Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

53 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

no song added would've saved this album, trust me. it was hated by fans nearly from the very beginning

I agree, I was there too, people said it aged within the week it released:rip: but people were really rooting for her before it released. I just meant that with the songs she had, she could have made a good album (good as in held in a positive light in her fanbase) especially with different artwork, even just another photo from the same shoot, i cannot fathom why she used the one of her scowling when there’s others much more suitable for fear. 

marina fans tend to equate album = era, because she sold herself as that kind of an artist. personally FROOT is not my favourite album, (I don’t think it’s bad it’s just not as lyrically clever as her earlier works, I think the production is a bit samey, the blue demos are more exciting) but because of the era and the visuals people absolutely hate that opinion:toofunny:

from what I’ve seen L+F stans tend to be new fans that weren’t following her every move during the era they just enjoyed the album for what it was and then they weren’t disappointed and don’t hold a bitter opinion about the era and equate it to the album. the other type of L+F fan tend to be older and maybe in a more mature mindset and get where she’s coming from.

again I really don’t think it’s unlistenable trash, I just think the era and the choices made are absolutely fascinating idk why, maybe because we don’t know the full story and we never will

edit: also my opinion on outtakes is usually ‘if you swap any song on the album for any outtake people will want the original song back’. like if TNWWY was on the album instead of EYL people would say she should have scrapped TNWWY and included EYL. with L+F though there are genuinely great tracks she scrapped. ‘scroll away the pain’ ain’t it though. NMS for PDCM would have been a much better choice. 

50 minutes ago, 132 said:

oh my god also. she could've done such a good roll out for the album or like a box set (similar to froot so i can see why she wouldn't) but she could've done it like side A is a love song and side B is a fear song that correlates to the love song. or even a book of the photoshoot, or literally anything that was more than one vinyl being black and the other white. 

for the 5th anniversary or the 10th, she should repackage the album, with ALL the outtakes. she could then go onto do something like Love + Fear: The Demos. Like she could make hella bank. 

I've always said and always will; If I was Marina, I would release 2 albums/EPs to follow up the main album. ALBUM NAME: The Outtakes and ALBUM NAME: The Demos. She could go a step further and even do an instrumental release of the album. LIKE COME ON MARINA, GET YOUR COIN INSTEAD OF LEAKERS GETTING IT FOR YOU

her not using ‘demons and angels’ was such a missed opportunity, I think that would have been better in general, not even splitting the album into two and the demons and angels speaking for themselves. (she only released baby on the album to get another love track let’s be real)

also we still don’t have the L+F instrumentals in HQ (specifically fear) I REALLY don’t understand why she doesn’t put her instrumentals in bandcamp, she must know we all want them 

33 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

1. Froot

2. Primadonna girl 

3. Handmade Heaven

4. Obsessions 

5. Man’s world 

Are these your top 5 Marina songs ?

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Song leads ranking friend ❤️

Oh haha :bebe: I’ll do mine

1. Froot

2. Man’s World

3. Primadonna

4. Obsessions 

5. Handmade Heaven 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

imo the singles that were the best choice as singles:
1. Primadonna

2. Froot

3. Handmade Heaven

4. Obsessions (deffo should have been Hollywood, but she didn’t want to do that)

5. Man’s World (girl VFT was right there)

My favourite songs out of the singles:

1. Primadonna

2. Obsessions

3. Froot 

4. Handmade Heaven

man’s world not included cause I have opinions on that song

54 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Song leads ranking friend ❤️

1. Froot
  2. Obsessions
  3. Primadonna
  4. Handmade Heaven
  5. Man's World (sorry but it's because that was the only thing we had for like 5 months) 

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

26 minutes ago, 132 said:

honestly idk how to articulate how I feel so sorry if this is a mess, but I have real gripes with ‘Owned by a sheik who killed thousands of gay men. I guess that's why he bought the campest hotel in L.A. then’

in the uk ‘camp’ is often used as a (outdated and low-key homophobic) code for ‘gay’/‘effeminate’ so I guess she’s implying that he’ll put up with having a ‘gay’ pink hotel if it makes him profit? but isn’t she just implying that having a pink hotel isn’t masculine, therefore literally enforcing the patriarchy she’s criticising in the same song? idk I hate the vibe the line gives off.

