Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

We can all agree that I’m not a(sex) Robot is overrated

I used to really "dislike" IANAR til I saw god singing it right at my face and I had a meltdown and cried the whole song like she just cut all my circuits and I felt flesh and bone

never cried so much like Neon Nature idk what happened that day

--------------------

For a second I forgot that Obsessions is her best song and I hope she'll forgive me

Everytime the bridge of Solitaire hits and the lyrics start, "And all the other jewels around me, They astounded me at first, I covered up my heart in boundaries and all the fakes, they called me cursed" I get a clear image in my imagination, something so mystical that it warms my heart, ugh, it almost brings me to tears thinking about it  :defeated:  words can't describe it

I wouldn't say EH is her "worst", because it's really a great record, but EH is literally nothing compared with FROOT and TFJ.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Everytime the bridge of Solitaire hits and the lyrics start, "And all the other jewels around me, They astounded me at first, I covered up my heart in boundaries and all the fakes, they called me cursed" I get a clear image in my imagination, something so mystical that it warms my heart, ugh, it almost brings me to tears thinking about it  :defeated:  words can't describe it

normally I don't cry to music, but I once I figured out what Solitaire meant after googling the alt meaning I was in tears, it's such a beautiful song.

xMcVPI7.jpg

Electra Heart is her only truly amazing album. The Family Jewels and Froot are good, they really are, but they don't even come close to Electra Heart.

to me, Electra is her farthest album from "Marina". TFJ is great, but what it wants to be is kind of a mess.

Froot however was written all by Marina and she even co-produced it with one person.

All the lyrics are everything Marina thinks and the way they are demonstrated are partly through her mind. Despite Electra having some great bops, songs like Gold, I'm a Ruin, Immortal, Happy, and Blue totally out do anything Electra has to offer.

xMcVPI7.jpg

Froot is her worst album and that's just the way it is. It's grown on me a lot but as a body of work it's just lacking a bit in comparison to Electra Heart and The Family Jewels which are almost perfect albums

FzytWEW.png

Froot is her worst album and that's just the way it is. It's grown on me a lot but as a body of work it's just lacking a bit in comparison to Electra Heart and The Family Jewels which are almost perfect albums

I don't see how it's lacking... I mean, they are all different in terms of genre.

FROOT to me was executed (musically) a lot better than  part of The Family Jewels and Electra Heart because it was truly Marina. Marina did a wonderful job on FROOT, writing the WHOLE ALBUM herself. I don't think there is anything wrong with co writing a song, but when an artist writes over twelve songs for an album and then producers it part by herself, it feels like this is Marina's 'true' sound.

Electra and TFJ are great and all, but FROOT is an amazing album in its production (even though it's a little basic) and lyrics. The album was (I think) her least popular, but to me its the best out of the three. I hope she stays on the path of FROOT for MATD4.

I've also known most people to just hate albums for being new (like Lust for Life, personally I think it's wonderful) and then miss them after the next and pretend they used to love it. It's annoying, like an album, who cares if it's new? I love FROOT because everything about it is good.

xMcVPI7.jpg

I will NOT accept FROOT slanders.

First, she really doesn't have a worst album, all of them are great in their ways. But obviously, FROOT is her best, it has the best lyrically songs (all of them wrote by her), and y'all can't fucking deny you were in shook when you listened to Happy, Forget, Gold, Savages, BTT, Inmortal, etc for the first time. All of them are MASTERPIECES and proves that Marina can write amazing songs without somebody else.

Also, comparing FROOT era with TFJ's and EH's, they both were really a mess (As I've been said), this one wasn't. Great songs, iconic photoshoots, amazing tour, etc. A great and simply era.

You really have to be very ignorant and blind to sland FROOT tbh

loreen was found snapped

When I think of bad songs off of Electra or FROOT, I can't. Each song is amazing in it's own way.

TFJ is something else, I don't like one of the songs but I can't remember which it is. I would probably like it if I were to listen to it again.

xMcVPI7.jpg

Electra Heart is an overrated piece of trash, i used to like it but now it's just annoying. The Family Jewels owns the throne.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I will NOT accept FROOT slanders.

First, she really doesn't have a worst album, all of them are great in their ways. But obviously, FROOT is her best, it has the best lyrically songs (all of them wrote by her), and y'all can't fucking deny you were in shook when you listened to Happy, Forget, Gold, Savages, BTT, Inmortal, etc for the first time. All of them are MASTERPIECES and proves that Marina can write amazing songs without somebody else.

Also, comparing FROOT era with TFJ's and EH's, they both were really a mess (As I've been said), this one wasn't. Great songs, iconic photoshoots, amazing tour, etc. A great and simply era.

You really have to be very ignorant and blind to sland FROOT tbh

loreen was found snapped

While I do agree that TFJ and EH had very messy eras, I think it's a little delusional to say the FROOT era wasn't messy. Yes she may have had a plan but it got totally fucked up when the album leaked 2 months before release and it had to be pushed forward by a few weeks. Poor Marina lol something always goes wrong for her.

Also a bit rude to say I'm 'ignorant and blind' for not having the same flop taste as you but you do you

FzytWEW.png

you always know it's a slow day on LB when the allie x and marina threads get heated

Charli XCX thread could NEVER

While I do agree that TFJ and EH had very messy eras, I think it's a little delusional to say the FROOT era wasn't messy. Yes she may have had a plan but it got totally fucked up when the album leaked 2 months before release and it had to be pushed forward by a few weeks. Poor Marina lol something always goes wrong for her.

Also a bit rude to say I'm 'ignorant and blind' for not having the same flop taste as you but you do you

Electra wasn't very messy, I can give it that. FROOT had terrible promo and I think thats why it flopped popularity wise.

TBH Marina deserves better as a whole, each album is amazing and deserves a listen.

xMcVPI7.jpg

now lets be calm, not everyone's taste levels are as elevated as us froot stans

they have yet to see the light, they don't know better yet

u spilled

xMcVPI7.jpg