Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

if she suddenly broke out into a chorus of i can see my baby swinging, i could understand but like....she's been working on these tracks for aggges (2012 onwards) so i think its V V V V unlikely that she took inspiration from UV

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Well if you take into account all three lines were included in the same record and song (except the "I'm in love" line ofc) then it does make sense, and I haven't really heard Deadly Nightshade mentioned in lots of songs lately...

and @Hundred Dollar Bill don't facepalm me, the way the line is sung is quite similar + the fact that both songs (WC/Froot) end with it repeated twice

The "I'm in love" thing is similar, but it's just to different regarding the execution. The Deadly Nightshade thing .. hm. It's one plant of many that Marina sings about in this part of the verse, and it's one that's often appearing in lyrics.

The sirens thing .. nah, I think this is really just a coincidence. Marina uses it in order to describe outdoor sounds of a city, nothing that reminds me of Lanas use of the word.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

"I'm in love"? Really queen?

Mind to read my explanation in my previous posts... it's not about the line but they way it's used.

Marina mentioned the word peace in Happy!!!!! she's obviously referring to May Jailer

:lolno:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

C'mon guys I think he gets it now  :toofunny:

I'm pretty bummed out about how the physical release played out here in the US. I haven't even tried to find a CD in stores because I'm pretty sure there won't be any until April. I want the white vinyl too but it is also backordered so who knows when that'll be taken care of. I'm just glad we even got a 12" because the box set would've been a pain to play.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Physical versions of Froot are only available from her store in the US, right?...

i have heard a lot of people saying they had copies at barnes and noble

"I'm your deadly nightshade" and "I'm in love" in Froot and "I can hear the sirens" in Solitaire... it's kinda obvious she took inspiration from UV imo 

Solitaire was written in 2013, and FROOT is a song about plants and her happiness...nice try. :hooker:

I really doubt that she's inspired by Lana at all, they just think similarly, but Lana's phrases aren't 100% original either.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Solitaire was written in 2013, and FROOT is a song about plants and her happiness...nice try. :hooker:

I really doubt that she's inspired by Lana at all, they just think similarly, but Lana's phrases aren't 100% original either.

you sorta win this time Ahmanda :emma:

you'll hear from me soon

ZmJh1LG.jpg

She sings "babyyyyy" in Weeds just like Lanz in MPG if we wanna go here

Maybe Lana was right when she said her music just has its finger on the pulse of the Zeitgeist

Lana isn't the sole creator of vocal inflection...don't embarrass yourself.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I just bought FROOT at Barnes & Noble for $12 :)

I'm so glad to hear! We actually have one of those in my town so I totally need to go check it out. :) I'm dying for a physical copy.  :deadbanana:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.