am I missing some kind of point? I don’t know the hotel’s history other than it’s pink and Marilyn used to live there, is it some kind of symbol in America? I’d genuinely love for other opinions on that line

asides from that she literally went to that hotel & posted pictures of herself eating in it, aka giving that man money??? learn what boycotting is

I do love the production it’s actually one of the best, but the lyrics are clunky in parts for example ‘if you have a mother, sister… or a friend’ compared to ‘I could be your sister, I could be your mother, I could be your neighbour, I could be your lover’

also ‘centuries ago you called me a witch, now you call me a bitch’ girl I know you got that from a tweet or something, pay your royalties like Lizzo 

16 minutes ago, brandon said:

i’m so bored with her can someone please just leak some 10 year old demos or something

7 minute froot is awaiting her moment.

agreed, fear and loathing demo is probably coming soon, not much difference though :cryney2:

30 minutes ago, brandon said:

i’m so bored with her can someone please just leak some 10 year old demos or something

7 minute froot is awaiting her moment.

honestly I hate to break it to everyone but I don’t think we’ll ever get the demo unless marina shares it herself.

from what I’ve heard hackers get songs when they’re sent to someone else (there’s a site artists use that’s supposed to ‘delete the file’ after a certain amount of time but it actually doesn’t:rip:) this whole ‘omg Charli’s google drive got hacked’ type of hacking is a myth. we would have waaaay more stuff if this was the case. this is also why it’s really important you change your password if it’s leaked and turn on 2FA, there are massive databases with passwords and emails just... out there (I realise this gives off massive ‘my label didn’t force me to release this album’ vibes but idc I’m not involved I just find hacking/leaking culture absolutely fascinating)

marina wrote and recorded froot in the studio, so she probably just played david the song right off her macbook and didn’t send it to him or anyone else until it was further along in production & this is why no one has it, cause they’d have to somehow get onto marinas harddrive itself and I’m sure that would involve sending her a Trojan horse of some kind:rip:

19 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

honestly I hate to break it to everyone but I don’t think we’ll ever get the demo unless marina shares it herself.

from what I’ve heard hackers get songs when they’re sent to someone else (there’s a site artists use that’s supposed to ‘delete the file’ after a certain amount of time but it actually doesn’t:rip:) this whole ‘omg Charli’s google drive got hacked’ type of hacking is a myth. we would have waaaay more stuff if this was the case. this is also why it’s really important you change your password if it’s leaked and turn on 2FA, there are massive databases with passwords and emails just... out there (I realise this gives off massive ‘my label didn’t force me to release this album’ vibes but idc I’m not involved I just find hacking/leaking culture absolutely fascinating)

marina wrote and recorded froot in the studio, so she probably just played david the song right off her macbook and didn’t send it to him or anyone else until it was further along in production & this is why no one has it, cause they’d have to somehow get onto marinas harddrive itself and I’m sure that would involve sending her a Trojan horse of some kind:rip:

not necessarily, i have a macbook and all my logic projects and bounces are uploaded by default, so if someone hacked into her icloud drive they could probably get it (obviously don't do this lol) and i dont think i enabled it, unless i did without realising. 

also we know that marina sent david demos "Diamandis sent Kosten rough demos that he says 'sounded like they had been recorded down a deep well" some nylon interview, so maybe he just has some hot anti-virus software

3 minutes ago, 132 said:

not necessarily, i have a macbook and all my logic projects and bounces are uploaded by default, so if someone hacked into her icloud drive they could probably get it (obviously don't do this lol) and i dont think i enabled it, unless i did without realising. 

also we know that marina sent david demos "Diamandis sent Kosten rough demos that he says 'sounded like they had been recorded down a deep well" some nylon interview, so maybe he just has some hot anti-virus software

for sure, but iCloud are pretty good with their security since that massive leak of celebrities photos in the 2010s

he might have been exaggerating for dramatic effect, but I think these might have been the Froot demos we already have, the IAR demo springs to mind. just because she said she did froot in the studio and it was the last she wrote, the demos david’s referring too were sent when she was scouting for a new producer

also I never saw anyone talk about it here but there’s an interview where marina says she wrote 15 songs for FROOT and only recorded 14 so that means when you take way control was not forget after all, we need to petition for that demo!!

1 hour ago, 132 said:

we need an album full of ILYBILMM <3

she dipped her toes into mother lake when she wrote/recorded/produced that one…. a tiny little return to form… felt frooty to me