ethelcain

"Tropico" (Scrapped) Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

whilst i love the tropico concept i'm glad we ended up with the album we did (uv) as it is my all time favourite album and means so much to me :trisha:

love reading about the tropico process though!! 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

I think I believe in tropico. I would have loved to know what tropico would have been like, but I love UV so much that I’d rather have uv than tropico. I wonder how the aesthetic of tropico would be like.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Can someone spill something about the original If You Lie Down With Me? No one talked about it before, I'd like to know how much is different from the BB version, if it's a Pink Champagne situation or she just rerecorded vocals and changed some production.

2 minutes ago, Your Favorite Boy said:

Can someone spill something about the original If You Lie Down With Me? No one talked about it before, I'd like to know how much is different from the BB version, if it's a Pink Champagne situation or she just rerecorded vocals and changed some production.

I was just thinking about this, someone needs to tell us more about it 

1 hour ago, fukksleep said:

the old money demo leaked i think

right but there are more, Jamie xx version hasnt leaked and I dont know why its attributed as tropico version

1 hour ago, fukksleep said:

I think that this isnt the tropico version. The tropico version is the 2012 one

yes, with beat, its the tropico version

alternate final is what we call a 2014 rework

1 hour ago, Crimson and Clover said:

so we don’t have any of the Jamie XX versions?? Pain..:noparty:

yeah we still dont

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

it clearly was stop with that narrative! they were 2 absolutely different projects from the very start

it's a cute theory but it's still just a theory, you don't need to get so defensive... you're just making this into this "serious" scrapped project because it's mysterious and interesting but after all there's no official confirmation 

like it was said before, she may have just experimented with different words and vibes (as we know in her early career she often felt this aura around certain words and was trying to make something out of them) but there's still no actual evidence other than some doodles she wrote on a paper LOL 

like all of this could just be (and was) an early LDR3 tracklist that she wasn't sure of its title yet (that later turned into ultraviolence) and you're making this huge theory because fandoms are just obsessed over scrapped projects and "what could've been"s

btw i love this whole theory don't get me wrong i just don't get why y'all being so sure about it :deadbanana:

I still believe there’s a bigger overlap between Tropico and Paradise than we give it credit for. 

When she first mentioned “Will You Still Love Me When I’m no Longer Young and Beautiful” and “In the Lands of Gods & Monsters” she mentioned it was for her second album. Around one month later she mentioned there was going to be a Born To Die re-release. At that point she probably was planning the visuals with Mendler (including the Ride video) and making up the concept for a short film using all the songs, especially as she announced it with the “Bel Air” music video. Don’t think she’d rush record a whole album just trying to make a movie.

Now I want the conspiracy about Trans-Am album featuring the January 2013 tracklist yeah yeah 

Definites

Old Money

Young And Beautiful

Drive / Ride

Gods & Monsters

Body Electric

I Talk To Jesus

Cola / Pussy

Melancholia

Money Power Glory

Bel Air

Maybe pipeline ?

Burning Desire

Ave Maria

Lake Placid / IDWG

Black Beauty

Angels Forever

You & Me

JFK

Cult Leader

American

Yayo

I Can Fly

3 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

When she first mentioned “Will You Still Love Me When I’m no Longer Young and Beautiful” and “In the Lands of Gods & Monsters” she mentioned it was for her second album. Around one month later she mentioned there was going to be a Born To Die re-release.

yeah i remember that she stated that paradise was supposed to be a full 2nd album but interscope was obsessed over doing re-releases at that time (like they did with many artists) and she agreed to that

9 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

it's a cute theory but it's still just a theory, you don't need to get so defensive... you're just making this into this "serious" scrapped project because it's mysterious and interesting but after all there's no official confirmation 

like it was said before, she may have just experimented with different words and vibes (as we know in her early career she often felt this aura around certain words and was trying to make something out of them) but there's still no actual evidence other than some doodles she wrote on a paper LOL 

like all of this could just be (and was) an early LDR3 tracklist that she wasn't sure of its title yet (that later turned into ultraviolence) and you're making this huge theory because fandoms are just obsessed over scrapped projects and "what could've been"s

btw i love this whole theory don't get me wrong i just don't get why y'all being so sure about it :deadbanana:

i mean just sure it wasnt confirmed but facts that we have all point that it isnt just a theory and we have many, so many facts to imagine timeline, and then the sounds swutch was just very obvious to imagine that these songs were being crafted in one vein for one project that is became more than just a concept, and was 'defensive' not to be actually defensive, its Just a person Who I had this same conversation earlier and ye its all in that context

1 hour ago, godsmonster said:

justice for Angels Forever!

Gosh I don’t understand the hype :raven: the lyrics is so so repetitive 

Spoiler

They were angels forever (forever, forever)
Forever angels (angels, angels)
They were angels forever forever angels
They were angels forever forever angels

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Forever angels
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

2 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

i mean just sure it wasnt confirmed but facts that we have all point that it isnt just a theory and we have many, so many facts to imagine timeline, and then the sounds swutch was just very obvious to imagine that these songs were being crafted in one vein for one project that is became more than just a concept, and was 'defensive' not to be actually defensive, its Just a person Who I had this same conversation earlier and ye its all in that context

yeah we've known that for years that pre-uv she was working on way softer album that later was reworked into what we have now but the thing is this whole theory centers around this "tropico" title which is actually the one thing that we don't have that much proof of!

4 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

yeah we've known that for years that pre-uv she was working on way softer album that later was reworked into what we have now but the thing is this whole theory centers around this "tropico" title which is actually the one thing that we don't have that much proof of!

boz explained that tropico had always been attached to visual part and wasnt actual title, just a placeholder for her project that was supposed to be accompanied with tropico film visuals its really what we know and what reached to me not really far ago and this makes even more perfect sense 

31 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Definites

Old Money

Young And Beautiful

Drive / Ride

Gods & Monsters

Body Electric

I Talk To Jesus

Cola / Pussy

Melancholia

Money Power Glory

Bel Air

Maybe pipeline ?

Burning Desire

Ave Maria

Lake Placid / IDWG

Black Beauty

Angels Forever

You & Me

JFK

Cult Leader

American

Yayo

I Can Fly

Paradise and Tropico are totally separate

I feel like "Tropico" is a hard conversation to have because it changed completely twice 

Tropico (Nov. 2012 - Apr. 2013) > Rick Nowels' Ultraviolence (May 2013 - Nov. 2013) > Dan Auchbach's Ultraviolence (Oct. 2013 - Feb. 2014)

And I bet all of these versions had very different tracklist concepts like Tropico

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

3 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Paradise and Tropico are totally separate

I feel like "Tropico" is a hard conversation to have because it changed completely twice 

Tropico (Nov. 2012 - Apr. 2013) > Rick Nowels' Ultraviolence (May 2013 - Nov. 2013) > Dan Auchbach's Ultraviolence (Oct. 2013 - Feb. 2014)

And I bet all of these versions had very different tracklist concepts like Tropico

still needing that rick nowels tracklist:defeated: