Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

I mean this as a compliment ONLY. Paris, Texas would fit on a Twilight Soundtrack, preferably the New Moon Soundtrack.

Just now, Dusk said:
  Hide contents

patiently waiting for your reaction to margaret :wub:

I will keep you updated!!

Spoiler

Grandfather…ok let’s go! 

Just now, Mariahspoolboy said:
  Hide contents

It’s as if she put Grandfather on here to be like…”hey, look f*ggots! I can still do this!”

Spoiler

grandfather and the next 2 are the holy trinity :lange:

I’m incredibly emotional with one of the songs right now. Apologies for pouring my thoughts into here rn.

Spoiler

Paris, Texas has managed to capture what no other song by anyone was ever able to - in fact, I remember often trying to think of a song that could express this very specific feeling I’ve always felt but couldn’t really explain or even decipher. A feeling of longing, not for someone or something, but for home - not just in a spacial sense but also in an emotional one.

5 years ago I moved from this smaller town here in Portugal to our capital Lisbon and it changed myself for the better specially after all the traumatic events that had happened in the years prior. Since moving, I have found a group of friends that I consider my family, I’ve strengthened the ties with my mother and little brother even further (they’re still in our hometown) and I’ve had a lot of good and bad experiences living as a functional and independent adult - in all of them there was always this constant state of navigating in between places, people and experiences, in search for that ultimate feeling of belonging and rooting in a place or a perfect mental state or a fulfilling relationship or this illusion that I’m not growing old soon and still have a lot of vitality and life left. And yet, despite all of my complications as far as my past and my traumas go and all of the adversities the cosmos keeps throwing my way, there’s always this little fuzzy spark inside (intuition?) that keeps me traveling above the clouds in search for my own definition of home. It seems like it’s a journey that never ends - maybe that’s the point.

And it’s perfectly depicted in Paris, Texas by the entire song but summed in two perfectly simple sentences “when you know, you know, it’s time to go”. It’s exactly that. What a tremendous gift this song (and album) is. It feels less lonely now. Thank you for that, Lana.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

I’m incredibly emotional with one of the songs right now. Apologies for pouring my thoughts into here rn.

Hide contents

Paris, Texas has managed to capture what no other song was ever able to - in fact, I remember often trying to think of a song that could express this very specific feeling I’ve always felt but couldn’t really explain or even decipher. A feeling of longing, not for someone or something, but for home - not just in a spacial sense but also in an emotional one.

5 years ago I moved from this smaller town here in Portugal to our capital Lisbon and it changed myself for the better specially after all the traumatic events that had happened in the years prior. Since moving, I have found a group of friends that I consider my family, I’ve straightened the ties to my mother and little brother even further (they’re still in our hometown) and I’ve had a lot of good and bad experiences living as a functional and independent adult - in all of them there was always this constant state of navigating in between places, people and experiences, in search for that ultimate feeling of belonging and rooting in a place or a perfect mental state or a fulfilling relationship or this illusion that I’m not growing old soon and still have a lot of vitality and life left. And yet, despite all of my complications as far as my past and my traumas go and all of the adversities the cosmos keeps throwing my way, there’s always this little fuzzy spark inside (intuition?) that keeps me traveling above the clouds in search for my own definition of home. It seems like it’s a journey that never ends - maybe that’s the point.

And it’s perfectly depicted in Paris, Texas by the entire song but summed in two perfectly simple sentences “when you know, you know, it’s time to go”. It’s exactly that. What a tremendous gift this song (and album) is. It feels less lonely now. Thank you for that, Lana.

Aww, just sending a little hug

Spoiler

I really like that she incorporated  guitars from different nfr songs into some of the new songs. It's like nfr's big sis in a way.

Spoiler

Unfortunately I did not enjoy the jack feature but the song is really cute!

Just now, Mariahspoolboy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I realized this has bigger implications because I realized it sounds like a Taylor song and my entire personality is based around thinking she’s terrible. 

my holy trinity:

Spoiler

1- kintsugi. the emotional impact just cannot compare to all the others. listening to it is just a spiritual experience. most emotional song of hers ever. fucking death.

