritarian like russia is will not end up benefiting the people in any way

nor will having a far left authoritarian state like the soviet union was because clearly stalin didn't succeed either

lana meant it when she said money is the anthem of success :true:

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

um there might be a miscommunication or misunderstanding here :awkney:

didnt you just say that if we got rid of money this wouldnt happen? :deadbanana:

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

didnt you just say that if we got rid of money this wouldnt happen? :deadbanana:

yeah - that means money WOULDN'T BE the anthem of success :awkney:

edit: stream national anthem everyone i still enjoy the song it's not like lana was trying to change the world with it :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

yeah - that means money WOULDN'T BE the anthem of success :awkney:

edit: stream national anthem everyone i still enjoy the song it's not like lana was trying to change the world with it :true:

money = invading for more money

no money = too poor to invade

right?