ethelcain

"Tropico" (Scrapped) Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

@lanaismamom there's this one thing I have never understood about Tropico and UV - when was Tropico finally scrapped and when did the real UV sessions start? 

I assume Tropico was scrapped when she started filming the movie circa Summer 2013?

Rick's UV (not Tropico) sessions started in Autumn 2013?

And

Auerbach's UV sessions started in January/February 2014?

url%5D

19 minutes ago, Embach said:

@lanaismamom there's this one thing I have never understood about Tropico and UV - when was Tropico finally scrapped and when did the real UV sessions start? 

I assume Tropico was scrapped when she started filming the movie circa Summer 2013?

Rick's UV (not Tropico) sessions started in Autumn 2013?

And

Auerbach's UV sessions started in January/February 2014?

this is interesting because maybe the idea was really scrapped in juna, and the film (shot june) was already attached to an ep, but I rather attach it to then yet existed "tropico" project and i personally consider the untouchable 5 leak (july) the point after she scrapped tropico sound direction, and july-august is when she gradually started switching into uv sessions that peaked in october-november, andand by december it had been done

then she met auerbach in january and reworked again

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

18 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

this is interesting because maybe the idea was really scrapped in juna, and the film (shot june) was already attached to an ep, but I rather attach it to then yet existed "tropico" project and i personally consider the untouchable 5 leak (july) the point after she scrapped tropico sound direction, and july-august is when she gradually started switching into uv sessions that peaked in october-november, andand by december it had been done

then she met auerbach in january and reworked again

Tysm :kiss2:

url%5D

01. Genesis (Intro)

02. Ave Maria

03. Gods & Monsters

04. Drive

05. I Talk To Jesus

06. JFK

07. Black Leather Moonlight

08. Body Electric

09. You & Me

10. Pussy

11. Cult Leader

12. Money Power & Glory

13. Black Beauty

14. Melancholia

15. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

16. Bel Air

:makeup:

A question i have always had is when ppl describe Tropico i’ve seen them say that demos of Body Electric, Cola and other Paradise tracks would have been on or considered for the Tropico tracklist. If Paradise was already released while she was working on Tropico why would demos of already released songs have been considered?

YCY3W7s.jpg

24 minutes ago, lake placid said:

A question i have always had is when ppl describe Tropico i’ve seen them say that demos of Body Electric, Cola and other Paradise tracks would have been on or considered for the Tropico tracklist. If Paradise was already released while she was working on Tropico why would demos of already released songs have been considered?

i 100% believe the demos of paradise tracks were never considered for tropico. paradise is simply a re-issue of btd so they wanted it out asap so the era is kept alive. the demos of the songs have to be like a couple months old (and maybe even longer since we know that there’s a cola laptop demo). the people saying that the demos of paradise tracks were considered have no clue abt the timeline

3 hours ago, Raise Me Up said:

the last one is maybe Back to tha Basics ???

no:rip:

3 hours ago, Nightcall said:

What album were the untouchable 5 for? Tropico or Paradise?

untouchable fine is starry eyed, hollywood, jfk, bb demo and angels forever, also some other stuff were leaked alongside those, so it’s this:

jfk, hollywood, starry eyed, will you still love me (y&b demo) - paradise

angels forever, bb demo - tropico/ultraviolence

tv in black and white - btd 

then jfk version we have was re considered for tropico on its early stages, and hollywood unleaked version was reworked in 2013 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

But we know this just is not the case

wdym (if ur referring to paradise being its own album then yeah ig but paradise was intended to extend the whole btd era)

Edited by Rust Dress