Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/nothing-could-convince-me-to-have-a-showmance-for-record-sales-says-marina-and-the-diamonds-31066283.html

"At the starting everyone was comparing me to Lana," she told me at the time. "You will always be compared in that fashion when you are a girl. People zero in on the fashion, on stuff like 'well, she's a got a curl and Lana Del Rey has a curl…they must be the same thing'. I adore her, think she's tremendously talented. However, I'm glad the comparison has gone away."

http://iamhypeoujessaye.fr/interview-marina-and-the-diamonds-former-un-girls-band-avec-charli-xcx-et-foxes-impossible-mais-jadore-lidee/

A long time ago, we heard about a possible collaboration with Britney Spears or Lana Del Rey
With Britney Spears ? (laughs). It would be a weird one. Lana, I love Lana.

And she loves you too, no ?
I think so, yeah. The thing is there is one thing loving an artist and another thing collaborating with them. So, it might not necessarily work, for example me with Britney but you never know I love her so I would always be interested.

With Lana, it could be possible for you ?
I don’t know, I mean I haven’t seen her for like four years. It really depends on a song, if you get only that person, all of these other factors you know… So we’ll see, you never know. Never say never.

In case you missed it, she mentioned the old Instagram snippet she posted is the middle 8 of a song that didn't make the album called "I'm Not Hungry Anymore" which didn't make the album because of the production. However, she said she's been playing around with the idea of doing a re-release and said that she might develop the middle 8 into another song. She also mentioned that she wrote 14 songs for Froot, but was really set on only having 12 tracks.

I really liked the FAQin Hell, but it would've been a lot more personal had Joey not been reading the questions, no offense to him.

In case you missed it, she mentioned the old Instagram snippet she posted is the middle 8 of a song that didn't make the album called "I'm Not Hungry Anymore" which didn't make the album because of the production. However, she said she's been playing around with the idea of doing a re-release and said that she might develop the middle 8 into another song. She also mentioned that she wrote 14 songs for Froot, but was really set on only having 12 tracks.

I really liked the FAQin Hell, but it would've been a lot more personal had Joey not been reading the questions, no offense to him.

I could've sworn someone that met her said she called it "Rush" but I'm glad we finally have an official title

Though I want the original version because she might keep the lyrics from the middle 8 but totally change the sound of the track, unless the track was just an incomplete scrap

BzhmW.png

I could've sworn someone that met her said she called it "Rush" but I'm glad we finally have an official title

Though I want the original version because she might keep the lyrics from the middle 8 but totally change the sound of the track, unless the track was just an incomplete scrap

That is a fanmade title, she has never named it that

also she clarified that she does like Nicki Minaj, Better Than That is "about some who was never really nice" to her or her group of friends (so probably not Ellie Goulding then??? since they were friends, even if they're not now??) and that the chicken leg story is true :creepna2:

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

If Better than that's not about Ellie Gouding, what's with all the evidence in the lyrics that it's her!? 

"with an angel voice"

"she'll network til her dreams come true, even if it means getting into bed with you" (seems like someone famous for sure... ala "fucked my way up to the top")

"Well I guess it's just what humans do" ('I guess we thought it's just what humans do' - Ellie Goulding, Anything Could Happen)

"got a sour face"

Ellie-Goulding-2048x2048.jpg

alright guys, I just got an email from my boss AND

I get to write the 10-15 questions Marina will answer in our interview. Any ideassssssss?

the title of the 14th song made for FROOT!

alright guys, I just got an email from my boss AND

I get to write the 10-15 questions Marina will answer in our interview. Any ideassssssss?

Not something you can really ask as it is too personal and rude. But for how much she talks about being depressed, im curious what the extent of it was and if she's ever tried therapy...

Something you maybe could ask if she hasn't directly answered it yet, is what she means with all the "someone's watching over me" stuff on Happy... She said it's not about religion but what exactly was it that made her view life so differently then?

Not something you can really ask as it is too personal and rude. But for how much she talks about being depressed, im curious what the extent of it was and if she's ever tried therapy...

Something you maybe could ask if she hasn't directly answered it yet, is what she means with all the "someone's watching over me" stuff on Happy... She said it's not about religion but what exactly was it that made her view life so differently then?

I asked something about what catalyzed the direction of the record and what events made her seemingly unhappy!

BzhmW.png

etc? lol, I don't know what other reference she has in common with Lana, and besides, Deadly Nightshade is a real flower and I highly doubt Marina got it from a Lana song.

that wasn't meant to be even remotely shady lmao 

i think they're both extremely similar artists and people in general. i wouldn't be surprised if she was inspired by lana in certain ways (and vice versa) so i'd like to find a way to ask her more questions in that regard (without coming off offensive) 

ZRBNill.jpg