fishtails

Newport, RI @ Newport Folk Fest - July 30th, 2023

So last night floating in my music room, chillin, listening to music, the Hope performance popped into my thoughts. Particularly the writing on the mirror when I remembered that in VBBOTG there is handwriting. So I thought maybe I will see if there are any letters that look similar to the ones she wrote on the mirror. "Never to Heaven" there is the word angles written in script where the capitol letter A is written exactly the way the second letter is written on mirror. So I thought, she wrote "HAR"? WTF does HAR mean? So, of course I go to the all knowing god of information google and...

Meaning of HAR, A sound of laughter , with a sarcastic connotation

Anyways this is the shit I think about when I am high...

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

This performance is my favorite so far- if not my very favorite of all time… it’s exactly what I would wish for in a set if I ever saw her, the crowd was sooo respectful and quiet. Her vocals got to shine :wub:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

On 7/31/2023 at 9:31 PM, longtimeman said:

Not me sitting watching videos at 6.30 am, crying my eyes out to Hope and For Free.

She actually gave some of her best live renditions in this festival. For Free is anything but magical. Jack's piano performance was brilliant as well. 

MAC's piano version is maybe my favourite of the song too.