fishtails

Newport, RI @ Newport Folk Fest - July 30th, 2023

Hope performance 😭 

Β the ending where they take her away… it reminded me of Fingertips where she says β€œwhat kind of mother was she to say I'd end up in institutions?” I think she’s representing her past (the AA meetings when she sings the Bowery bums part) but also the dramatic future her mother had imagined for her when she was a teen… cause she probably told her she was β€œcrazy” 

this performance making me stream both NFR and chemtrails this morning

it's been a while

Β 

VEELfEQ.gif

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

21 minutes ago, tarblacksoul said:

Hope performance 😭 

Β the ending where they take her away… it reminded me of Fingertips where she says β€œwhat kind of mother was she to say I'd end up in institutions?” I think she’s representing her past (the AA meetings when she sings the Bowery bums part) but also the dramatic future her mother had imagined for her when she was a teen… cause she probably told her she was β€œcrazy” 

I feel particularly dramatic, and it's really not good to pull her hair. I feel

30 minutes ago, tarblacksoul said:

Hope performance 😭 

I was thinking the same thing, the different scenes, where her at different points of her life. Maybe even one of the dancers representing her younger, as she wrote on the mirror before lana did...Β 

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I also can't believe the setlist was 85% NFR, Chem, Blue and Ocean Blvd. This should be the staple of her setlist in the year 2023. She sounds so so good singing her new songs, I said this since MITA Festival.Β 

43 minutes ago, Edgartur0 said:

What was the setlist ?

Β 

Norman fucking Rockwell

Arcadia

Bartender

Chemtrails

The Grants

Breaking Up Slowly

For Free

Mariners Apartment Complex

Summertime Sadness

Ocean Blvd

Hope is a dangerous thing

11 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I also can't believe the setlist was 85% NFR, Chem, Blue and Ocean Blvd. This should be the staple of her setlist in the year 2023. She sounds so so good singing her new songs, I said this since MITA Festival.Β 

Β 

Norman fucking Rockwell

Arcadia

Bartender

Chemtrails

The Grants

Breaking Up Slowly

For Free

Summertime Sadness

Ocean Blvd

I'm not gonna lie, this set list would be very disappointing to me if I saw her. It's all very... mellow. Beautiful songs just a little tame for my taste

awww tropical summertime is so cute and freshΒ 

Just now, White Dress said:

I'm not gonna lie, this set list would be very disappointing to me if I saw her. It's all very... mellow. Beautiful songs just a little tame for my taste

i would do anything to see MAC and hope live

24 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Β 

Norman fucking Rockwell

Arcadia

Bartender

Chemtrails

The Grants

Breaking Up Slowly

For Free

Summertime Sadness

Ocean Blvd

+ Video Games

35 minutes ago, White Dress said:

it's better than hearing the same old blue jeans-young and beautiful-born to die-cherry-white mustang run. i'm glad she let cocc and nfr shineΒ 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

β €β € β €β € β €β € β €β € Β β €Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  β € Β  Β  :Β¨ Β·.Β· Β¨:

β €β € β €β € β €β € β €β € Β  β € Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β `Β· . κ”«

45 minutes ago, White Dress said:

It’s a folk fest and she had a short set. It was perfect for the occasionΒ 

7 hours ago, Elle said:

Now that I think about it, is this the first show she’s ever done where she hasn’t sang Blue Jeans since like the beginning of her LDR career? I feel like that song has been on every single setlist since the beginning of time along with Video Games & Born to Die, the latter of which she also didn’t perform. Of course since this was a Folk festival it made sense without it, but I feel like by nowΒ Blue Jeans should be traded out for a different song for her usual setlist. She does love performing it though which is probably why it’s stuck around as long as it has x

I think she could very easily do a 10-12 minute party medley of all the BTD hits. It would demolish the crowds and it would be super high energy and at the same time it would leave enough time for her other amazing songs. Or she should just start doing 2hr shows because 1.5hrs is just not enoughΒ 

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

Omg Gregory Alan isakov liked the festival's post.Β  PLZ COLLAB ALREADY.Β 

Β 

Their voices would sound so heavenly together.Β 

I would die. He’s one of the best songwriters alive right next to Lana, and their styles as of recently are so similar. I hope they connected yesterday.Β