ethelcain

"Tropico" (Scrapped) Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

Took another photo from that shoot and made it worse, I can see Lake Placid though :lel:

imgonline-com-ua-Negative-s5so9-I51m7-Z8

ย 

i think i see queen of the gas station (dan auerbach's version) :wowcry:

Zztqfn3.jpeg

10 hours ago, cartoon eyes said:

Anyone up for word search round 2?ย K2WshA8.png

From thisย pic flipped and darkened all the way - I see MELANCHOLIA for sure but not rly sure what else

HOLD ON I SEE "ย GLORY "ย AS THE LAST WORD OF THE TRACK ON THE VERY TOPย :illumarina:

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 

*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ˜…๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ˜†*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

ย 

i think i see queen of the gas station (auerbach's version) :wowcry:

I can also see Boom Like That (Rick Nowels Radio Mix)(Dan Heath Orchestral Version)(ft. Barrie James)(30 Minutes Version)(More Boom Version)

url%5D

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

Took another photo from that shoot and made it worse, I can see Lake Placid though :lel:

ย 

can you post the original photo?

Zztqfn3.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

OMG I see Trailer Park Methamphetamine Beauty Queen (2012 Rework) (Rick Nowels Version)ย 

*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ˜…๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ˜†*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

ย 

can you post the original photo?

Cropped, flipped and tilted without the filters:

9santamonica-studiorecording.jpg

From this photo:

9santamonica-studiorecording-03.jpg

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

Cropped, flipped and tilted without the filters:

9santamonica-studiorecording.jpg

From this photo:

9santamonica-studiorecording-03.jpg

ย 

i tried to edit it but, yeah, that's impossible :bebe:ย but on the other one posted today, i can definitely make out some titles and i'm convinced that last one is trans am

Zztqfn3.jpeg

Unrelated but the art behind her in that photo is gorgeous. While weโ€™re snooping someone should find what the piece is!

ย 

ย 

Also my sources have revealed that even prior to writing the tentative tracklist on that notepad, the finalized idea was already jotted down and pinned up on the wall behind her!! We were looking at the wrong paper all along lipsters!! Letโ€™s see if we can crack THIS code nowโ€ฆ

hextlyM.jpg

We all know that photo of that paper where she wrote Trans-Am. I have theory...what if Trans-Am isn't a song but maybe it was a title for the album? Like maybe at first it was Tropico and later she had thoughts of renaming it as Trans-Am? Or maybe this was the Trans-Am session and the previois session was called Tropico with all the songs? There's also a white paper next to it, maybe someone can filter it and find songs out :bebe:

url%5D

url%5D

1 minute ago, MakingOut said:

thatโ€™s a blank paper

Well obviously but if you put strong filters on it you can see the "pen marks" from behind

url%5D

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

We all know that photo of that paper where she wrote Trans-Am. I have theory...what if Trans-Am isn't a song but maybe it was a title for the album? Like maybe at first it was Tropico and later she had thoughts of renaming it as Trans-Am? Or maybe this was the Trans-Am session and the previois session was called Tropico with all the songs? There's also a white paper next to it, maybe someone can filter it and find songs out :bebe:

url%5D

I see other papers with writing in red ink in the backย :judgingu3:

On 11/25/2023 at 11:22 PM, lanaismamom said:

no:rip:

untouchable fine is starry eyed, hollywood, jfk, bb demo and angels forever, also some other stuff were leaked alongside those, so itโ€™s this:

ย 

jfk, hollywood, starry eyed,ย will you still love me (y&b demo) - paradise

ย 

angels forever, bb demo - tropico/ultraviolence

ย 

tv in black and white - btdย 

ย 

then jfk version we have was re considered for tropico on its early stages, and hollywood unleaked version was reworked in 2013ย 

omg so the version we already have of JFK was the one considered for tropico? where are the drums and the guittars...

Old Money, 2:12

tumblr_n66t9eCeoM1rdpjfqo1_500.gifv

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn Fetus said:

omg so the version we already have of JFK was the one considered for tropico? where are the drums and the guittars...

The version we have was recorded during the paradise sessions, and then considered for tropico