Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Lol didn't she put EVOL and Just Desserts on iTunes too or did I make that up in my head??

... because they aren't there now.

They were and it was speculated that she didn't do it herself

Which is why I think this Electra Heart thing might be unofficial

omfg merna is hella turnt 

she just put EVOL and Just Deserts on Xbox music for 7.99 each

8g2SpXG.gif

They were and it was speculated that she didn't do it herself

Which is why I think this Electra Heart thing might be unofficial

stuff has to be approved, it doesnt work like that

I checked the track with an spectogram and this is what I found:

ELECTRA HEART - iTunes

119sb2e.png

All the songs Purchased from iTunes (which are Purchased iTunes Plus 256kbps M4A files) reach the top of the graph with 22.1KHz (most of them) or 21KHz as any regular lossless file (like FLAC/ALAC/WAV/AIFF).

This one reached to 18.3KHz which is an equivalent to a 192kbps-256kbps MP3
And 320kbps reaches to 20KHz.

This audio files is FAR inferior to any iTunes purchased song or a regular high quality 320kbps MP3.

ELECTRA HEART - MP3 LEAK

illnia.png

This is the file that leaked a few hours/days after Marina uploaded the EH video
See? It almost reaches the 20KHz, the file is 320kbps and it might be a real 320kbps.

E.V.O.L - iTunes

v61x6c.png

See? This one reaches the 22.1KHz like a real iTunes Purchased song. This might be real.

JUST DESSERTS - SOUNDCLOUD

k00b6e.png

This one is an official 320kbps MP3 file given as a free download by Marina on her Soundcloud.
See how it reaches 20.7KHz yet doesn't reaches 22.1KHz (as a lossless file)? It is a REAL 320 kbps MP3 file.

CONCLUSION

This Electra Heart song that offers iTunes is FAKE.
There's no way that Marina is offering the song in such a low quality.
Usually iTunes gets the songs in lossless (WAV or FLAC) and they convert them in iTunes Plus, when thi happens the quality is great and it reaches 22.1KHz

In this case the person sent a low quality MP3 file to iTunes, there's to possibilities:
1) This person sent a video rip and that's why the song quality only reaches 18.3KHz
2) This person sent the MP3 leak that reaches 19.8KHz and during the transcoding it lowered the quality of the song to 18.3KHz (when you change the format of a lossy file to another lossy file the quality gets lower. If you change a 320 kbps MP3 to a 256 kbps AAC file the quality will be WORSE and the KHz will be lower)

Also, we should note this:

2dl9kdi.png

This one was uploaded by 679 Recordings Ltd. and this one is a real as I proved you.

This "Electra Heart upload" was done by "2014 Marina and the Diamonds"... how odd? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

It's only 99 cents. And it's a minute less than the leaked hq version, which was too long in my opinion.

That one is fan-made.

The leaked one has the same length as the video but the quality is better.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

The 4:40 version is not fan-made, if that's what you're saying.

It was confirmed on Marinaboards that it is fake.

Edit: I can't find the post, but there's a user who linked us to a tumblr post where someone uploaded the extended 4:40 version and claims it's made by him.

I know what you're saying, I saw someone claiming that the video version and the extended version were on Warner/Chapell website, but never saw them there.

Edited by Roger

Oh?  :usrs: I'm very curious, please do link me.

Edited my post :) Do you saw those two versions on Warner/Chapell? or do you have a screenshot? I'm curious as well 

Did the extended version leaked in 320 kbps as the video version?

It's not fake, stop. :toofunny:

Just checked the audio of the extended with an spectogram, you're all right, it's not fake :)

The next question: Why the leaked version of the video version (who also was uploaded on Warner/Chapell) is 320 kbps but the audio quality is worse than the extended version that is 192kbps?

OoT: EVOL I see you more here in LB than in MB lol

Ah. There's only one version (which is not 320kbps), here's a screenshot:

tQAdTCu.png

That's the 192kbps 4:40 version? Is the only one on Warner/Chapell?