Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I wouldn't even count Just Desserts tbh. We already have 18 (would have been 19 if she recorded Heartbreak then but she did it after the album) of the 22 songs she recorded anyway. 

4 songs remaining.

Can we count these?:

- The Other Foot

- Jealousy

- Miss Y

- Scab and Plaster

- Like the Other Girls

I know some of these were not meant for EH but Living Dead was included on EH even though she planned to include it on Die Life (the original second album project)

And I think Like the Other Girls was just a demo for the producer, so he could sell the instrumental (sold to the mexican musician Ximena Sariñana for the song "Shine Down", the instrumental is exactly the same), but maybe it was a very rough demo like Sex Yeah demo #1 which lacks of a chorus section.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

4 songs remaining.

Can we count these?:

- The Other Foot

- Jealousy

- Miss Y

- Scab and Plaster

- Like the Other Girls

I know some of these were not meant for EH but Living Dead was included on EH even though she planned to include it on Die Life (the original second album project)

And I think Like the Other Girls was just a demo for the producer, so he could sell the instrumental (sold to the mexican musician Ximena Sariñana for the song "Shine Down", the instrumental is exactly the same), but maybe it was a very rough demo like Sex Yeah demo #1 which lacks of a chorus section.

I'm guessing there was also a title track for Die Life too, but I'm not completely sure.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I'm pretty sure the other 4 tracks are completely different. I mean she released EVOL and we didn't know about it at all.

And Like the other girls definitely isn't a demo for Sex Yeah. Marina's demos are always very similar to the final thing.

I think Roger means that LTOG is a demo in the same vein that the 1st demo of Sex Yeah was; the verses were filled with 'oooooh' in the Sex Yeah demo but were later replaced with lyrics, so it's possible that the same thing happened with LTOG.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I'm pretty sure the other 4 tracks are completely different. I mean she released EVOL and we didn't know about it at all. 

And Like the other girls definitely isn't a demo for Sex Yeah. Marina's demos are always very similar to the final thing. 

That's true, I wonder if we ever going to (AT LEAST) know the title of all the songs she wrote and recorded fro EH.

I think Roger means that LTOG is a demo in the same vein that the 1st demo of Sex Yeah was; the verses were filled with 'oooooh' in the Sex Yeah demo but were later replaced with lyrics, so it's possible that the same thing happened with LTOG.

That's exactly what I meant to say :) Thank you!

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I can't believe Marina hasn't gotten that much recognition yet tbh. She's so good, I love her! She writes her own stuff, she's great at it, her voice is pretty strong and she's pretty. She should be huge, but noooo.