Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

its okay, I agree that it goes nowhere really. they should have released it as it was, I think they've just worked on it too much since 2015 and it hasn't worked as well, the funk is missing. love the backing vox though

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Ugh ... it lost a lot of funk/energy compared to the Coachella version and the vocals sound weak. But I guess that's what Clean Bandit does - create generic, mainstream music. Pretty sad that we had to wait so long for that watered down version.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Ok I like the song but it sound really different from... Coachella.

But when they said "there are thousand versions\we need to finish it"... I knew something was off. Ugh...

I think it gets better and the end is really good, the Bridge is awesome but the begin is really... flat?

It's like her vocals don't really match the instrumental.

I like it but not gonna keep me entertained for long. Hope because it's a joint collaboration (Clean Bandit and Marina not feat. Marina) she might start doing stuff, or we might be closer to her next album.

i don't hate it, but i hate it.

and wasn't there supposed to be a video?

DISCONNECT-Music-Video-marina-and-the-di DISCONNECT-Music-Video-marina-and-the-di

DISCONNECT-Music-Video-marina-and-the-di

These were proven fake I think, it's not her

uh oh. I haven't heard it yet but I'm scared now thanks to the last few posts.

edit: I sort of forgot what the live version sounds like so this is fine. her "ooh"s sound sort of weak, that's about my only gripe.

te deseo, cariño

uh oh. I haven't heard it yet but I'm scared now thanks to the last few posts.

same

i love your picture trio at the bottom love those ladies

It's not bad, just different from the Coachella edit

oh no baby what is you doing?

she has such a powerful voice and she used it for a forever 21 store bop :(

i cant imagine how let down people feel that waited so long yikes

The lyrics are on-brand for Froot. It's almost like a total bookend to Happy. To dismiss it as some basic clothing store song is really doing a disservice to the song

BzhmW.png

GP will again think "and the Diamonds" is her band, because in the name it's just "and Marina". So, since she worked with Clean Bandit, they'll assume she didn't need her "band". That's my theory, kinda  :deadbanana:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

The lyrics are on-brand for Froot. It's almost like a total bookend to Happy. To dismiss it as some basic clothing store song is really doing a disservice to the song

it is absolutely not a bookend to happy, wth?

it was a disservice to her vocal talent and writing skills to put time into a track so in-cohesive despite spending two years making it.

it is absolutely not a bookend to happy, wth?

it was a disservice to her vocal talent and writing skills to put time into a track so in-cohesive despite spending two years making it.

lyrically it is, they're both about letting go of things. happy is more about being emotionally free, disconnect is about being physically free from the constrains of social media etc.

GP will again think "and the Diamonds" is her band, because in the name it's just "and Marina". So, since she worked with Clean Bandit, they'll assume she didn't need her "band". That's my theory, kinda  :deadbanana:

GP are...not going to care, lbr. it won't chart very highly, but oh well

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

well her band are fans of hers anyway so it works!

te deseo, cariño

lyrically it is, they're both about letting go of things. happy is more about being emotionally free, disconnect is about being physically free from the constrains of social media etc.

GP are...not going to care, lbr. it won't chart very highly, but oh well

i understand that but happy is a song that said it all, it didnt need a bookend, and this surely doesnt cut it, its not a bad song but not her best