Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

While I do agree that TFJ and EH had very messy eras, I think it's a little delusional to say the FROOT era wasn't messy. Yes she may have had a plan but it got totally fucked up when the album leaked 2 months before release and it had to be pushed forward by a few weeks. Poor Marina lol something always goes wrong for her.

Also a bit rude to say I'm 'ignorant and blind' for not having the same flop taste as you but you do you

Yeah, it was rude. But I mean, you did even listened to the album? I agree that people has different opinions, but there's no way that FROOT could be her worst

ps: Sorry, I kinda snapped :rip:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

While I do agree that TFJ and EH had very messy eras, I think it's a little delusional to say the FROOT era wasn't messy. Yes she may have had a plan but it got totally fucked up when the album leaked 2 months before release and it had to be pushed forward by a few weeks. Poor Marina lol something always goes wrong for her.

Also a bit rude to say I'm 'ignorant and blind' for not having the same flop taste as you but you do you

I also apologize if I was being a cunt, I just think FROOT is underrated as hell.

xMcVPI7.jpg

Welp... We're making EH and FROOT overrated

Let's talk and appreciate her most underrated era AKA TFJ :creep:

Yeah, it was rude. But I mean, you did even listened to the album? I agree that people has different opinions, but there's no way that FROOT could be her worst

ps: Sorry, I kinda snapped :rip:

Yes I have listened to the album many many many times. It's good but it has some unlistenable tracks for me and is just a bit boring at times. Weeds outsold tho

I also apologize if I was being a cunt, I just think FROOT is underrated as hell.

All good sis, but I think if anything FROOT is overrated in the fandom.

FzytWEW.png

FROOT and EH are officially dead in this thread. TFJ remains alive :creep:

HTF Demo>>>>Album V. :creep:

"Worst" in this thread doesn't mean it's bad, it just means the other records are, somehow, better but.... :creep:

The thing 'bout froot being written by Marina and produced by one guy is interesting but for me still not enough to just "wow what a record". I think most of the songs sound just plain and they could go in different ways\stronger, and that's more "production-wise" but still it was her choice to do it like this :creep:

Better Than That, Weeds, Forget... they are all nice songs but that's it, it doesn't have the "WOW" factor you get when you listen to Radioactive's last chorus, the chills from Power & Control bridge, Lies last chorus... And even the stuff from TFJ. 

Lyrically I think it's beautiful but all the records are packed with amazing lyrics & melodies so...

"Worst" in this thread doesn't mean it's bad, it just means the other records are, somehow, better but.... :creep:

The thing 'bout froot being written by Marina and produced by one guy is interesting but for me still not enough to just "wow what a record". I think most of the songs sound just plain and they could go in different ways\stronger, and that's more "production-wise" but still it was her choice to do it like this :creep:

Better Than That, Weeds, Forget... they are all nice songs but that's it, it doesn't have the "WOW" factor you get when you listen to Radioactive's last chorus, the chills from Power & Control bridge, Lies last chorus... And even the stuff from TFJ. 

Lyrically I think it's beautiful but all the records are packed with amazing lyrics & melodies so...

I totally agree with this!!!! When FROOT came out and Marina was using the fact that it was written and produced by her and one other guy as a selling point I was interested but after listening to the album I was underwhelmed and wish she experimented with some other producers tbh

Also the fact that most of the FROOT songs fade out at the end kinda annoys me, it's just like so anticlimactic. I'd much rather a huge last chorus or outtro or something rather than the chorus just fading out, comes across as a bit lazy to me

FzytWEW.png

I think the problem with the “WHOS the better album” is that we’re comparing apples to oranges to kiwi (no FROOT pun intended)

TFJ is an album that could’ve been done by Lily Allen, EH by Britney and FROOT by Florence/Machine. This may be a confusing and dumb analogy but these albums are so different from each other than you wouldnt think they’re part of the same discography

Three entirely different universes that have no bridges or connections with each apart from the fact that many of them share similar piano chord progressions (and that almost all her songs are rooted from the piano)

Lyrically many songs across the albums share themes but not specific details (I don’t think she sings about the guy from power and Control in FROOT at all?

Happy could be the bridge from TFJ & EH (maybe?)

Idk I just find it hard to pin a superior album when there are only 3 and they’re all so different. I feel like lana is different and easier to do bc every single song is connected no matter how and it all belongs in the same universe, under one never ending concept. Lana’s albums are more like paragraphs while marinas are books in a Series

I was listening to "Gold" in the car the other day on the way to buy some groceries and I have something to tell you all about this song that will ruin your life forever...

In the second verse, where she says,

"I've been waiting,

Waiting for the penny to drop, to drop, to drop, to drop"

It sounds so much like:

"I've been waiting,

Waiting for the PANTY to drop, to drop, to drop, to drop"

I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that I'd misheard it. :lmao:

The problem is that now that I've heard it, I CAN'T UNHEAR IT!! 

just because Froot was written fully by her and is a more "personal" record does not make it the superior record, Froot is missing impact for me some of the songs just float into each other and like half the record is about hating humans because they're evil and wanting to just drink alcohol and be alone but also needing a man to be with, it gets kinda boring

like people said the 3 albums are just completely different works and the beauty of Marina as an artist is that she never repeats herself musically and is always challenging herself with different sounds. I hope MATD4 isn't too similar to Froot and goes to a completely different sound 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

just because Froot was written fully by her and is a more "personal" record does not make it the superior record, Froot is missing impact for me some of the songs just float into each other and like half the record is about hating humans because they're evil and wanting to just drink alcohol and be alone but also needing a man to be with, it gets kinda boring

this

björk stans listen to one hour of her hollering in caveman language and think they elevated to musical taste superiority

I don't think I have a superior musical taste than you or that I'm better than you, I just said that EH was not a good album lol

But now that were comparing them at least more than half of her albums have critical acclaim, and guess what, I'm not talking about Mrs. Diamandis :hottie:

8nl2OpX.png

Don't forget to follow DiamondGarden on Twitter, if you want 'Lies' Stems  :candy:   https://twitter.com/DiamondGarden_