2&3 kinda on the same level- grandfather and fishtail. too hard to compare bc they’re so different but both ethereal in such different ways. the first is so hopeful, strong but soft, just feels like floating on water under the sun. the second tho is more like laying at the bottom of the ocean with all the corals and beautiful fishes, the production is just so cool. one makes me emotional while the other is so sexy and interesting 

1 minute ago, Mariahspoolboy said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

yea definitely the weakest part of the song but I love the rest sm :crai:

Spoiler

Paris, Texas has grown on me for sure :true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Hide contents

Paris, Texas has managed to capture what no other song by anyone was ever able to - in fact, I remember often trying to think of a song that could express this very specific feeling I’ve always felt but couldn’t really explain or even decipher. A feeling of longing, not for someone or something, but for home - not just in a spacial sense but also in an emotional one.

5 years ago I moved from this smaller town here in Portugal to our capital Lisbon and it changed myself for the better specially after all the traumatic events that had happened in the years prior. Since moving, I have found a group of friends that I consider my family, I’ve strengthened the ties with my mother and little brother even further (they’re still in our hometown) and I’ve had a lot of good and bad experiences living as a functional and independent adult - in all of them there was always this constant state of navigating in between places, people and experiences, in search for that ultimate feeling of belonging and rooting in a place or a perfect mental state or a fulfilling relationship or this illusion that I’m not growing old soon and still have a lot of vitality and life left. And yet, despite all of my complications as far as my past and my traumas go and all of the adversities the cosmos keeps throwing my way, there’s always this little fuzzy spark inside (intuition?) that keeps me traveling above the clouds in search for my own definition of home. It seems like it’s a journey that never ends - maybe that’s the point.

Spoiler

Thank you for sharing your story. It’s truly amazing how this woman can channel emotions of people she has never met into meaningful music.

The Grants did something similar for me, captured a feeling a song never had quite done before and I felt like I knew what to do next. This evening I have been locked into Kintsugi and it’s doing something similar, for a different aspect of grief in my life.

This album keeps on giving and giving. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Spoiler

okay so i gave it 24 hours - i’m writing this after i caved and listened to the leak

@Taco Truck x VB exclUSIVE baby!

i honestly don’t know how to feel about it .. half of me thinks it’s a top tier album but half of me was left a little .. is that all? 

i think it is DEFINITELY a grower, and to be fair i didn’t like any of my favorite albums when i first heard them, UV - did not like at first at all, NFR - i thought it was boring and i didn’t like the piano bare bones

i think this album needs to be repeated by me multiple multiple multiple times to get the full grasp, but so far my top favorites; (and i’m still waiting on my baby candy necklace, i know she’s gonna be my favorite) :flutter:

paris texas, grandfather, TACO TRUCK X VB, a&w, tunnel i suppose top 5 at the moment

i really really wanted to like the last 3 tracks i was really hyped for them, i really liked taco and then it just.. trap venice bitch? i was confused lol

i like it i do i just didn’t expect that 

fishtail and peppers sound kinda messy to me production wise, and i kept going a bit ??? with my face at times

the grants - beautiful track that sets the scene for the album and i adore it 

tunnel - beautiful and one of my fav singles in a while, will always associate it to certain memories from december, very personal song to me now

sweet - it was cute, not my favorite

a&w - one of my fav singles and songs, the AW melody is so beautiful and i love love love her

judah smith interlude - ?? i don’t really like it and will probably skip long term

candy necklace - i am awaiting you

jon batiste interlude - it’s cute but will probably be skipped

kintsugi - took a while for me to get the structure but she’s so pretty, all i could think is that she’s really really pretty but i can’t really make out wtf she says sometimes

fingertips - i appreciate her and i do like her a lot but the lack of structure first listen definitely threw me off

paris texas - i want morrrrreee i didn’t expect it to be so pretty

grandfather - this was very hyped so i expected a lot and i really loved the crescendo, it did also feel a little short same as P,T and i’m like oh no it’s finished??

let the light in - pretty pretty song and very nice and refreshing to listen to

margaret - was cute but not my favorite .. i love jack but i did start laughing a bit oops? i have NO idea what he said 

fishtail - i really liked but i really wanted to like more? i think she’s pretty and maybe she’ll grow on me

peppers - i think it’s cute and the production gets really random towards the end it was almost off putting lol but she’s a bop for sure and i can’t wait for her to grow on me

now. for my NAMESAKE taco truck - i do not know how i feel, i liked taco truck and then it just kind of morphed and i was a lil confused when vb started cause it was just so random

it was aesthetically pleasing though 

all in all, love the album and i can’t wait to repeat it til i hate it! these are just my 2 cents and hope you all love it. i hope it reaches my top 3 in the end as my top 2 were massive growers LOL