Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Idk about anyone else but I’d love to hear a really stripped back version of Superstar. I wish Marina did some live acoustic videos like she did with Electra Heart songs like Lies and others.

I had a dream today that I was listening the full version of You and it was amazing be ready girlies

I really feel like You is gonna be one of the biggest bangers from the record as a whole. I don’t get why Eclipse keeps dissing it, the snippet he leaked sounded amazing and it’s probably changed and been updated since the version he has anyway...

I'm loving the mini-visuals this era so far, mainly because she looks so stunning. I wonder if the Fear ones will look a bit different. Love the track by track stuff too. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

This is a weird era for Marina and for Marina fans overall. I feel like although the songs she’s released from LOVE so far are good pop songs (much better than the uninspired crap that’s constantly being churned out by mainstream artists and overplayed on the radio) they don’t feel like Marina songs, and are awful representations of who she is as an artist. I agree with a lot the comments that have been shared on here recently about the lyrics and melodies being a lot simpler because that’s how she’s feeling - simple and happy - and there’s nothing wrong with that, but it shouldn’t cause her writing to lack in quality. I also get that she’s grown up from the person she was on the Family Jewels but how can a song like Orange Trees come from the same artist who made songs such as Hermit The Frog and Mowglis Road? Even when she was writing with Dr Luke she maintained more of her originality, quirkiness, and poetic lyricism than she has now. It’s truly sad to see an artist you really love just loose what makes them special. Like I said these pop songs are still great, but that’s because I also enjoy dumbed down simple easy listening pop music, and you can’t deny that that is what most of LOVE is (I mean OT and True?!) but I feel bad for the MATD fans who don’t and have lost their faith in Marina. That being said, I hope FEAR will prove me wrong and will prove Marina still has whatever it is that made her so damn wonderful in past eras musically. Perhaps LOVE’s downfall is simply due to the fact that Marina has never really written positive songs and her magic lies in angsty sad bops?Here’s hoping FEAR is full of them and we get the old Marina back for part 2! That would definitely make LOVE easier to accept from the artist formerly known as Marina and the Diamonds...