Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

How Do You Celebrate/ Listen To Lana Del Rey's Music?

Title. 
It could be about preparing yourself for new music, listening to already released stuff. 
Do you make it an event, if or^2 just for yourself? 
What are some creative ways you like to celebrate and/or soak in the music? 
Do you sing along as the melody forms? 
Is there a place you go? 
How does it feel for you? 

Sound off! 

UV/Honeymoon

I like to really set the mood. Dim lights, cozy vibes. If its a music video i have it up on my tv. If im feeling extra that night ill do my makeup and dance around in a wig😭 and a lil smokey tokey so i can be realllly immersed. I usually cry if it hits too close to home which is more often than id like to admit 😂😭

I learned to really save the new tracks, so I’d pace myself and drive early mornings, go to some secret favorite places or when I had more time, I’d bike down this hilly part in the neighborhood during sunset, hike find a spot and just stare at the skies, among other things. I remember the experiences I have attached with them and it made listening a lot more immersive. 

UV/Honeymoon

I have ADHD and my attention span is really short so I can't really sit through an entire performance without becoming distracted, but sometimes during a certain time of day I'll find a really good performance and I swear I'll treat it like a celebratory event 😭 I'll clean my whole room, get some snacks and a drink, make sure my room is nice and dark, shut my phone off and watch that entire performance with no breaks or distractions 😭 this is most fun at night, everything hits different at night for some reason. 

😋🫶🏼

I will absolutely never forget sophomore year of college, having just returned the campus, living in an townhouse with 3 of my friends and just walking around my new neighborhood at sunset with “Mariner’s Apartment Complex” on repeat. It was so peaceful a time. I had everything I wanted, and in hindsight, absolutely nothing tangible. A totally transitory moment that I look at with such love. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

I basically wait until the stars align...
I don't know why I have to be so weird about it 😅 but I never listen to her music with anyone else (unless it's live).  And I do my best to prevent any distractions or interruptions and find the best audio quality I can. Plus I often like to be outside, somewhere beautiful on a summer day, or on long road trips where I can stare out the window. This way I also have very specific, lovely mermories associated with my first listens of certain songs and albums.