Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

7 hours ago, Macintosh Manhattan said:

If you've got a strong stomach and are not easily triggered there's a sub-reddit called r/UkraineWarProjectReport that includes on the ground footage

it doesnt exist (anymore) smh

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

please don't be rude to this question but don't things like this happen all the time but it just isn't so public and spoken about? im confused as to why people are calling it a war? again please don't come for me i'm genuinly curious

The way genuine questions have to be prefaced by pleas for mercy. And that's on Gen Z running this place. 

ea39eee57bce0654effef4f0b03ce55f.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

The way genuine questions have to be prefaced by pleas for mercy. And that's on Gen Z's running this place. 

ea39eee57bce0654effef4f0b03ce55f.jpg

8c973e9fb30a39a70b9f18ba32ec23f0.png

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

8 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

please don't be rude to this question but don't things like this happen all the time but it just isn't so public and spoken about? im confused as to why people are calling it a war? again please don't come for me i'm genuinly curious

i'm not an expert i was literally just as confused a few hours ago before i spent like a good hour reading the news

basically the biggest thing is because it's russia and they're directly invading a country unprovoked like just without any reason

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

small military action happens across the world frequently, yes for sure. 

but full scale invasion and assault on a sovereign nation by its neighbor, which happens to be the second most powerful military nation in the world, does not. 

particularly when all pretext appears to be manufactured and is only occurring because a tyrant wants to restore his country’s former greatness. 

There has been fighting in regions in Ukraine (Donbas, Crimea) for years, which has rarely been spoken about, it’s just that this is an all out attack and attempted takeover of entire cities which have 2-4 million people living in them. It’s just the scale of which this is happening which is making this lead to people declaring it the beginning of a new “war”

in my opinion that is 

8 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Sadly, yeah. Media doesn't cover all of the shit the American government does, for example. Or other countries that have been in endless wars for decades. 

They might call it war now because of how influential the countries involved are? Like, isn't Russia a world potential superpower? And the US might be involved too...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

Sadly, yeah. Media doesn't cover all of the shit the American government does, for example. Or other countries that have been in endless wars for decades. 

They might call it war now because of how influential the countries involved are? Like, isn't Russia a world potential superpower? And the US might be involved too...

Ukrainian troops right now are destroying Russian tanks on their own territory, this is a war. Russia has occupied Chernobyl, Kherson Oblast, trying to take Sumy, Kharkiv, and is marching with tanks toward Kyiv.
1280px-2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine.

9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

the reason a ukranian-russian war is more damaging to the world is purely economical. the ukraine is one of the biggest wheat producers and exporters in the world, alongside other resources, which will lead to inflation in importing countries, which is a large part o the world. same for gas, oil, etc. the barrel price is already at its highest since 2014, and gas prices are 60+ percent higher than they were before the war. investors are leaving the territory and stock market is going down. and considering how things are looking in china/taiwan, things aren't gonna get any better. 

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

what might happen if the united states get involved?

The United States will not get involved beyond sanctions, supplying of aid/equipment/arms and bolstering NATO borders in the nations SURROUNDING Ukraine (Poland particularly) 

the US will only militarily involve itself should Putin continue this beyond the Ukrainian borders which there is no indication of yet. 

but no one here wants war either, and given our populations distaste for constantly meddling in other countries affairs, it will take a lot to get us involved. 

but should they get involved, that would mean all NATO countries would most likely be involved (article 5) and that means france, Germany, UK, etc would all be at war as well. 

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

what might happen if the united states get involved?

That would mean the NATO gets involved and I don‘t even wanna type it but… that could possibly lead to a huge war, possibly a world war…

Edit: That‘s the reason why we should all hope Putin doesn‘t plan to go further and invade Poland or other eastern European countries because they are part of the NATO too and have the right to be protected by their partner nations.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

but should they get involved, that would mean all NATO countries would most likely be involved (article 5) and that means france, Germany, UK, etc would all be at war as well. 

2 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

That would mean the NATO gets involved and I don‘t even wanna type it but… that could possibly lead to a huge war, possibly a world war…

how likely is it that the u.s will get involved? i saw somebody here say that since both the u.s & ukraine are a part of the united nations, the u.s basically has to get involved

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

how likely is it that the u.s will get involved? i saw somebody here say that since both the u.s & ukraine are a part of the united nations, the u.s basically has to get involved

russia is also part of the united nations

so is china

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

No, UN affiliation doesn’t mean they have to get involved. Russia has a seat on the UN Security Council and they are invading currently. 

only if Russia attacks a NATO member will the US get involved. 

Just now, Surf Noir said:

the united nations isn't a military alliance, the NATO is, and the ukraine is not a part of it. the us will get involved only if putin gets greedy and furthers the invasion to one of the bordering NATO countries.

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Okay I just wanna make this clear: I am no expert but as long as the Russian troops don‘t invade NATO territory (Poland for example) the USA are not gonna get involved. All members of the NATO have to get involved if one of their members is getting attacked so let‘s hope and pray (whatever that means for you)…

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible