Beautiful Loser

American Song Contest

It. Is. Happenniiiiiiinnngggg! The boss for Sweden's outtakes for Eurovision got bored and emigrated to the States to start...

American Song Contest!!

With Snoop Dogg (Snoop Lion? I forgot what he goes by these days) and Kelly Clarkson as hosts!

From my understanding, the interest is lukewarm at best in America. To be honest, so is mine because I don't really know what to expect, all I've heard is that Michael Bolton competes for Connecticut and Oklahoma has a k-pop artist. But! I'm gonna watch it anyway because I literally have run out of things to watch on youtube, except for Poirot and Kitchen Nightmates. Yes. That's all I have left. And history documentaries.

It starts tonight on NBC! I'm gonna watch it sometime later and root for Georgia. :hooker:

---------------------------------------

ABOUT AMERICAN SONG CONTEST
America's biggest live entertainment event has arrived! Based on the worldwide phenomenon "Eurovision Song Contest," a musical spectacular watched by 200 million viewers annually, "American Song Contest," the U.S. version of the international megahit, will feature live original musical performances, representing all 50 states, five U.S. territories and the nation's capital, competing to win the country's vote for Best Original Song. A solo artist, duo, DJ or band will represent each location and perform a new, original song. The live competition will consist of three rounds as the acts compete in Qualifying Rounds, Semi Finals and the ultimate Grand Final where one state or territory will emerge victorious.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Yawn can’t we just threaten our way into Eurovision? What’s rhe point in being a world power if we have to resort to sad measures like this. Just tell NATO, mr president, put us in Eurovision or y’all can defend yourselves from russia….

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

5 minutes ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Yawn can’t we just threaten our way into Eurovision? What’s rhe point in being a world power if we have to resort to sad measures like this. Just tell NATO, mr president, put us in Eurovision or y’all can defend yourselves from russia….

I know you're joking, but I find it quite distasteful considering the tension(s) we're living in at the moment.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I see what you mean but I don’t think its more distasteful than the numerous people cheering on nuclear war because they want a no fly zone in ukraine….. but yeah i realize that not everyone likes dark humor about world events

Anyways I hope somebody kooky from Florida or Alaska really any of the peninsulas wins

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

20 minutes ago, Leader of The Pack said:

I see what you mean but I don’t think its more distasteful than the numerous people cheering on nuclear war because they want a no fly zone in ukraine…..

Wait. On LanaBoards? I haven't been too active lately so I must've missed that...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just now, the ocean said:

i haven't seen anyone cheering about that on lanaboards :bye:

I haven't seen anyone cheer for that anywhere, so I just assumed it could've been here. Anyways. Let's stay on topic, I guess. :creep:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

13 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

As an european i feel offended:sideeye:

As punishment, we should copy the Superbowl... if only it wasn't so boring :sideeye:

21 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

As an european i feel offended:sideeye:

as an american I also feel offended but more second hand :bebe:

5 minutes ago, COCC said:

As punishment, we should copy the Superbowl... if only it wasn't so boring :sideeye:

i can agree it's boring as fuck :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I’m currently watching... I thought the stage would be bigger because everything in the US is huge lol, but I guess it makes sense since this is the first time they’re giving it a try. ^^’ I was also reminded this is American Tv with all the commercial breaks. :’)

It’s not bad! All the contestants are so serious to win, but I don’t feel like any song is *great*? But then again, I rarely like the ESC songs or the Swedish outtakes songs, haha.

It’s cute. :3

Edit: LMAO YESSSSS THE COYBOY RAPPING ABOUT HIS BOOTS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png